Max Efficiency T16 Barb LON WW P1000+

Putting abilities on auto cast is lame? wow, such insight. I prefer to scroll youtube on my phone with the other hand while I speed farm.

1. I dont have a cherry picked list of fast times…my AVERAGE time is significantly faster than 2m.

2. I don’t use messer or zodiac. I use squirts + wildebeast in amulet, cube ef, I only hit the 4.44 bp but it doesn’t matter b/c everything literally melts. My only constraint on faster clear times is my movement speed.

3. I actually built your setup, only I went for fire dmg rune b/c I was worried about the low damage of the build and the tradeoffs necessary (for both fury maintenance and movement speed) to keep the build somewhat mobile and give it good uptime on ww.

I’m not basing anything at all on your video, I watched and was interested enough to build it myself. I’m basing it 100% on my personal experience with the build. And I’m telling you, as a speed farming setup, it’s not as good as other options.

Now, I didn’t fish for pylons, I just did what I normally do…ie, log in and run some rifts. The lon ww build could conceivably be better under perfect conditions with great pylons/etc, but why go through the hassle for a speed farming build like that when the AVERAGE clear times will be significantly faster with a wotw6/cc/2/bk2 setup.

Oh, one other thing of note: making an LoN build of any kind is a serious pita. It’s either endgame or pretty close to it. So trying to optimize it for 1000 paragon is ridiculous. It’s ok to use for comparison’s sake, sure, but an lon ww build at p1000 would, if anything, be even worse in comparison to a wotw6/cc2/bk2 setup.

As I said before I am totally clueless why you’re using WW fire rune. When you don’t have free Dust Devils from the Wastes set, the fire rune is complete garbage.

Even for farming with Wastes it’s bad, Cold is better for that.

And no, at low paragon the build you’re proposing gets trashed in T16 due to no Stone gauntlets and low uptime on big cooldowns.

You just said you run EF in cube which is complete garbage in T16 for a Wastes build, especially if you do not have Messer or Zodiac. You need something for cooldown management whether it be In Geom or another item.

The instant your cooldowns fall off with Wastes 6, the LON build will pass you by in efficiency by miles.

Needing EF in cube for T16 is a huge drawback for a farming build that relies mostly on cooldowns.

Make a video running your proposed build at p1000 and 2000 strength equivalents and you’ll see what I mean.

Ah, yeah, no dust devils…yet another reason that wotw6 setup is better.

I dont drop my cooldowns, I have 60% cdr and 0 area dmg b/c it’s all about speed on this build. I don’t use gogok, you don’t need it.

Again, why are you bothering to argue? I literally just now figured out how to make a gaming video then upload it to youtube, just to help you see the error of your ways. I logged into the game and did 5 gr 75 with an average run time of 101 seconds, which jives pretty well with my 10 t16 runs the other day in avg time of 118 seconds.

It’s still uploading, but once it’s done here’s the link:

How much time have you actually spent trying a wotw6 build? Approximately? I’d guess that it’s pretty close to 0, at least for this season. I don’t need messerschmidts. I don’t need gogok. I don’t need anything other than more MS b/c everything just dies from the moment the rift starts. every. single. time.

I’m not making any more videos, if you can’t believe the evidence in front of your eyes then it’s clear that nothing I do short of showing you in game will convince you. In that spirit, add me in game, I’ll come and sit in your game for 5 consecutive gr 75 on your softcore barb and you can then come and sit in my game for 5 consecutive gr 75 on my hardcore barb. Not sure that would convince you either, but it will be interesting to see the spurious claims and outright fabrications your dream up to try to discredit me.

fyi, I’ve run ww as my primary farming build all season long. And last season. And most other seasons since 2013 (yes I played ww in d3v too). So, it’s not like I’m going at this without a clue, as you seem to be.

You’re not understanding what I am saying.

When you run the LON build you need to run it with Dust Devils selected for your comparison.

If your trial run of LON is with the Fire rune that will completely distort your experience of the build because you’re not following the correct build. Because the Fire rune sucks.

Understand?

As for your question about Barb playtime I’ve farmed on Barb for about 5,000 hours give or take and easily 200 of those are in T16 with both LON and Wastes6/CC2. I also hold the rank1 world clear with Earthquake (130).

I am not sure why you’re trying to bring “credentials” into this but I don’t think it’s a smart idea.

3 Likes

Yeah I have 4850 hours on barb alone, and none of mine are botted. So my actual, personal time on barbarian is quite likely much higher than yours.

Still feeling cocky with your 2nd rate build?

As I said before you can’t test a LON build no one posted (Fire rune, which is garbage) then say LON is inferior when you didn’t even run the correct build.

That’s an invalid comparison.

And yes I have tested them both extensively.

Wastes6/CC2 is not some magical discovery unknown to people. :roll_eyes:

Lets assume that the dmg is equal, which I’ll just say is possible though unlikely. The movement speed is just inferior, unless you get good pylons. But if you get a pylon in a 90-110 second rift its not going to help you much to have fot b/c the pylon lasts much of the rift…not to mention that the only really useful pylon for wotw6 is speed, and somewhat/very situational is shield.

fyi: I saw your gr 130 video. 9000 paragon right? Come on man. Do you even bother to play the game anymore?

Look me up on the old forums, I had 17000 posts, almost exclusively in the barb forums or hardcore forums. You act like botting 4500 hours and playing 500 hours makes you an expert, or clearing a 130 with 9000 paragon is impressive? I’m happy to have that discussion, though you’re probably better off keeping the focus on the ww builds.

