Mortick's Brace actually do anything?

I put Mortick’s Brace in place of Nems on WW barb and after several gr 90’s realized Nems are much better choice.

Is it possible the Mortick’s Brace is bugged?

5 Likes

They are like a cosmetic item.

Looks cool and you can imagine the high GRs you could have done 2-3 years ago.

14 Likes

Haha, pretty good.

It almost looks like a perfect copy of Strongarm Bracers without the ability to do something.

Morticks we’re great years ago. Now its nems. Strongarms. There are heaps better bracers now anx morticks are just garbage

1 Like

Since Insanity skill rune is a get go choice, they’re only good for extra damage mitigation on WotB activation for most builds. You won’t get any benefits from damage mitigation if your WotB uptime is low and you won’t feel any extra damage increase from other runes if you’re using anything but LoN or IK. If your spec can not have a good amount of uptime for WotB they’re useless.

No, they’re just bad.
If you’re speed-farming, Nemesis bracers are better.
If you’re pushing, Ancient Parthan Defenders are better.

4 Likes

Just to bump this thread and make everyoje aware. MORTICKS unless yoy have a time machine to go back 4 years are complete garbage and just anothet soul

3 Likes

I use the increased damage rune so having the bracers gives me the damage reduction its only reason I use them.

For an Immortal King’s Call build, the 50% damage reduction and 5364 life per fury spent will make those bracers your strongest defensive item by far.
I get that you were trying to make a point about the barb proposal, but getting so much defense from 1 item means that you can trade some of your other sources of defense for more offense. Sources like those from gems and passive skills.
Also the Slaughter rune has it’s own proc coefficient so could potentially make Mirinae worth using if a build can make good use of it. Iv’e played one barb build before which Mirinae worked really well with.

4 Likes

Yeah, they aren’t bad for speed runs but you will drop them for something else once your dps can’t keep up with GR scaling. The problem that’s been mentioned about 100x already is that barbs don’t need more mitigation.

They need more dps, period.

Wall charging does not count and it’s time to get rid of it already.

1 Like

Come to think about it, every other classes has builds that come and go. Is Barb the only class still stuck to mindless charging since day 2?

3 Likes

I will use them for mitigation, i play HC solo,
so it will be useful.
In SC not so much.

1 Like

This.

Extra mitigation is worth a lot to HC players. Not every item in the game is designed around SC play optimization.

1 Like

Mortick bracers are just lackluster, no matter if you play SC or HC.
For example for hota barbs all you get is a bit of life per fury spent… (considering that hota was using aquila… ) morticks were amazing in the past because of slaughter rune was actually doing some decent damage on IK builds, by nowadays standards is just bad.

1 Like

I hate repeating I will get banned again. Mortics is your dads new car in season 4, now its season 18 its old and worn out bring some friend to help push it to the gas station. Magefist is a bit better. T16 ya prob better for mats and farming but you cant push with it.

3 Likes

I understand, and have same fear.
If I use my sense of humor I’m called a Troll by Blizzard System.

I know my days are numbered.

3 Likes

Now if they changed zerker . Humm lets say change a skills adds cdr to one skill so we don’t need zodiac/add area damage to another zerker skill, so we don’t have to roll area damage/ add fury or life per fury so we don’t need shoulder. Then we might be getting close to what it should be. Barb to far gone to redeem.

1 Like

I hear you Chetanji to many number crunchers and way to serious. If you joke about anything they call you a troll absolutely no scence of humor. If you played this games since day since day one you would get the humor. Im sure some Blizz employees do:) As far as I can tell they are trolling me for actualy having a sence of humor lol.

2 Likes

Yes
Thank you for pointing this out

1 Like

Hee hee band of comics