Mortick's Brace actually do anything?

If they update Slaughter to do something like 3,000% damage and Arreat’s Will to just do anything, Mortick could definitely be useful. I’m not going to bold my breath though.

2 Likes

I was just going by what the Dev’s excuse was not to release the Morticks’s back in the day, “that they were way to powerful for the game back then” and not update them or a skill or 2 like jako mentioned, to actually be much of a factor to be used in today’s game.
In other words, to little and much to late.

They don’t add damage on their own, but they do allow my wastes barb to drop poc (and ip) for witching hour and a noticeable damage boost. This boost is in no way enough to fix our damage problem, but it does help a bit if, like me, you are not a top paragon barb pushing top grs. Even with mortick’s, though, we are still nowhere near performing at the level of other classes with similar paragon and similar quality gear.

Guys I keep repeating this and no one is hearing… The slaughter is not working as in the past. It works like how the new bloodshed works. It lost all its area damage.

When they changed bloodshed, slaughter changed as well. Without any patch note about it. Apparently it shared a script with blooddhed or devs accidentally ruined it.

It may be a bug.

And no I am not talking about proc chance.

3 Likes

Since Patch 2.6.6 launched, there are 4 new barb solo era clears among the top 12 on the leaderboard. All used Morticks.

In the top 100 barb solo era, there are 14 new higher clears. Of these, 11 of 14 incorporated Morticks . The 3 outliers (1 clear used a build with Echoing Fury, while 2 used no new items.)

3 Likes

Slaughter was working fine for me not too long ago. I’ll try to check it out again.

Someone at Blizzard reads this stuff and hopefully the opinions get relayed. I think the bracers themselves are fine, its most of the wotb runes that aren’t in a good spot.

3 Likes

They are a ok option but two runes do almost nothing. If they can find a meaningful change to Arreat’s Wail and Slaughter they could be a great option.

2 Likes

Morticks would be fine they just need to tweek zerker runes to make them work better. Add more base weapon damage to 2 hander and attack speed to a few more reg legs weapons. Frenzy might acualty work at that point. Question though? why do they call it a primary attack when no one used it any more. Maybe buff secondary attack since we all can run cdr now. ?

1 Like

Lol, yes, I got nailed for comparing The d3 development team to jimmy hoffa. Which was funny, to me, because he disappeared without a trace. But the ban hammer swung and now I will never be level 3

2 Likes

Free’s post at the start was somewhat informative. Now it just a troll hunt if you disagree. I cant and wont post on that forum again. lots of things I would like to add…eck I cant. Blizz should never let one post rule what we as a community should aspire too.

4 Likes

Your humor was spot on.

I made a post saying the big announcement on Diablo stage for Blizzcon was going to be Candy Crush getting a Diablo skin and I will also never be able to reach TL3 as well.

1 Like

You do know I know where he is buried:)

1 Like

~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jZiKFLL6MI~

1 Like

I don’t play to much any more. 1k paragon a season. Act 5 though there is a bounty where “nephelam there is something we can use” somedays it think its dev speaking lol. When you finish the bounty it is useless . Always cracks me up.

I believe you are referring to Free’s Rescue the Barbs post which has an amazing life of it’s own.

The post at the top is just me wondering why I see no effect from using Mortick’s Bracers.

2 Likes

Good post but to much math. barb needs density for area damage attack speed for weapon damage. That’s about it to improve barb needs more single target and more weapons /gear with multipliers. Post is way out of hand .Tweek zerker pretty simple you don’t need a bunch of premaddona controlling the game.

Dude. We should make a clan “Will Never B Lvl 3”

3 Likes

I have no doubt this is my last post, but will be removed.
It would be great if we can make a clan on this forum with that name.
I’ll bet a lot of others will join as well.

Apparently, all it takes is a couple ‘inappropriate’ flags from anyone and a person is banned.

This new forum software has some cool features, but has even more serious flaws.

3 Likes

Trolls United no complaining we all get it :):smile:

1 Like