Look What You've Done šŸ˜ 

Exactly. Just found the Windforce actually! Never found a Zod though :frowning: haha. For loot hunters, it is fun to have this hunt. For everyone else just having a fun play through, it is kind of nice to get only a handful of the uniques/sets/top tier rares and find different ones on a different play through, as this makes replays more interesting.

4 Likes

loved this threadā€¦ gonna eat some popcorn :partying_face:

2 Likes

Ermm, just a simple suggestion

If/when something big happens, pls include a link in the @OP post of a topic causeā€¦ Sometimes people live under ar rockā€¦ :P, well, not literally but for about a period of couple-of/few days it is possible. From what could witnessed here I guess that thereā€™s a new Quarterly Update that just came out ?

EDIT: Just checked the news section and nothing thereā€¦ :man_shrugging:?

Looking items up at third party sites in PoE is pretty much just as easy as using an in-game AH.

Weā€™ve only had one quarterly update, which was back in late February. Our next quarterly update will be at the end of this month; if weā€™re to go by Blizzardā€™s statement that is.

So in short: No, you didnā€™t miss any new update regarding Diablo 4.

1 Like

On my server that same $0.95 enigma goes for $60 right now. If we could keep bots out of Diablo games the rarity of these items would ensure that the price is less elastic.

Ya, I can find gear myself. I donā€™t get an enjoyment from buying gear but different people have different desires and situations than me.

More choices are always better than fewer.

Actually not always, only up to a certain point. Thereā€™s an interesting TED talk on the subject by Barry Schwartz called ā€œThe Paradox of Choiceā€.

3 Likes

While pretty interesting indeed, choices in games are not exactly the same as ā€œrealā€ choices. You can always, relatively easily, change your choices in games (even if it might require paying for a respec, rerolling or whatever). The cost/risk of choosing is not that significant in a game, and the anxiety of making a choice should be less severe.
So Iā€™d say more choices generally are better in games.

But choices need to be meaningful and balanced to matter. Trading is not a meaningful choice. Trading always wins if it exists.

Further, since we are talking game design, you always have to ask yourself, is this choice fun? Does it add to the game or subtract from it? Trading subtracts from the game tbh. You get the ability to trade, but you lose a lot of the item hunting.

To remove bots. And zodlike - just for hunt.

Yes. If thereā€™s no (or limited trade) youā€™ll have to get items by playing the game. Therefore it will have to be possible to get items by playing the game.

If they make trade a ā€œfeatureā€ the worry is they will try to make people use it by making drops rarer than they ought to be, and we will have to engage in a tedious and unfun trading mini-game to get to the exploring places and killing demons parts.

1 Like

This is exactly part of the reason why we should not have trading.

1 Like

His comment mad me think of that talk.

And while there isnā€™t much in the way or character building because you canā€™t set your stats
if there is no tactical play in D3 whatā€™s the point of META everyone in the META has a specific task in the make up and each is reliant on the other, if there is no tactics why meta, why not just all dps and go in
And I see a lot of loot drop in the game and finding cool items stop once you found them all.
Itā€™s not like D2 has cool items and thatā€™s held up as what a rpg should be

And in Diablo thatā€™s called leeching

Are you capable of telling the truth? The only people that know how many people play Diablo 3 is Blizzard and they donā€™t give out that information, so you are just saying D2 has more players than D3 to make yourself feel better

Now if only it wasnā€™t crap
Both of you are correct
both games are infected with bots but D2 players turn a blind eye to it and pretend it doesnā€™t exist

Exact same thing can be said about D2
Does that mean that if I was to break the rules of Diablo and get my buddy to play the game on my computer while Iā€™m at work nothing counts because I wasnā€™t the one playing the character

And that solution is?
The whole reason cheats are in all games is because people are lazy and if there is a way to shortcut the game play they will
Thatā€™s how the bots and cheats start in the first place, human nature

If thatā€™s true why is there such an uproar over people wanting harder base difficulties in game than be stuck at a low T16 when compared to a GR 150

Which you canā€™t do. So the discussion ends here.
Even kernel-level anticheats canā€™t prevent 3rd party algorithms from running. Look at Valorant - and this is not done by an inexperienced company.

I donā€™t know if you know, but creating cheats for new games is a multi-million dollar industry. Professional hackers work on it full-time and drive in Lamborghini for it. Itā€™s much safer than hacking a bank.
And these people will break literally any defense. There really is NO WAY to prevent cheats and bots.

TLDR: you canā€™t prevent bots, so discussing any scenarios contingent on that is pointless.

Not really. Sometimes more choices means that people donā€™t go for the most interesting one gameplay-wise.

In games, more choices is not a dogma.

Afaik he is convinced that some 3rd party site keeps perfect track of that by hacking into Blizzardā€™s data center traffic to their login servers. Even though they disclaim that very thing themselves and basically say theyā€™re not professionals and their data is crap.

But some people, when they want to believe a thing, will ignore all negative evidence.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s laughable considering that in another thread you stated

Tactical play isnā€™t about not having a meta. Anything governed by numbers will have a meta once we figure out what the most efficient numbers are.

Tactical play is about needing a more strategic approach and not just nuking everything down(which yes I know even Diablo 2 isnā€™t amazing for this).

No itā€™s not.

Leeching is specifically taking XP from other players while they do all the work and you stand around contributing nothing. Pacifist runs on WoW donā€™t group up with other players to hit max level.

They use the fact that mining ore or picking herbs offers a small amount of XP.

Iā€™m a D2 player and I donā€™t pretend it doesnā€™t exist. I regularly say that Blizzard is downright terrible at dealing with bots in both Diablo 2 and 3.

If you want to talk about honesty, it would help if you donā€™t make broad generalizations about entire playerbases.

There isnā€™t a solution, and I was being sarcastic to poke fun at the logic of ā€œI wont entertain any solution that doesnā€™t 100% remove all third party tradingā€ that somebody used.

My point is that we shouldnā€™t design games around cheaters being some big bad bogeyman thatā€™s going to ruin everything.

You sure?

I just viewed the Seasonal Leaderboard No.1 Necro solo that has 6k paragon, and he only has 6 Primals over 13 slots, and the No.2 Necro with 5k paragon has 4 Primals over 13 slots.

In fact, the No.1 WD in non-seasonal that has 11k paragon only have 6 Primals as well.

If you donā€™t believe my words, you can check the leaderboard and see with your own eyes.

2 Likes

lol upset me? Why? The current iteration of the Diablo series is great! Itā€™s got its problems, but overall I love it, I play every night and luckily there are enough people playing it to keep everyone interested.

From the looks of it, someone else seems to be upset. Someone else seems to be spending hours writing walls of text, multiquoting different people and finding it difficult to accept reality, for a game that is (quote) ā€œhopeless, a lost causeā€.

On topic, I am glad the cancer that is ā€œopen tradingā€ ( ā†’ buying your way to leaderboards through Ebay) is long gone and I couldnā€™t care less about PvP. D4 seems to be on the right track and I canā€™t wait to get a piece of the action!

5 Likes

Its hard to say if the removal of trading was a negative or a positive.
I certainly miss trading.
I dont miss all that incentive to hack, and the 9million bots though.

Tough choice.(No sarcasm)

Last time you check into non official, non verifiable information. Translation: you feel D2 has more players because of your bias for the game. You have no information because Blizzard has never released that information.

2 Likes