Mortick's Brace actually do anything?

Barb is not a bad class but it needs a bit more meat

1 Like

Bliz used to change meta/some times sader was z class some time wd was. sometimes wd was dps sometimes monk or dh was dps. now its just one group and one build.i look at lb and all the same builds 4 man. Its sad.

3 Likes

If you are doing speed runs or pushing high grs at high paragon they are useless. If you run wastes at mid paragon in mid lvl grs, though, Mortick’s let you swap witching hour for poc and boost your damage a bit. They are hardly the be-all end-all solution to barbs’ lackluster damage, but they added a few grs to my 1800 paragon barb.

3 Likes

You will cube fury no matter what for speed then wear mortiks and witching hour. I have seen slightly faster times then with nems build. Ive also tested gogok vs trapped since the fury attack speed makes our cooldown go very fast. They produce similar times. Everyone should at least try it. Im enjoying 3 minutes 95s

Currently, for an IK/HOTA Barb, you wear Bracers of the First Men and cube Magefist. To make use of Mortick’s you lose one of those, which is a huge damage loss. So, sure, you get more survivability but you’re not going to be able to kill stuff.

Well if you play HC, then you go with a bit more defense,
unless you really like re-rolling.

4 Likes

Dying is inevitable. It’s how your Barb lives that matters…
http://ximg.co.uk/images/2019/08/05/d3_s17_hc_barb_gr96_rank312.jpg

Eh, losing Magefist isn’t a huge damage loss. Depending on your gear it’s probably only a GR worth of damage at max. Which you can make up in other areas.

Blizzard needs to go through all of the powerup modes for all of the classes and do some tweaking.

Akarat’s Champion has some completely useless runes. Berserker obviously has some useless runes. Epiphany is just completely outdated in 2.6.6. Vengeance could use some tweaks to some runes.

I’m all in for a change of the Slaugther rune to merrit the use of the bracers

1 Like

I think Arreats is the one that needs the update the most. At least with IK builds or LoN builds, Slaughter does a lot of explosions that do add up and provide some minor AoE.

But definitely both of them could use an update.

If you are a bad Barb like I am they will do something. But for good barbs i doubt it will even raise their GR by 1, or even by 0.5. :confused:

Well, if you’re using IK HOTA, you wear Mortick and Cube BOTFM. If you were using Bloodthirsty, you no longer need it. Add a damage passive. That combined with Slaughter should keep most players pretty even or maybe even improve some players that were using Aquila. Unfortunately not by much.

I think Magefist in the Cube is still going to put out the most damage for IK HOTA. Mortick’s will be decent to start with but for true pushing if you are going the IK HOTA route it’ll be Magefist for the most DPS.

Here’s my d3planner of what I believe will be the best rolls for IK HOTA: https://www.d3planner.com/469256222

1 Like

Failed to load profile: Profile not found.

a 2 fell off the end haha. My bad! I updated the original link you should be good to go now bud.

1 Like

With IK Hota at low para you likely need the extra defense so losing magefist is not a bad thing. I was able to gain 2 grifts as well just from the ability to tank all the damage and not running. I hear well you just hit a wall becaue at some point you need the damage. This is true but I would rather my wall be at 116 then 114.

1 Like

With damage permanently being shared between your hero and the three ancients and 100% up-time on Band of Might’s 80% mitigation you should already be tanky as hell. You’re way more likely to hit a damage limit wall than a toughness one.

Magefist is the number one choice for IK HotA when pushing GRs as the damage output is the weakest point of the build. How much damage it adds depends on how much Fire Damage% player already has.

Mortick’s works fine for lower GRs and more casual play.

1 Like

Tried Mortick’s on my WW Barb, they are okay in T16 runs, kind of fun actually but I miss Nem’s for the extra orbs. They are certainly not living up to their reputation for much of a power boost in GRifts in my opinion.
As far as I am concerned the Dev’s didn’t do any favors to WW or any build for that matter, by releasing these antique bracers without updating them to today’s game standards.

3 Likes

that’s the thing they aren’t a power boost. They don’t add damage since we already always use the Insanity rune. Just added damage mitigation which can potentially lead to a higher/faster clear since you tank more damage but overall they add little value.

5 Likes