Last hero...who is he?

Yeah that makes sense I guess… sounded first like you wanna put classes under a pay-wall so that they make more of them for the sake of monetising

Not sure why I thought that was the case, and seems there aren’t much successful attempts at doing so, especially on the long run accross many expansions and whatnot, well other than WoW (so far) I guess…

So my bits of cynicism got triggered by that idea (somewhat) tbh, yeah, that would probably be the best way to go but at this point feels like wayy too much in the future (and probably only if almost everything else works)

1 Like

Yupp the best way of getting players to pay for a new charecter is if it comes as a part of an expansion. Like Crusader in RoS.

1 Like

I agree, but I think a sword/shield/armor class should be obvious in this type of game since its release. I thought it was absurd that Diablo 3 was released without such a class, and only came a long time later.

2 Likes

Then we are on the same team here. :grin:

2 Likes

I personally love polearm or spear wielding characters. I loved the leap attack barbarian with a spear in D2, I also love to use the Dark Knight’s Halberd in Dark Souls, and I main a Dragoon in Final Fantasy XIV. I think they are an underexplored character archetype, maybe because sword combat is fancier to look at, and gives the false impression that it takes more skill, and axes better convey the idea of brutality, but spears, lances and polearms were the KINGS in medieval warfare.

So I’m really excited if there is a polearm class or build in D4.

3 Likes

a class using Halberd I believe would be very welcome. I don’t know why but I miss a type of class using spear/halberd, like Amazon builds in diablo 2. Blizzard could take this further and be an extra option for a specialized sword and shield class.

And yes, I died a lot for the black knights in Dark Souls using halberds :sweat_smile: but I never played Final Fantasy

1 Like

The dragoons in FF are more of a spear type of user, the concept being that they are dragon hunters, they jump super high and fall stabbing the dragon’s spine (it is a bit similar to the leap attack barbarian in D2) which is why I mentioned them as well

The old guy at the grave in the opening cinematic is a member of the Horadrim. Maybe Lorath Nahr (who used a halberd) is still around and he expanded the New Horadrim with younger people.

Honestly it sounds like the Horadrim are going through rough times in Diablo 4. So outside of the guy at grave, I don’t know if we’ll see that many members for Diablo 4, at least not early on.

Well maybe Kormac is still around as an older man and he has some young Templars at his side.
If the pale knight is one of our allies hopefully we will have others along the way.

1 Like

I’m saying I don’t mind if they release classes in the same manner they released the D3 necro which was a stand alone purchase. I also don’t mind if they release classes with expansions or mini expansions.

1 Like

They confirmed expansions and a new class usually comes with the expansion.
I have no issued with a stand alone class DLC if it is in between the expansions.

if diablo 1 class like rogue comes back so i bet its warrior/fighter or paladin/templar or cleric

And each DLC should have a new area. (which should take more than 5 hours to complete)

1 Like

You’ll likely see that with expansions. Dlc’s on the other hand will likely offer just a new hero (similar to the Necromancer dlc).

OK, finally thought of the proper name, and perhaps even having a bit of clue over skillset also:

LEGIONAIRE :slight_smile:

Heavy focus on swords, spears, weapon-enhancements, and perhaps some “fighting skills” masteries (could be veterancy, battlemastery, or adaptation)

• Veterancy = the more you kill of a type of monsters the better you become at slaying (and/or enduring) those (could be either more permanent but capped, or more temporarily but more stackable per gear)
  • Battlemastery = gain ability to “prenerf” monsters before striking the final blow (snipe/kill a leg or hand or a greater monster and prevent it temporarily do something, or cause a reverse damage of their own ability or so)
  • Adaptation = Gain extra buffs/bonuses from all buffs/scrolls/crafting-mats, combine them for a more ancient-secret/greater-efficiency well-timed but rarer-available effect. or even ability to cast/summon some primitive but still battle-effective traps (probably available more often) also

Not sure about the skillset, I guess spear-based stuff that could be alternatively used by swords, perhaps some more rudimentary form of archery (mostly revolving around throwables) and who knows, perhaps more advanced work with scrolls and getting battle-related buffs from those… :thinking:

But yeah, if I’m to make a guess (if taking some changes/reinventing into consideration), I think the last class will be a Legionaire, my first-final conclusion… :slight_smile:

1 Like

With name of class is more complicated, from occult order of some kind of guardian of blood, and necroclowns from forum aborigines give him only 3 slots: 1 for a shield and 2 for weapons.

Give me a dual shield weilding tank class with shield tosses, shield bashes, allow me to use my shield as a mount like BotW does.

If there were a major dual-wielding class, then a dual shield wielder or dual lance/glaive user would be the top of my wishlist.

Add a dual wand weilder then I can relive my early childhood of running around with two sparklers.

1 Like