[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds

Of course Blizzard should have fixed it by now but as this issue is fast approaching being a year old, players have choices of either using the work-around, putting up with the freezes or not playing until Blizzard actually fix it.

3 Likes

Bumping it up.

Anyone from Blizz Customer Support going to show up here or not, I wonder?

I play on SC, but kinda tired of losing possibilities for faster gems update with No Death bonuses.

Sooo?

May be time for a class action lawsuit, if that is even possible.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure at this time that Blizzard knows how to fix this problem since it started almost a year ago. I am using the work-around but not being able to hear gobs or anything else kind of sucks.

But the idea of not playing until Blizzard fixes it how are we going to know if they have fixed it if weā€™re not playing. If we wait for Microsoft to fix it thereā€™s a better chance of hell freezing over first!

1 Like

February 24, 2021ā€”KB4601382 (OS Builds 19041.844 and 19042.844) Preview

In notes it states - Updates an issue with screen rendering after opening games with certain hardware configurations. (Is this the issue we are having, vague info)

I have just installed and will test today for 3 hours and no freezes since, I normally get them every other GR, so hopefully this might solve it. Will be sure after a few more hours of solid grā€™s

The same way youā€™re reading this nowā€¦

Iā€™d rather play than not!

Bumping it up until some from Blizz will come and explain what the hell theyā€™re going to do.

1 Like

So? Any luck with the update mate?

this is getting stupid. I just froze 5 times in the same rift in just over 3 minutes. blizzard will you please fix this or is this what we have to look forward to in D2 resurrected and D4?

3 Likes

Sorry I updated wrong thread, issue still there, ABOUT time Blizzard Responded to this thread with regular updates.

Bumping it again.
Will something happen with it?

its amazing a post with so much attention can be ignored by blue and Blizzard since July :open_mouth:

This will put me of buying d2 and d4, customer service does no longer exist at Blizzard

8 Likes

They actually responded in August and September but those posts arenā€™t referenced by the little blue Blizz buttons at the side of the scroll-bar. I can only presume the blue posters that made the comments hadnā€™t been put into the right forum groups to count as Blizz posters (some blue posts donā€™t show up in the Blizz Tracker for the same reason). However, that still means itā€™s been six months since Blizzard updated us on this, and nine months since the fault was initially reported.

1 Like

I too am having this problem. It happens when Iā€™m fighting a large group of mobs, which makes me afraid of playing my HC character. So far I havenā€™t died because of the freeze. Yet.

Is there an update? The next season is coming soon and Iā€™d like to play HC without fear of a system glitch killing me.

I have the same problem with a similar build and setup of a brand new powerful gaming pc and discovered a few solutions which help (not eliminate ) the problem. First, on the options page I have turned down all of visual options to their minimum values, I also turned down the size of the screen view to its smallest possible size. Second, I have the audio turned off. Third, I have no other programs running at the same time (no spotify or other audio programs). With this setup, i still have one or two instances of freezing per GR, but itā€™s less common than what I had before. When playing solo, doing bounties, or doing regular rifts it almost never freezes.

Howdy guys,

after being spared from this pesky freezing bug 'til last week, I noticed a post during my research i wanna share with you:

Funny thing is, I just play season on and off, never above 1k paragon and this issue never occured to me. But this season the necromancer is so powerful I gained more levels than usual. Got to 1200 paragon and guess what - had three freezes withinā€™ an hour. I stopped playinā€™ my HC hero because of it.

Has anyone else recognized a connection to paragonā€¦?

I am paragon 1015ā€¦ and Iā€™ve had this issue since I was in the 800ā€™sā€¦

Paragon 1800+ , Win10 v.1909 , nVidia drivers 461.09 (2080Ti) <= All that has nothing to do with that audio.dll that has problem with everything.

Well I guess all we can do is keep this thread up the top and HOPE a blue will respond. I have no confidence we will get a reply as the PTR 2.7 still has this bug, fmodex64.dll is still the same old version, and im sure without updating the libary for fmodex they wont be able to fix it.

Surely they can easily update fmod to latest version and recompile after any code changes to reflect version update. Blizzard must have the resources to have fixed this months ago