LoD Blessed Shield

Very impressed, particularly with how often you were a hair’s breadth away from being dead quite so often and yet still making it.

1 Like

Thank you, only from tooltip I could not tell it.

Nice! That was a sweet run. I noticed that you only have a regular legendary amulet too - not even ancient. Even more so then, well done!

2 Likes

Thanks guys for the congradulations! :))

1 Like

Guys, I’ve been going hard on bounties to reforge a better shield. I was getting frustrated and finally this one happened:

18% block chance
970 Str
8.5 CC
15% BS dmg (rolled)
Socket (diamond)

Good enough? I really want to move on to other gear so I can start augmenting and pushing. Hoping for at least GR115. I didn’t expect it to take this long to get a good shield, lol.

1 Like

Not bad. Ideally you want %BS, CC, CDR and AD/BC.

Yeah, I was going to settle for Str, CC, BS%, BC/CDR, but rolling an ancient with high legendary effect and decent native block chance turned out to be really really hard, lol. If it will get me to gr115 with 2300 para and lvl 100 augments, I’ll be happy.

Usually I can spy on people’s gear and get a good picture of what’s actually acceptable, but the stupid website just refuses to get fixed…

Rolling a perfect Crusader Shield is just impossible ‘cause there are too many useless possibilities (like primary skills). I have found 2 primals Jekanboard, one with CC and CDR, the other one with BS, CC and BC. None of them is perfect but I use the second one.

EDIT: can somebody explain me how the BC on BS work in terms of damage? In particularly I would like to know if also Provoke - Hit Me with the +50% increase actual BC contributes to enlarge the whole damage. I think yes but I appreciate if somebody ensures me about this thing.
I remember to everyone that BS does 450%, + 250% of BC, of weapon damage.

I’ve read (can’t confirm) that the block chance can go over 100% when it comes to damage calculations for BS. I did some basic math for my shield above, to figure out if BS or BC was a better roll. BC added about 4% DPS while BS added around 11%. My numbers might be a little off since I didn’t account for additive benefit from Towering Shield. Either way, pretty sure BS is more important, even with the toughness from JL.

1 Like

A lot also depends on what the person wants. As in all builds, you need more damage to push higher on GR. This is why they tend to be a lot more squishy . 90% of the time you’ll find HC leaderboards are not as high as SC, they need more cheat death passives/toughness as soft core can utilize more damage passives and less toughness because dying doesn’t matter (besides eating up time).

I just finished 116 with my LoD BS with a soso map with pretty good time. Just hit 1600 para and no augment over 101 as I play solo, don’t do 4man groups to level gems. Out of the couple ancient shields I got, I rolled a stat into block chance as I like the added toughness where I can get it, I like more tanks builds. Then again, I don’t aim to hit the top 10 on the board.

Block chance adds toughness and damage on the build, skill damage adds just damage but probably a little more. I don’t know the figures and mechanics but maybe someone will eventually post some. It usually depends mostly on what damage buff is multiplicative versus additive.

Using this build for some weeks and doing GR around 95.
PL just stepped over 1K, have around 5 Ancient, 2-3 Augment gear.
Using the ST+IC pair for staying alive.

You think worth to try the new Valor set to go higher in GR solo?
I know PL is a bit low, thinking about using some defensive gems along.

Can you suggest if it worth to try it?
Some of you tried it and improved in solo ladder?

Thank you for your help!

At your paragon level, the ring jewelry can be recycled for more defensive AoV builds. You will absolutely climb ranks if you switch, pick defensive gearing choices.

Not trying to be a downer, but I’d wait to see if AoV gets a hotfix before doing anything permanent. If Barb’s are any predictor, AoV might not be the strongest build when the dust settles…

I will keep BS gear, because like the build and tank style.
Would try out if can do higher level for more XP and loot. Currently hardly get a PL with one GR, lately can do 95 if mob density good enough and map is open. Bosses last quite long, that is the harder part now.
My problem is hitting groups not really following me within 1-2 screen distance, so need to fight with relative smaller groups. Not sure if Enchanter follower causing it or not.
Just talked a fellow Crusader, with fresh gear, around 1.3K PL he done easily 100 with not optimized VoA set, but told that it is dying easy.

What you mean about ring jewelry can be recycled for more defensive? Shall use defensive legendary gems in them?
I feel that too it could get nerfed as only Crusaders reached 150 on ladder yet.

This is good advice.

Yes, while you are learning use Gogok, Mutilation Guard and Esoteric Alteration. Once you’re practiced, swap in trapped.

If someone interesting, i`m done the era with GR 135 (11 place)

I was lucky and crafted the primal flail, which gives me life per hit, cdr and strenght, which has been changed to attack speed. Totally +9,5% to pure dps.
3 Likes

Congrats on the insane clear! Are you going to stick with BS or try AoV?

1 Like

after 2.6.7.a I`ll stay with BS :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with Borfet. I think the nerf will impact AoV is insane: only 20 stacks means the build will be useless as trash killer and as RGK I want to see, I’m not sure neither about that.

Today in 4-p GR 136 me (3,5k Paragon, AoV aimed on trash), another Crusader (3,6k Paragon, AoV classic with PS) and double support (Monk + Barbarian); we cleared it with more than 2 minutes left, both with mediocre items and without BotS (2 min on Perdition). Normal Rift, nothing to say, except the fact it is more than possible farm GR 135-140 regularly and without Wizard. Until today. Sadly.
Last but not least: lag with many many mobs, despite 0 AD on every player.

On the other hand, with my BS build, playing with an Invoker mate and same 2 supports, we manage to farm GR 130s in almost all maps. And there is room for improvements. Maybe to reach GR 135.
Zero lag: I don’t know why but it seems BS doesn’t generate lag even with high AD an AS.

If only they would have put 50% or 60% on Akkhan’s Leniency…