Look What You've Done šŸ˜ 

Thereā€™s no point man Strolln has proven time and time again heā€™s a massive fanboy of D2. Hopefully when D4 comes out he will stop the crying. Until then long live D3

2 Likes

If his comments about D4 are a thing to go off of, no. He will be on the D4 forums complaining about it.

2 Likes

That assuming that D4 is D2 HDā€¦if not, he will keep complaining at the D4 forum.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty much a given. Gripers gotta gripe.

2 Likes

Play PoE instead? D3 is fine without trading. Donā€™t be lazy. Farm your items. Stop wasting time to trade orbs like PoE just to get the items you want. Farm for them. aRPG is all about loots. How lazy you want to be?

Pretty, apparently. I get getting items you donā€™t want or canā€™t use. But thatā€™s where salvaging was a blessing. Iā€™d rather salvage or vendor an item than try to find someone to trade or sell to. Even if there was an AH interface. But thatā€™s me.

Lol, right dude. Just go to the D2 forum, half the threads are complaints about bots. The only people that like bots are botters.

Oh ya? You know this because you played Diablo 3 huh?

Thatā€™s the whole point. We need trading so we can have rare items that are tough to farm. Sorry, I donā€™t want everything given to me. I donā€™t want easy mode, boring items like in D3, I want exciting items like D2.

So many anti-traders here, incredible so many people are struggling with this concept. So back to the original thought and title of this thread. What have you done, incredible. From Diablo 2 to making an army of this in your forum?

The other thread talked about controller use on the PC and my comment was about disability accessibility options. More physical accessibility options for players is good.

I do NOT support 100% open trade for many reasons, which I have already gone into. Choices that have a negative impact on the game, are not good choices.

This topic has been beaten into the ground already and Blizzard has already said they prefer the limited trade model. We WILL have some, but playing the game is the primary way to get gear/items. They really donā€™t want third party sites using the game like D2.

3 Likes

I just got my whole daily dose of iron(y) right here.

12 Likes

I know this because Iā€™m a software engineer and I perfectly understand what you can and canā€™t do with a PC non-OS client software.

And preventing another program from messing with it and tricking all of your precautions - is NOT a thing, given enough desire.

Just put a captcha on it occasionally. Iā€™m a genius, wow.

I think the entire internet got itā€™s daily dose.

4 Likes

Pretty easy to not go buy items. Letā€™s see you find all the items you want in Diablo 2 while only trading for essentials (or electively not trading is great as well). You can spend years doing it whereas D3 not so much. Just go paragon farm.

Sure a person can trade but it doesnā€™t mean they are or that hey have to. They also donā€™t have to buy gear. Crazy, I know.

Easy drops is crap. I donā€™t want everything given to me again. Diablo 3 does that PLENTY already.

Have D2 droprates without trading. Then we can have rare to find items for everyone. And not only those who choose not to abuse trading.
Which is better.
(imo droprates should be a bit higher than in D2. And a fair bit higher for anything resembling high-runes. But far far away from D3 droprates)

Yes. Completely agreed. But that has nothing to do with trading.
Quite the contrary. Trading leads exactly to stuff being given to you.

You donā€™t want everything given to you, but you want trading so stuff can be given to you. Gotchaā€¦

7 Likes

Oh, people are going to give me things for free? Great!

Also, I do want to give items to friends sometimes. I want to just throw them on the ground and then players can see it.

Hold up. You want open trading, because you donā€™t want everything given to you?
You mean, you donā€™t want rare stuff to be given to you by the game, when you kill Adria and Diablo, you just want it given to you by your buddy/a seller?
Are you ok, mate?

This reminds me of an old joke. A woman is listening to the news on the radio at home and they said that there was a car driving on the opposite direction on the I-90. She realized that her husband, Larry, was on a trip where he meant to use that interstate, so she called himā€¦
Wife: ā€œLarry, itā€™s me, I just heard on the news that thereā€™s one crazy guy driving on the opposite direction on the I-90, please be careful, honey!ā€
Larry: ā€œOne?! There are HUNDREDS of them!ā€

So, excuse all the anti-traders plus the producers of this game for not understanding the difficult concept of allowing in-game goods to be purchased with $$$. It must be really lonely there at the top, right?

6 Likes

Exactly. I donā€™t want solo drop rates. I want some adrenaline and drugs (ok, Iā€™ll settle for dopamine high) going right to my brain when I find that exciting piece of loot.

That was hilarious, amigo :rofl:

Too many items that are too rare. If thereā€™s one in particular that you want to put on your merc or for one of your characters you may never find it. Also, again, you sure bet I want the option to drop items on the ground for a friend.

For example, what if I really want a 3os Tomb Reaver, am I supposed to never hav it if Iā€™m not lucky enough to have one drop? I think that the final boss can drop it about 1:60k (donā€™t have my drop calc here but imagine an item like this as they exist in D2). 60k*10 minutes = 600k minutes = 10k hours = 416 days. And thatā€™s if I dont get unlucky with rng and if my Tomb Reaver gets 3os instead of 2os. Even if you say champions and uniques can drop it on the way to Baal you can roughly double the odds which is still 200 days of straight playing. If you consider a 50% chance of 2os then it becomes 300 days. By this time you should have found one, but if you didnā€™t guess what your odds are of finding it next time. So to be blunt, you could play for 4-5 years and never see this drop (since you wonā€™t be playing 24/7 or farming high level areas exclusively when you play).

That is part of why trading is important. Just put a captcha integrated into the game somewhere.

A results-oriented approach to games not unlike a business? Like any business, Diablo calls for research, and you identify the biggest most unanimous success-metric and pursue it over whatever personal preference?

More research is needed.

Had tons of success in all Diablo games without any sort of research. I just play and choose what I like and see how things work together and find appropriate gear. Never bothered to do any research yet have tons if fun playing. The moment a game requires me to do homework Iā€™m done.

5 Likes