Look What You've Done 😠

Yes. If there’s no (or limited trade) you’ll have to get items by playing the game. Therefore it will have to be possible to get items by playing the game.

If they make trade a “feature” the worry is they will try to make people use it by making drops rarer than they ought to be, and we will have to engage in a tedious and unfun trading mini-game to get to the exploring places and killing demons parts.

1 Like

This is exactly part of the reason why we should not have trading.

1 Like

His comment mad me think of that talk.

And while there isn’t much in the way or character building because you can’t set your stats
if there is no tactical play in D3 what’s the point of META everyone in the META has a specific task in the make up and each is reliant on the other, if there is no tactics why meta, why not just all dps and go in
And I see a lot of loot drop in the game and finding cool items stop once you found them all.
It’s not like D2 has cool items and that’s held up as what a rpg should be

And in Diablo that’s called leeching

Are you capable of telling the truth? The only people that know how many people play Diablo 3 is Blizzard and they don’t give out that information, so you are just saying D2 has more players than D3 to make yourself feel better

Now if only it wasn’t crap
Both of you are correct
both games are infected with bots but D2 players turn a blind eye to it and pretend it doesn’t exist

Exact same thing can be said about D2
Does that mean that if I was to break the rules of Diablo and get my buddy to play the game on my computer while I’m at work nothing counts because I wasn’t the one playing the character

And that solution is?
The whole reason cheats are in all games is because people are lazy and if there is a way to shortcut the game play they will
That’s how the bots and cheats start in the first place, human nature

If that’s true why is there such an uproar over people wanting harder base difficulties in game than be stuck at a low T16 when compared to a GR 150

Which you can’t do. So the discussion ends here.
Even kernel-level anticheats can’t prevent 3rd party algorithms from running. Look at Valorant - and this is not done by an inexperienced company.

I don’t know if you know, but creating cheats for new games is a multi-million dollar industry. Professional hackers work on it full-time and drive in Lamborghini for it. It’s much safer than hacking a bank.
And these people will break literally any defense. There really is NO WAY to prevent cheats and bots.

TLDR: you can’t prevent bots, so discussing any scenarios contingent on that is pointless.

Not really. Sometimes more choices means that people don’t go for the most interesting one gameplay-wise.

In games, more choices is not a dogma.

Afaik he is convinced that some 3rd party site keeps perfect track of that by hacking into Blizzard’s data center traffic to their login servers. Even though they disclaim that very thing themselves and basically say they’re not professionals and their data is crap.

But some people, when they want to believe a thing, will ignore all negative evidence.

3 Likes

That’s laughable considering that in another thread you stated

Tactical play isn’t about not having a meta. Anything governed by numbers will have a meta once we figure out what the most efficient numbers are.

Tactical play is about needing a more strategic approach and not just nuking everything down(which yes I know even Diablo 2 isn’t amazing for this).

No it’s not.

Leeching is specifically taking XP from other players while they do all the work and you stand around contributing nothing. Pacifist runs on WoW don’t group up with other players to hit max level.

They use the fact that mining ore or picking herbs offers a small amount of XP.

I’m a D2 player and I don’t pretend it doesn’t exist. I regularly say that Blizzard is downright terrible at dealing with bots in both Diablo 2 and 3.

If you want to talk about honesty, it would help if you don’t make broad generalizations about entire playerbases.

There isn’t a solution, and I was being sarcastic to poke fun at the logic of “I wont entertain any solution that doesn’t 100% remove all third party trading” that somebody used.

My point is that we shouldn’t design games around cheaters being some big bad bogeyman that’s going to ruin everything.

You sure?

I just viewed the Seasonal Leaderboard No.1 Necro solo that has 6k paragon, and he only has 6 Primals over 13 slots, and the No.2 Necro with 5k paragon has 4 Primals over 13 slots.

In fact, the No.1 WD in non-seasonal that has 11k paragon only have 6 Primals as well.

If you don’t believe my words, you can check the leaderboard and see with your own eyes.

2 Likes

lol upset me? Why? The current iteration of the Diablo series is great! It’s got its problems, but overall I love it, I play every night and luckily there are enough people playing it to keep everyone interested.

From the looks of it, someone else seems to be upset. Someone else seems to be spending hours writing walls of text, multiquoting different people and finding it difficult to accept reality, for a game that is (quote) “hopeless, a lost cause”.

On topic, I am glad the cancer that is “open trading” ( → buying your way to leaderboards through Ebay) is long gone and I couldn’t care less about PvP. D4 seems to be on the right track and I can’t wait to get a piece of the action!

5 Likes

Its hard to say if the removal of trading was a negative or a positive.
I certainly miss trading.
I dont miss all that incentive to hack, and the 9million bots though.

Tough choice.(No sarcasm)

Last time you check into non official, non verifiable information. Translation: you feel D2 has more players because of your bias for the game. You have no information because Blizzard has never released that information.

2 Likes

There’s no point man Strolln has proven time and time again he’s a massive fanboy of D2. Hopefully when D4 comes out he will stop the crying. Until then long live D3

2 Likes

If his comments about D4 are a thing to go off of, no. He will be on the D4 forums complaining about it.

2 Likes

That assuming that D4 is D2 HD…if not, he will keep complaining at the D4 forum.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much a given. Gripers gotta gripe.

2 Likes

Play PoE instead? D3 is fine without trading. Don’t be lazy. Farm your items. Stop wasting time to trade orbs like PoE just to get the items you want. Farm for them. aRPG is all about loots. How lazy you want to be?

Pretty, apparently. I get getting items you don’t want or can’t use. But that’s where salvaging was a blessing. I’d rather salvage or vendor an item than try to find someone to trade or sell to. Even if there was an AH interface. But that’s me.

Lol, right dude. Just go to the D2 forum, half the threads are complaints about bots. The only people that like bots are botters.

Oh ya? You know this because you played Diablo 3 huh?

That’s the whole point. We need trading so we can have rare items that are tough to farm. Sorry, I don’t want everything given to me. I don’t want easy mode, boring items like in D3, I want exciting items like D2.

So many anti-traders here, incredible so many people are struggling with this concept. So back to the original thought and title of this thread. What have you done, incredible. From Diablo 2 to making an army of this in your forum?

The other thread talked about controller use on the PC and my comment was about disability accessibility options. More physical accessibility options for players is good.

I do NOT support 100% open trade for many reasons, which I have already gone into. Choices that have a negative impact on the game, are not good choices.

This topic has been beaten into the ground already and Blizzard has already said they prefer the limited trade model. We WILL have some, but playing the game is the primary way to get gear/items. They really don’t want third party sites using the game like D2.

3 Likes

I just got my whole daily dose of iron(y) right here.

12 Likes