But it’s not equal.

Dust Devils is really good, much better than Fire damage wise.

That’s why for the LON build you run Dust Devils.

Also this thread is about T16 farming, you are aware of that part, right? The LON build is literally optimized only for T16. It’s right on the title.

Which “130 video” are you talking about? I never made a 130 video.

You seem confused.

9305 paragon sorry. Didn’t mean to cheat you out 305 paragon. I must have been thinking of another 130 clear video, but I was pretty close on the paragon.

ok look at deis. Change the following:

cdr on every slot except amulet that can have it. you should be around 60% cdr at that point.

remove enough paragon points that you have 3.4m sheet dps like I do.

use following skills:
bravado
wotb
ww
marathon
bloodshed
war cry

cube

ef
chilanks
rorg

That’s my build. You run it yourself and you’ll get the same times I got. If, after you do that, you run 5 consecutive rifts on your lon ww speed farmer with a faster average time (first try on both, no fishing) then I’ll go through the hassle of building it.

You’re the one who brought up completely irrelevant questions about “playtime” into a discussion about builds, so I posted about that to give you some context into why playtime and game credentials are totally irrelevant when you’re comparing two T16 builds.

That is why if you pay attention to my recording all the paragon points are removed at the start.

You still have not answered the most important question; why are you testing the LON build with the wrong rune then posting feedback on it here?

Dust Devils is mandatory for the LON build. And yes obviously I have run Wastes 6 plenty. That’s why I brought up its downsides on T16.

Cool lets focus on that.

Wotw has more natural speed
Wotw has more natural fury regen ( a ton more )
Wotw doesn’t depend upon any pylons at all, only limiting factor is map layout and speed you put on the build

How again is using dust devils on lon going to fix that? The fury situation still sucks. The need to rely on pylons still sucks. Let’s assume that your wotw build has more dmg even. It literally doesn’t matter, as you should know. wotw 6 build is already blowing up the screen already, so the only way lon could be better would be if it had more movement speed on a consistent basis. But it can’t make up for that lost 45% ms, even assuming that you dont worry about fury at all…so best case, if you 100% optimize both builds for speed only at p9305 (or almost p10000 like you are now), would be that lon would be a few seconds slower bc of the missing 45% ms from bk oath set.

Did you actually watch the video I posted?

None of the issues you’re writing about are there.

Watch the video. There’s no “map fishing” or “fishing of pylons” dude. It’s torment 16.

Also, this is a farming build thread, for keys and mats, why are you running GR75s??? The point of a T16 farming build is to farm T16 well.

It’s clear to me you never ran the LON build properly or even bothered to check your math on the MS. :roll_eyes:

You clearly didn’t watch what I posted. Paragon points were removed then added back in after every rift , that was the whole point of showing it at 10k, 20k, and 30k strength.

What about the 10 t16 runs that I did in an avg time of 1:58?

What about them? I haven’t seen any T16 runs from your build at the same strength totals I showed with LON.

They are 10,000, 20,000, and 30,000 strength.

Watch the video carefully. It is not necessarily designed for high paragon at all. … that’s why in the video it starts showing 0 paragon points.

Any Barb you talk to has played Wastes6 man… Wastes6 / CC2 is not a groundbreaking discovery for T16. It is also great for T16.

Just not sure why you half-assed LON then came here to post about how much better Wastes 6 is. :roll_eyes:

But how good of an lon build are you going to have with 9200 str and 1.4m sheet dps? Your clear using 20k str was faster than my avg time, I clocked you at 1:41, but again that’s just one run. Would be interested to see how you do on 10 consecutive runs. DPS is clearly lower but speed is higher than mine, I’ll see what I can tweak. Oh, and somebody with 9200 str isn’t going to have perfect rolls on every piece of gear, or even very many ancients suitable for an lon build. It’s a far better comparison at 20k or 30k str.

fyi: sure wotw is hardly new, but using squirts, ef and wildebeest is certainly a change for it.

I am not sure about the gear but the point of showing it at 9000 str (I guess I didn’t bother putting in that extra 1000 or whatever) is to show how it does at different strength levels.

No one is knocking Wastes6, of course it will also do well since it’s almost identical mechanics wise to LON. But you really can’t drop Dust Devils if you want to play LON.

We can both agree on that at least.

My video is finally up now if you want to check it out. Yes, it’s gr 75, but that’s the exact same setup I used the other day to run the 10 t16.

I think I’m around 23000 str, might give your build a try again after watching entire video. Might be a bit weird on hardcore, though it looks like it should transfer just fine.

Gonna chime in here and say that Ulma (Arch) has been my clanmate for several eras and Seasons, and in that time, he has never botted–not for keys, nor for Paragon. The dude is legit. He’s played a lot of D3, yes, but those are legit hours.

For starters I have to agree with Arch, LOD fire is garbage. If you run this you severly hurt your WW build.

As for comparison for the LOD (with DD) and the Waste6/CC2 I have ran both builds and movement speed is higher with LOD. Damage is higher with Waste6/CC2 (for my build which I posted earlier). Fury management is better with Waste6/CC2.

If you continually farm T16 I think the LOD build gets another advantage with Gloves of worship.

Neither are bad, both are good. I have chosen to run the Waste6/CC2 mainly because it uses the hoarder gem so I don’t have to switch builds and go an run puzzle keys ever. That is a pretty small difference to get to in determining which build to run if you ask me.

1 Like