Is trading dead for Diablo 4?

One week after Diablo 4 release (with NO TRADING) forums pages will be like :

• Farmed high level dungeons for 10 hours without a single upgrade…
  • %99 of dropped legendaries are pog…
  • Loot system in this game is a joke…
  • I’ve been non-stop playing for the last two days and found not a useful legendary…

%90 of the player base will quit. Because with every upgrade your next upgrade will be harder.

What will Blizzard do?
They will open the loot tabs.
Legendaries will be raining from the sky…
Did you remember this scenario? One week after the RoS release?

Even if you make the best item/craft/loot system; without trading THIS WILL HAPPEN. It is inevitable.

Mate, trading is simply an activity that swaps items.

Same activity could be replaced by an advanced AI crafting system.

It’s the same thing - the only difference is that instead of communicating with a real player you would do that with in-game vendor AI.

No you cant. Trading is %99 of the time more efficient than crafting. If you make crafting easier everybody will craft a good axe and sell it. The market will be filled with nice axes. So axe price will drop and buying a nice axe will be cheaper than crafting again. This is math.

In diablo 2 you can buy enigma with a less currency than a total value of Jah and Ber.

You can make and ist Rune with 2 Mal Runes + 1 Ame in the cube but if want to buy an ist rune you pay mal + um (1.5 mal) again cheaper than making in the cube. Because crafting is irreversible.

Wrong again.
Name me a competitive player that just cares about races and I will name 5 competitive player that will be playing the trade league.
tie23 killed uber with a level 32 char in LEGION SOFCORE.
He is trying some challenges that %99.9 of the players cant even imagine. Showing that guy as an example is just absurd. Im caring %99.9 of the players not tie23

That’s the part you are missing - you want to cheat item progression with trading and you say that won’t be possible with crafting - of course, that’s the whole idea. Scamming ends the moment such system is in place.

And that’s why trading won’t be replaced by crafting - so that whales buy stuff from 3rd parties to cheat item progression, be happy and spend more on MTX.

D4 without trading again :
www dot d4service dot com:
Level 40 barbarian with GG items that can farm all the content : 100$
Charcater leveling service 1-40 : 30$
Diablo4 bot : farming high level dungeons 10m exp/day picking legendaries : 30$

Just google d3 paragon service.

You cant stop p2w. Life itself is p2w.

Selling a GG bow to buy a GG axe is not cheating and %99 of the players will do this.

Sure, you can, I already wrote on the topic.

Right now, players are split into 3 playerbase: US, EU, ASIA.
So what is the problem if the playerbase is split into 2?

1 Like

Region split doesn’t go anywhere. The same regions will likely return in d4. They exist at all due to technical limitations of the Internet itself, and that doesn’t go anywhere.
In addition each region is split into two based on hardcore/softcore. You re proposing to split each of those AGAIN. this is 4 distinct groups per region, and 12 in total.

That’s too much.

And that is even without mentioning that should Blizzard consider further divisions - there are many much more meaningful and desired options for them to consider. Like PvP/no-pvp.

Trading question is annoying. Nothing more. Whether you include or remove trading - at most some people will complain, but the majority simply doesn’t care. It is not a high-priority thing. And will not be worth dividing the playerbase in Blizzard’s eyes.

It’s too much for SC2 and D3 right now, but it would be fine for D4.

No problem. You can make 500 categories at launch as long as Diablo 4 has enough of a player base.

So what is your real life ID?
Sounds like we are all the citizen of United Nations of Earth and we all have unique citizenship ID.

LoL

I think that Blizzard are a little bit better equipped to make that judgement than you or me.

I also think you are underestimating the negative impact of splitting the playerbase.
Which is understandable. You are a player and you only ever envision your own game that could benefit from options.

I am not. Splitting the player base should be always avoided, however there is no splitting for what we are discussing.

If you merge all regions into one in D3, remove HC mode, cap paragon and make every other step in the direction that is not creating a split in the player base we would have a healthier game in that regard.

However that design practice would be flawed for a game like D4 that is expected to have millions of copies sold at launch aka a lot bigger player base than D3.

As long as there are enough players you can create as many different activities without that being bad for the multiplayer aspect of the game.

That said I don’t expect they include an SSF mode for other reasons I mentioned above.

No ID, no play bro. Simple as that. And suddenly account trading goes puff!

Im asking again what is your life id?
When the game asks a real id from me and I made up an Id how will the game verify it? From the governments database?
There is no scuh an ID.
Even steam, epic couldnt make it. You are living in a dream world…

Who cares. P2W sucks. But the reason to not have trading is because trading leads to a worse gameplay experience. Reducing P2W is merely a small bonus from having no trading.

1 Like

IDs verification is same as a banknote verification.

You can identify a valid banknote from a high quality picture, and you can identify a valid ID from a high resolution picture. There is no need for any database check.

You can try going with your made up ID through a boarder control to see whether you dream. If you don’t pass, it’s highly probable it’s the real world.

Game is already DOA for me and my friends.

No trading + Always online.

Sorry Blizz I want to own my games not rent them from you. Trading is and has been a core part of ARPGS.

No thanks.

2 Likes

you already have a diablo 3.
and it’s gross

2 Likes

That will not protect account sharing.
Only way will be “every time you login from a different machine or different location you must provide a credit card, id or any document related to you” but this will be pain in the asss for both players and blizzard.
If thist system worked steam, epic, origin would have done it long time ago.

If GGG post a new manifesto that they will remove all the trading from the game they will lose at least %80 of the playerbase.

Yes, that is to happen in the future - when you provide the ID for your account you’ll match it with the hardware you use.

This then severely damages account trading through account sharing since that would become a very expensive practice. As such it would probably cease to exist completely.