Look What You've Done šŸ˜ 

They did good on that part. Imagine being forced to buy Yangā€™s Recurve on ebay before getting to try an UE6 build. I would, by principle never have seen that build if that was the case, which would be a shame.

4 Likes

Pacifist runs are actually a thing on WoW. Thereā€™s even a guy who not only levels without fighting, but heā€™s neutral between the gameā€™s two factions.

Though Iā€™m pretty sure Strollnā€™s point isnā€™t that Diablo should not involve a hero that fights, but rather that the gameā€™s focus should be on RPG elements like character building with depth, tactical play in combat, and finding cool items over arcade brawling combat where every character feels the same.

1 Like

Removing open Trade is a great idea. To. I donā€™t want players having the ability to say oh I havenā€™t play for 6 months I duno www.buyd4gear .com. ā€¦ boom 200 later and there back to GG gear. No thank you. Open Trade means 3rd party sellers and Iā€™m more then happy with the current trade plan of D4. Plus if you want gear. Well Earn it , play the game . grind . itā€™s a loot hunting gamem. so what if U feel an item isnā€™t dropping . U farm for it. Trading it will just devalue the feeling U get when U finally get it
Itā€™s clear from OPs post he still lives in the D2 era which will the D3 players donā€™t want. Donā€™t like it move on to a different franchise.

3 Likes

Whose era is it now? Last I checked D2 had more pc players than D3.

I will move on if I donā€™t like it. As Iā€™ve been saying and lobbying against, Iā€™m not hanging out for D3 2.0.

Blizzard was also obviously trying bring back the Diablo 2 players with their Diablo 4 reveal.

A lot of people will move on if Diablo 4 is a rehash of Diablo 3 but until then, weā€™re gonna advocate that Diablo 4 be a game we think is actually a great game.

If you donā€™t like seeing the posts, tell Blizzard to open up a dedicated Diablo 4 forum. Most of us are only here to talk about Diablo 4.

1 Like

Thats great you Wana chat about D4 but donā€™t going ruining it with your crappy open Trade 3rd Party BS and by more players do you mean more bots cause then your correct. D2 has been plagued with those longer then D3 has.
When you come up with a solution to 3rd party websites maybe them I might consider the open Trade idea but atm there isnā€™t one. The current D4 trade scheme is a good idea.

1 Like

Yeah cause third party sites selling stuff doesnā€™t exist in Diablo 3.

I certainly canā€™t find sites selling things like boosts with about 30 seconds on Google.

Risking your account and getting a level boost is far different then buying the best gear in the game. Stop trying to justify open Trade when all it does is make it look like your unhappy you canā€™t run your bot and sell things for real money or donā€™t even want to play the game and just want to buy your way to the top.
Tell me how you can have open Trade without 3rd party item sites. Then Iā€™ll entertain this ridiculous idea

1 Like

I am a long time player of Diablo, since the first one came out actually, and I guess I should mention that my favourite is D2.

I really hope they put trade into D4, as it increases the longevity of each season. If trade is implemented into the game they can make good drops rare, and the truly great drops really rare, as you can farm whatever currency is in use to get your top items with a bit of work.

If they do not implement trade, you will have to find all your great items yourself. And as weā€™ve seen in D3 most people donā€™t have the patience to keep farming for the needed items for days/weeks with little; to no result. Which in turn forces Blizzard (activision now sadly,) to make the drop rate of high quality legendaries - or rare items too, if what theyā€™ve told us about D4 so far is right - too high.

Which leads to people playing maybe a week or two each season before theyā€™re bored, as they will have gotten most of the needed items for that season to do all the end-game content, and see no reason to push for whatever our new leaderboard in D4 will be.

Iā€™ve recently started playing PoE, and some people use the argument that the trade aspect increases player interaction, which it does, just to a really low degree, at least for PoE. Most of the time I just copy the item from one of the sites, get the item and maybe write a ā€œthank youā€ for the trade, which most doesnā€™t respond to. So itā€™s a slim argument. BUT there have been times where Iā€™ve actually gotten into discussion with the people Iā€™ve traded with, about how Iā€™ll use the item, if Iā€™ll try to craft something different with it, or if they priced it too low as they struggled to see the value themselves.

Anyhow without trade, I truly believe that Diablo 4 will be a shallower game than with. They can make their own site where you trade for items, to make it as streamlined as possible, but hopefully not another AH, as it eliminates all interaction, whatever slim chance there is for it.

Blizzard used to ban people for buying gold on WoW back before they just started selling it themselves, so Iā€™m pretty sure they could crack down on third party sellers in an open trade Diablo game as well.

The problem isnā€™t that they canā€™t, itā€™s that they donā€™t want to put in the effort to do it. Itā€™s why Diablo 3 is infested with bots too.

