Last hero...who is he?

In the arms list shown at Blizzcon 2019, a spear and shield are left for last hero, and spears are also present on horses.

In addition, team of artists showed a pale knight from order of monks from fractured peaks town & city, pay attention to symbol on knight’s shield and canvas of shop with weapons and armor.

At shop stands a monk, a guard with shield and sword, whose silhouette fits into shadow of campfire. So the image of pale knight seems to fit into last hero with shield and spear, but maybe this is an ally as the Blizzard say :slight_smile:

In any case, I am grateful to artists for art that gives emotions. Спасибо.

2 Likes

In the D4 press kit art from 2019 they have a painting of someone who looks like a Paladin in hell.

4 Likes

Sword and board holy knight archetype is the 5th class. There is too much Zakarune imagery in the game for it not to happen. Plus it is the only major archetype not in the game. Yes the Druid is not a full summoner or pet class, but it will be the defacto until the WD and Necro are brought it. It is also the only archetype that fits the silhouette and the warrior has been replaced by the Barb.

1 Like

Holy or dark, the skill tree will allow you to make a choice, but we can already say for sure that the last hero will have a spear or a halberd and a shield, plus swords

Bring back the paladin!!! My favorite class back in the day.

1 Like

We cannot say anything for sure. Many speculated that the Hunter art from 2019 (photo by Lord Fluffy) was for a new class, but it turned out that the Hunter was an NPC. The Pale Knight appears to be one of our allies not a new class. Lore wise D4 would be in the area of the Crusader’s as they were in the east. I hope it is a new holy class that we have not seen before.

Well they brought back only old characters so far, so paladin is an option. Rebuilding their order or something. But i would like to see something new already. Templars fit into the archetype too, so why not? Or maybe we will be introduced to a new archetype or faction. That would also be cool.

2 Likes

The blizzard did not specify who the pale knight was, they specifically left the community for speculation and discussion, but the four heroes need a new class in heavy armor, a shield and a spear with a halberd, Diablo has never had a knight with a spear and a shield. but we’ll see.

1 Like

Read the blog again.

Today we’re going to be focusing on Diablo IV character art—player characters, monsters, and allies. :point_left:
:point_down:

3 Likes

Can i have the zombie spider thing as an ally please? :heart_eyes:

I know, but without a hero in strong armor and a shield, Diablo will not be Diablo :slight_smile:
And the image ally can serve well for a future class in heavy armor with a shield, it is known that each hero will be presented in a location with his own story, and the last hero will be a monk from fractured peaks, the only question is how it will look

We’re going to get one im shure, it would be a missed opportunity if not. At least i need my living wall of steel and blades, steam rolling through the enemy.

Can you imagine a dark Paladin/Crusader? What kind of magic would they even use? Shadow magic?

Heeeeeeeey…anybody who’s familiar with Skulduggery Pleasant books, Lord Vile would be an excellent candidate to draw inspiration from. Covered head to toe with “living shadow armor” that writhes and tendrils around him like a hungry dark beast.

https://i.redd.it/2dt0fme1fbe51.png
https://preview.redd.it/5y291ukxdvx51.png?width=1700&format=png&auto=webp&s=49d81ee39753a21911ba8e9ecf3aee1426012fb6

Even the Necromancers in those books are shadow-based combatants, both defensive and offensive.

in that paragraph with the pale knight, it is not clearly indicated that it is an ally, people even confuse him with an enemy or a monster. If the bloody bishop and the lord of the skeletons cannot be confused with anyone, then the pale knight is a mystery for the community like a shadow in a campfire.

Maybe for you, he is the only one that falls within the allies description. Think outside of the box.

• He is not the 5th class believe it or not. Why did they make a reference to allies if it is not him.

Would they have released info on a new hero as the last picture in the art update? Or is it more likely they’d have held all pictures of it til they could do a full reveal with a bunch of hype to go with it? The Pale Knight may be an ally, an NPC, or an enemy. It’s great artwork regardless, but I don’t think we’re looking at a D4 playable paladin/crusader class there.

Not only for me, in context, the pale knight even turned out to be an enemy for many. But I assumed that this is the prototype of the future class, if you collect all the information, in the Diablo series, there was never a knight in heavy armor, a shield and a spear. And the quarterly update does not indicate who the pale knight is, this is just an indicative rendering.

This Knight is covered head to toe in metal and fabric that reacts differently based on lighting. You can see nice details and material breaks on the hard surfaces that your eye expects to see. This detail grounds us in a world we all visually know and understand. The difference from a scale pattern of finer metal to large, hammered iron next to gold trim is readily apparent.

Well, where is the “ally”?

Where is it stated that it’s is an enemy, or the next class?

Btw:

And the sections were in this order too. First we saw the chars, then some monsters, and last… well… you can pretty much figure it out.

I believe the the Pale Knight is an ally (maybe he helps us on a quest), also look at the markings on his shield and armor. It would have been stupid of Blizzard to make mention of allies and not show one in the blog. The Knight is the only one who fits that description. I do not believe the Knight is the 5th class but I do think the 5th class will be some type of Paladin/Crusader/Templar (or something new).

2 Likes

“enemy” - in social networks, "next class’ - I guessed from the sketches of weapons Blizzcon 2019, spear and shield left for 5th hero, they are even present on the horse. BlizzCon 2019 | Diablo Recap - YouTube Want a new class? The Knight with the Spear and Shield has never been in the series, and the Blizzard is now eagerly listening to fans.

Why a knight? Lots of pre-references and artistic sketches