[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds

So? Any luck with the update mate?

this is getting stupid. I just froze 5 times in the same rift in just over 3 minutes. blizzard will you please fix this or is this what we have to look forward to in D2 resurrected and D4?

3 Likes

Sorry I updated wrong thread, issue still there, ABOUT time Blizzard Responded to this thread with regular updates.

Bumping it again.
Will something happen with it?

its amazing a post with so much attention can be ignored by blue and Blizzard since July :open_mouth:

This will put me of buying d2 and d4, customer service does no longer exist at Blizzard

8 Likes

They actually responded in August and September but those posts aren’t referenced by the little blue Blizz buttons at the side of the scroll-bar. I can only presume the blue posters that made the comments hadn’t been put into the right forum groups to count as Blizz posters (some blue posts don’t show up in the Blizz Tracker for the same reason). However, that still means it’s been six months since Blizzard updated us on this, and nine months since the fault was initially reported.

1 Like

I too am having this problem. It happens when I’m fighting a large group of mobs, which makes me afraid of playing my HC character. So far I haven’t died because of the freeze. Yet.

Is there an update? The next season is coming soon and I’d like to play HC without fear of a system glitch killing me.

I have the same problem with a similar build and setup of a brand new powerful gaming pc and discovered a few solutions which help (not eliminate ) the problem. First, on the options page I have turned down all of visual options to their minimum values, I also turned down the size of the screen view to its smallest possible size. Second, I have the audio turned off. Third, I have no other programs running at the same time (no spotify or other audio programs). With this setup, i still have one or two instances of freezing per GR, but it’s less common than what I had before. When playing solo, doing bounties, or doing regular rifts it almost never freezes.

Howdy guys,

after being spared from this pesky freezing bug 'til last week, I noticed a post during my research i wanna share with you:

Funny thing is, I just play season on and off, never above 1k paragon and this issue never occured to me. But this season the necromancer is so powerful I gained more levels than usual. Got to 1200 paragon and guess what - had three freezes within’ an hour. I stopped playin’ my HC hero because of it.

Has anyone else recognized a connection to paragon…?

I am paragon 1015… and I’ve had this issue since I was in the 800’s…

Paragon 1800+ , Win10 v.1909 , nVidia drivers 461.09 (2080Ti) <= All that has nothing to do with that audio.dll that has problem with everything.

Well I guess all we can do is keep this thread up the top and HOPE a blue will respond. I have no confidence we will get a reply as the PTR 2.7 still has this bug, fmodex64.dll is still the same old version, and im sure without updating the libary for fmodex they wont be able to fix it.

Surely they can easily update fmod to latest version and recompile after any code changes to reflect version update. Blizzard must have the resources to have fixed this months ago

same here … on a fresh installed windows system I experience these 5 second freezes and die in them a lot.
… cant believe this is a 9 month old issue and there is no update from blizzard for such a long time now.

Why is this issue not included in the Sticky at top " Known Technical Support Issues - [Updated June 21, 2020!]"

2 Likes

Guys, cmon.

There’s absolutely no excuse for this to be happening almost a YEAR later.

You guys are going to drop a season that people ready for D2 Remastered and D4 are going to play, they’re going to get 10-15 second freezes on supercomputers, and aren’t going to trust you guys to deliver a stable product. You GOTTA fix this.

Bumping it up again, Blizzard CS currently being highly unprofessional.

3 Likes

Changed my platform (cpu 10th gen+motherboard+ram) not so long ago and the freezes got longer, sometimes 10 sec, on my older build i got them like for 2-3 sec. More powerful PC and freezes got worse WTF ?! Blizzard i want to play this game. PLEASE fix this issue.

Any definitive solution? My game is freezing too… very boring…

Soon we will have a cake for this problem… almost 1 year… what a shame

4 Likes

I’m just preaching to the choir here since no one from Blizzard can be bothered to address this problem, but this is pathetic. Six months since the last blue post. This problem still exists in PTR 2.7. Windows 10 1909, the last version most people don’t seem to have this issue with, is end of support in May. The only reason my wife and I can still play this game is not thanks to anyone at Blizzard, but because of that wonderful person who posted the fmod workaround with the .bat file some time ago. The community figured out the issue, while the game’s creators seemingly ignore it.

Again, pathetic. I just had to vent.

6 Likes

New update out for 20h2 this morning, again game still freezes, a bit like the feedback on this post.