1 Like

And youā€™ve already been proven in no vague terms that since you can not in any way measure D3 playerbase - you can not make a claim like that.
A fact you are stubbornly chosing to ignore as long as it fits your agenda.

6 Likes

Install D2. Create a character. Playtime 5 minutes
Start up bot. Reach Level 99. Actual Playtime still 5 minutes
Go to 3rd Party Trade sites buy Godly GG gear.
Playtime now maybe 10 min as U spend 5 making sure you got what U pay for
No need to play anymore as your char is godly .
What a fun way to play.
Such good design with Open Trade.

Um no. Open Trading BIS gear should never be allowed and Iā€™m glad atm the plan is to have BIS BOA

7 Likes

Instasll D3. Create a character. Playtime 5 minutes.
Start up bot. Reach 5000 paragon and have every item in the game. Actual playtime still 5 minutes.

See, I can make up random crap too!

3 Likes

Iā€™d say Iā€™m closer to the norm since the vast majority of most games playerbase are casual player that donā€™t really get involved with min/maxing and deeper systems and such, and just play. Mostly ignorant of such things as being suboptimal.

1 Like

Unfortunately Botting in D3 And D2 is bad but at least in D3 your staying true to the game and your gear come from loot hunting and not some garbage 3rd party sellers.

Also at 5k paragon , getting full primal is pretty low chance if D3 was plague with the poison of 3rd party well then you could I suppose. Glad itā€™s not

So even under your idea of only play and bot in D3 for 5K. U canā€™t be GG godly without actual play really or significant RNG on your side. Which system is better here and forces you to play . Oh thatā€™s right D3 cause itā€™s a better system and doesnā€™t have open Trade

1 Like

With 5k paragon, you should be able to get primal on all your slots. With proper use of materials from bounties and stuff. Been close earlier with only 1200 paragon, so if youā€™re not able to do it with 5k paragon then youā€™ve got the worst luck possible, or youā€™re doing it wrong. Not meant to be a dick :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™s not really staying true to the game if youā€™re getting loot by not actually playing it while a bot does everything for you.

Isnā€™t the argument against trading ā€œbut you should get gear by actually playing the gameā€?. How in the hell are you playing the game when youā€™re just running a bot?

Also if 5k isnā€™t good enough just run the bot until you do become GG godly. The bot doesnā€™t automatically stop working at 5k paragon.

Iā€™m not even pro-trading at this point, but the idea that we need to design the game around the bogeyman of cheaters is a bad idea.

because using that logic, we should remove all grinds from the game including loot grinds so that people donā€™t bot.

and nothing else should be entertained until somebody else comes up with a solution that will 100% remove botting.

1 Like

I am a long time Diablo players (since 1) as well, D2 also being my favorite (currently playing it again after replaying all three).

I agree that having trading allows items to be a bit rarer, having the best of the best be extremely rare, which I like. However, I donā€™t think it should be any harder than D2 to obtain items, since some of that is very very difficult. I could see maybe dialing back some of the items a bit, but not much. It should be realistic to find the great items and some of the best items on your own, if you are smart, dedicated, and are running the hardest content over a lengthy period of time. The nice thing about Diablo 2, is that the best of the best gear is not necessary to beat the game on Hell. You need (depending on build) pretty good gear that takes some searching, but nothing a smart player cannot acquire with some effort and time. It would be nice to have this again, but have the most challenging dungeons and end game events nearly require the best of the best gear to obtain some interesting rewards.

I get peopleā€™s hesitation on open trading across the board, but that likely is not happening. However, neither is no trading. They already said trading is coming back, though it may be limited in some ways. I still think having two forms of play is smart. Open trade across the board, then another mode for ā€œclan foundā€, meaning you and up to three other accounts in your clan can share items with one another.

As for PoE and trading. It is kinda fun, but doesnā€™t offer much in the way of player interaction. Trading in Diablo II was a blast sometimes. I have fond memories of bartering with other players and haggling, reaping quite the rewards over time. With that said, I also enjoy finding the gear myself in other playthrough, which is what me and my friend are doing now. Finding most of the items in the game, but definitely some of the rarest stuff is still alluding us. Recently got a Cham and several TC87 uniques/set items.

Bottom line is, if there is interesting items of varying rarities to shoot for, it becomes a fun hunt. And even if i find most items in the game, it is still fun to start over come another season, starting that hunt again, knowing that it is not all just going to pour down (or be gifted to me via the game) as soon as I reach the end of the game.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, and I totally agree with you. The hunt makes it all interesting, still remember all that time i spent wishing for my first windforce, or that damn zod rune^^

And yeah, D2 actually had (guess I gotta edit this to has) a nice amount of gear that worked, you were still able to use items from lvl 41 until the end-game, and was still reachable.

3 Likes

Wrong again. That batting average just keeps falling.

3 Likes