[Main Thread] - Error 24004 connecting to public server

Still not resolved for me.

• What region?
    North America Server. I live in Canada
  • Does this happen on a different character?
    Happens on all my non-seasonal characters (I don’t play seasonal)
  • Does this happen on an alternative connection or VPN?
    On Mobile Tethered I still get this problem. My ISP is TELUS. I am from Canada.
  • Gather a WinMTR file until the problem occurs for 10 to 15 minutes. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:
~~~
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                           192.168.1.254 -    0 |  601 |  601 |    0 |    0 |   12 |    1 |
|                             10.29.202.1 -    0 |  601 |  601 |    9 |   13 |  105 |   14 |
|               STTLWAWBCI01.bb.telus.com -    0 |  601 |  601 |   39 |   40 |   93 |   40 |
|                            154.11.2.145 -    0 |  601 |  601 |   42 |   47 |  121 |   63 |
|              ae1-br01-eqse2.as57976.net -    0 |  601 |  601 |   64 |   67 |  126 |   95 |
2 Likes

Could you do the same thing for the half dozen threads on this subject in the Bug Report forum too, please?

This issue may be “resolved” to your satisfaction.
But it still does not work.

3 Likes

Just as a quick update I realize the blue posts indicate “the original problem has been resolved” I’m not entirely sure what they mean by this but I can confirm that unless I retain the additional command line parameters it does not work yet.

2 Likes

I cannot access public games with any hero. An information screen appears saying: An error occurred while trying to join the game. the error code is 24004. I am in Mexico

2 Likes

This is not a bug, it’s a Technical Support issue.
Please visit the linked thread, and provide the information requested to it…

1 Like

Im getting the same issue, I was playing fine on t16 public GR then when I switched to a different toon, iI got this error message and now I cant play any of my toons on t16 GRs. It sucks too because it isn’t a common bug, its been going on since last year, and I am yet see an actual solution then logging back in or blaming it on some underwater cable. I think I’m just going to accept the fact that my account isn’t going to get fixed anytime soon.

1 Like

I am having the same problem. This only happens on T16 GR. Please fix this ASAP. This is a larger bug than you think.

I’m also experiencing the same error. Logging out and back in doesn’t resolve the issue. Any thoughts?

There a popup Error twice 1.There a problem searching for a public game . (Code 24004). 2. There was a problem joining the game.(Code 24004) . I already scan and repair but still same. But not happened in seasonal hero.

Même problème, depuis 2 jours, je ne peux plus rejoindre de parties publiques (failles supérieures). Je ne peux rejoindre que les failles de Néphalem. Le code d’erreur est 24004 et je ne réussi pas à rejoindre une soutien technique.

Bonjour Michel,

Que veux-tu dire exactement ? As-tu fourni toute l’information demandée ? Le bouton Soumettre s’est-il activé ?

Cannot join GR. Error 2404. last 3 days.

1 Like

I cannot enter into public GR. It’s been 5 days. Tech support reading this?

1 Like

No, they are not. Blizzard’s QA Team reads the threads in this Bug Report Forum. If they can confirm a game bug that exists on a PC on the Live server, they pass that information on to the developers.

How to Write a Good Bug Report

the game gives me error code 24004

I still have the error code 24004

same error code 24004

Hello, I am still having same error. It only occurs when I join public GR games.

From America, New Jersey.
Can not enter public greater rifts at Torment XVI (T16) for the past 4 days.
“There was a problem searching for a public server (code 24004)”
Then it says,
“There was a problem joining the game. (code 24004)”

FYI, I can access to all other torments (rifts, GRs, and bounty)

2 Likes