Make "legendaries" "uniques" again

Does that also mean that if someone in the game world finds a unique that item is automatically removed from everyones drops for loot because if a second one drops the item is no longer unique
Or are you more likely to sbream blue murder because someone else found the unique and to keep it unique noone else can get it from a drop

no
it simply always rolls the same stats and has no randomizers
it has a unique setup of stats and affixes
theres only 1 unique version of this item
i personally dont like uniques in borderlands, that you get as quest reward, because you cant refarm them later xD
makes more sence lorewise, sucks for the gear optimizing part xD

And that is the whole point of uniques

i think, its a question of interpretation
in D2 its the fact that they cant roll with other stats
the item as it works, is unique

man if a “rare item with a legendary power” is super hard to craft (because the consumable is super rare), then legendaries would remain unique, wouldn’t they?

I mean, not taking the consumable into account, the “skill altering affix” is what makes legendaries unique. And to be fair not all legendary powers in D3 where skill altering ones, there were also those who looked exactly like what you are describing (like “Walk through enemies”).

Well in the end, when you put the rare with power and the legendary, next to each other and you cant see which is which, the gamedesign failed^^

Thats why legendaries should go back to uniques to stay remarkable without this power

+1 Make legendaries unique again with some of the stats on the unique static, so you can only see those affixes on that specific item.

Whether you call them unique or legendary it doesn’t matter. It is a word and cannot be trademarked to a game. Also fixed stats are not necessarily needed if they get it done right. That is because now fixed stats and no legendary powers that can change how skills function will mean that some of the customization that they want to give just won’t be there.

Their consumables will make magic and rares useful at endgame.

The cons of fixed stats on uniques is that you might not have a unique that would actually help your build at all. Sure you would have a few with a few affixes that would help but the rest of the fixed stats are not doing anything at all for your build. This is what can happen with uniques.

Also there is another danger with fixed stats. If items have plus to all skills on them. Then players will just use those uniques only. Only chasing after them instead of using other uniques.

I say no to immunities because they are a cheesy mechanic. They don’t really add any challenge at all. Now you will have to have at least two or more damage types for your character. Not a good idea in my book.

Theres no problem with not being able to use every single item for your build o.o
Thats the reason, there are so many items in such games xD

Oh so it is okay for the devs to make hundreds of uniques knowing that players will only chase after a few. Where the rest will be junk because they don’t have the +to skills affix or whatever other affixes are seen is important.

Not every item works for every build
But since alot of players are no meta slaves who build their characters with guides from the internet, many items have the possibility to get used
Ur always like “u can play just how you imagine sky is the limit” but then you will always just use the same legendaries xD
Pathetic

Yo just sharing this post as an example what “uniques” were in D2:

It is stating a simple fact if the best choice is clearly to choose uniques that only have certain affixes on them like + to all skills then what good are the other uniques.

Look I ought to know that is how things will happen. It even happens with the most casual of players. I have seen in games where players make the same obvious choices even though the game didn’t force them to go that way. They made those choices because it was just to good to not to use it.

Take City of Heroes pre-enhancement diversification (ED). Before ED you got the full benefit from enhancements. Meaning that you could socket all enhancement slots with one type. Take a power from the speed power pool Hasten. With six socketed reduced recharge made that power perma. With perma hasten you had a permanent 70% cooldown reduction on all of your powers. The equivalent of adding about 2 single origin enhancements of the same type to every power. Stamina fully slotted to improve endurance recovery was like adding two single origin reduced endurance cost enhancements in all of your powers.

The only heroes that didn’t have both powers were the ones that had a special theme, which were very rare to find. Much like trying to find a decently rolled primal.

Also in that game you didn’t need the holy trinity in order to clear content. But that didn’t stop some on the teams that I was on from saying we must have a healer or we cannot do missions. I told them a good dark defender can be just as good. A good dark defender could reduce the enemies chance to hit to 5%. Not getting hit means you don’t need healing. But they didn’t see it that way.

This is saying that even if it isn’t needed it still will go that way if it is the best choice then players will do it and complain about it.

…to not refer to D2, as the good version of Diablo.

Plz consider Noxious Feedback from his video

its a question of balancing
they are not supposed to copy uniques from D2
just the concept

i prefer mr. llamas videos :stuck_out_tongue:
but this guy is good too :smiley:

1 Like

Altough i might not 100% agree with everything he said (probably regarding the “class” of power stats, but i DO AGREE that you should have a attribute system and you should have distributable points per level up for character build customization).

This guy pretty much nails it, and i agree with about 90-95% of what he says.
Watch the 1 hour video, it will open your eyes regarding D2,D3 and PoE itemization.
Its totally worth it and i hope that at least that suggestion about legendaries/uniques is implemented…
And ofc work on for Magic items so they dont become obsolete as well.

Fixed stats on uniques has the problem where you could get some uniques that are really good but will be rarely used because they just don’t have the right stats. I would really like to use shoulders x because it has some good stats. But since it doesn’t have +skills it is garbage. This is what I am talking about. Unless they can balance the strength of each stat you will have this problem with fixed stats.

Why else did the players in D3 vanilla chase after the following

• Mempo of Twilight
  • Lacuni Prowlers
  • Tal Rasha’s Chest
  • Inna’s Pants
  • The Witching Hour
  • IIRC Nats ring might of had attack speed on it.
  • Vile Ward

Why did everyone want those items for all of their characters regardless of the build and the class.

This is what I know will be a con of having fixed stats.

I think it depends on the players
I would sacrifice some +skill x for a really unique stat gear, that changes my character in a fundamental way

1 Like

very true, its not the good version, its the best version :stuck_out_tongue: