Love love love the P800 cap

I think most of these changes are to streamline the power curve though.

We can get easy access to gems, gold etc through the Vault.
Easy deaths breath through sages (or cains? one of those)
Easy access to augmentation gems through Echoing nightmare
Easy access to a “perfect” weapon through the limited Primal recipe
Easy access to gear through Kadala, Upgrade of rares

New in S29:
Easy access to bounty mats for Rerolls of our gear.

All of the mentioned things are good things imo. They really streamline the process and keep it fun even 29 seasons in.

The paragon cap however limits the fun for me personally.
As you said, I also like to play a different class, gear them and push and then return to my main build and see it even stronger with the additional paragon I gained from the other class. That’s fun!

However I also see the point of those wanting a more even playing field, I just don’t think that the level should be as low as 800.

1 Like

Sure, and I never did. This is why I’ve quit most seasons right after completing the journey, now you guys know how it’s like.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter. There isn’t such thing as “reasonable” cap. I made to p4700 this season. I usually get to p3000-3500 before I quit. My group of friends will not care if the cap is 800, 1000, 1500 or 2000. It doesn’t matter as we all consider that “low” and going to hit that in 2 weeks.

People that hate the idea of “cap” won’t come back if it’s raised to 1600. People that love the idea won’t leave if it stays at 800. So, just leave it alone.

1 Like

I find the cap in itself idiotic. It won’t solve any issues, but a higher one at least gives me something to do for a while longer.

2 Likes

Or they could have gone in a much more focused direction.

1. Cap at 800
  2. Significantly increase xp needed per paragon level.
  3. Significantly increase the reward for each paragon spent.

They sort of did (3) by opening up the slots (let’s ignore the dumb change to movement speed) because most builds will benefit quite a lot from a massive boost in a single bonus over a split of weak boosts across multiple bonuses. But still, it’s not the cap that’s the problem, it’s the ease of getting to the cap.

That’s the truth. There is no cap that will satisfy those who like to farm paragon levels and that’s why it needs to be an option.

1 Like

I’ve been testing the Mundu WD since it’s one of the builds that I play the best. I wanted to know how much difference the paragon distribution would make.

In PTR, P800 - GR124.
In Non-Season P5100 - GR135.

I’m genuinely surprised that 4300 more paragon, level 150 gems and 130+ augments only gives me +11 GRs.

1 Like

Well 11 GRs means that you deal 5x as much damage.

Thats a boost of 400%.

Puts into perspective how much stronger some builds are compared to others

I’m testing the same Mundu build in PTR vs non-season.

It’s an 11 GR difference from gems, augments and paragon.

Update: Currently clear is 126 - so a 9GR difference from my Mundu clear in non-season.

I hope they’re both very happy.
I hope they don’t ask where everyone else is after a week though.

2 Likes

Guaranteed if you keep that cap and the move speed the same you will be asking those questions. Did no one learn anything with D4? Purposely hindering the game to slow it down to make it last longer does nothing but piss player’s off.

I would think that these results are not set in stone. If you can do two higher in one test mode isn’t there a chance that you could also go two higher in the other mode, so that there would still be an 11 GR difference?

Pretty sure they won’t. SSF does not allow grouping.

Paragon 800 makes sense because that is the level that every category is maxed out.

1 Like

But it’s not with the seasonal changes to the paragon board, 800 in each category would be maxed out.

1 Like

Not the first category though…:slight_smile:

The paragon 800 cap applies to SSF (can’t group) and non-SSF (can group) seasonal heroes.

Alright I’ll chime in for two cents. I don’t mind the level cap at all. Especially since I can put 200 points into one thing. I just finished running GR 104 solo HC Seasonal on the test server with 631 paragon levels. During a normal season I would grind out 1200 to 1400 paragon playing solo. The cap doesn’t matter much to me really. With the introduction of Echoing Nightmares, it super easy to augment your items. Augmentation is why I got 1200 to 1400 paragon levels a season before the Nightmares. All that grinding to level the gems for augmentation. The game just keeps getting easier that’s all.

800 Paragons is done extremely quickly. Easily doable within hours of hitting 70 if you get a bit lucky with drops. You think it takes a week? People reaching the peak of end game progression the first day or two of release.

Let’s do this in hours so it’s easier to understand.

It usually takes me 14-16 hours to finish the season journey. That’s around my average across the last 10 seasons. I’m roughly P600 by the time that’s done.

2 hours a day for 16 hours is 8 days.

4 Likes