Max Efficiency T16 Barb LON WW P1000+

You have 3.414k damage. I have 2.585k damage (if don’t count Berserker Rage). I haven’t run GR 75 for a long but now I did it 3 times just for you. The times were 1:36, 1:45, 1:23 (got Speed pylon on the last run). So your 101 sec result doesn’t look great. I wrote a video but to be fair there is no interesting in it so I’m not going to convert and upload it (but can do it if someone ask me to do).

It’s obvious. The first map on the video is the worst possible map for Rifts.

At 2 million + damage LON can do 1 min t16 runs no problem.

If you’re going to compare times between builds you gotta do it with similar damage rates.

And yeah LON has full uptimes to spam everything due to In Geom and Messer in Cube regardless of map quality.

After a certain threshhold of damage, T16 is about speed and navigating layouts, not really how much damage you have.

For farming GR Barb has stronger builds… WW’s damage isn’t very good for playing 95% of GR maps.

Sorry Ulma, it’s easy to assume that people bot these days, but I trust Free’s thoughts here.

2 Likes

I love this build

2 Likes

Keep in mind that resting dps is 25% lower than actual sheet dps is b/c of the pants. ie, 1.5m sheet dps with hexing pants on while sitting in town means that your actual base sheet dps is 2m, going up to 2.5m once you start moving.

Anyway, with 13500 str I barely have more dps than OP did at 9200 str in his first video (I have 2380 paragon in s18 right now). This seems counterintuitive, though I don’t have optimized gear at all. I mean, some stuff is pretty good, and I have 10 ancients out of the 13 pieces of gear, but overall I’d say that this is the kind of gear that someone with 1000-1200 paragon would have instead of 2380 paragon…ie, like a starter set. Compare this with Ulma, who has either perfect primal or nearly perfect ancient in every slot and that explains why my dps is almost the same even with 4500 more str.

On top of this, my gems are of course lower…no 150 taeguk or wildebeest for me, which is also almost certainly the case for someone with very low paragon.

I feel like, instead of Ulma’s assertion that lon ww is better for lower paragon, that instead lon ww gets better with paragon b/c once you get to a certain dmg threshold and you’re melting the screen on t16, move speed overwhelms every other stat. So, maybe the breakeven point is 4m resting dps, or 3m, or 25k str…I dunno, but at some point once I have all the right gear for it I might transition over. More likely I’ll just keep wotw6 and throw on warzechians for speed bounties or nems for t16s though, will depend upon how much paragon I get this season.

One other thing to thing to keep in mind is that this build is super squishy for me as a HC player. I know that hc wasn’t the intent of the OP, but it’s something that some of us most take into account anyway.

Actually that’s incorrect. It’s MOSTLY correct, but not 100%. Even stone gauntlets dont help much in certain situations, I nearly proc’d vs an RG yesterday when the spawn wasn’t in an ideal location and my buffs dropped.

Still, overall I’d say that the build is much better than I expected. As mentioned above, it’s probably better for softcore setups, or for higher paragon at least.

For high Paragon LON build you can drop Molten Wildebeast altogether and wear St Archew’s gloves. Then your gems are Trapped + Taeguk and it gains 60% damage. St Archew’s shield isn’t that great but when you have a lot of paragon Squirts will never drop.

Yeah, I could see that. And it might be that I just start there, that extra dps (might be 55% for me instead of 60% but still a huge boost) would probably make the difference once I have all the other gear for it. I’ll target 3k paragon, should naturally drop everything I need by then or could do some rerolls if not.

I prefer this version. It just plays much smoother with a little less fury management and more damage…