If Diablo 4 does not have player trading, I won't be buying it - Long time gamer and fan

Agreed. They should make it so that items drop can be targeted but at the same time, there has to be trading in the game, to provide items with some sort of intrinsic values, and creating opportunity cost for using vs selling an item to others. Chris Wilson from GGG talked about it on GDC as well.

1 Like

No, trading is not necessary at all when there is an advanced crafting system in the game allowing you to craft any item you wish.

What the crafting safeguards against are all the negative aspects associated with trading.

Actually, Diablo was always my game. I’ve never played PoE, so I don’t see how it could be my game.

My thoughts about this topic at 5:48 AM lol…
I like the idea of being able to gift hand me down gear when I get an upgrade. It’s not fair in Diablo 3 as soon as I enchant an item I can’t trade it to my friend. I can actually see a market for people making profit enchanting rare stuff like rolling off weapon damage for 7% attack speed on a little rogue. Or rolling reduces damage taken from elites on a chest. Selling it for 30% more than what it cost to get the enchant.

Or just y’know, when I get an upgrade I can either mail my old item I replaced To a battle net friend, or even dropping it on the ground for a random noob in a public, totally making their day!

However, I hate with a passion, the idea of mass buying low and selling high, making it so average players like myself who do not care about an economy can’t get potions and food used for buffs at a decent price. Because everything was bought low and sold high.

The only way I was ever able to buy expensive armor items in WOW was to have a liquidation sale “everything must go” selling all my materials for just over half of what they were worth. I had to do this because I am not a smart man when it comes to economics and I don’t think it’s fun or fair that some people “play the auction house”.

When Diablo 3 had the real money auction house, I ended up spending hundreds of dollars on my parents credit card for my gear. See, my friends actually made money on the auction house. Why? Because I would drop useful items in town for the party, when they had incentive to be hoarders of usable gear to make profit. I gave free gear, because I see the game that way, and I was forced to use real money to buy upgrades for myself.

Loot 2.0 and instanced loot is amazing. I’m fine with getting a new loot system I didn’t know I wanted, that’s up to the devs. But don’t let elite players own my wallet.

Thank you.

1 Like

I’d have rather an exceptional game with a trading system and player economy.

6 Likes

The real life wallets make the effort of all players parodical, just as account trading/sharing, botting and cheating.

What I want to see implemented in future online games that involve grinding is:

• Real life ID bound to in-game account
  • Strong anti-botting and cheating policy allowing inspection of OS files
  • Limitation of allowed gameplay hours per day to keep the health of players safe
  • No P2W practices
  • No ability players to transfer anything between them
  • Transparency of in-game RNG systems guaranteeing fair play for everyone

Blizzard gave up on developing D3, even discarding a further planned expansion.

They obviously thought it would be better to create a whole new game, which is why they began Diablo 4 development instead of releasing more D3 expansions.

3 Likes

there is NOT going to be ANY diablo4, and nor even trade at all (because blizzard wont be able to control it), so STOP insist they cant control anything

Then what is the unannounced Diablo project Blizzard has been and still is working on?

I’m not saying it is D4 but there can’t be many alternatives either.

diablo immortal

I don’t want to be babied with endless drops that makes it too easy…the grind of items and being able to make deals to get what you need is far more satisfying

3 Likes

I recommend opening a dictionary and finding the definition for the word “unannounced”. By what definition is D:I unannounced?

Furthermore, there are open job positions for the unannounced Diablo project. Additionally anything for D:I are clearly stated they are for D:I, not for the unannounced project.

And other job positions for another unannounced project.

Come on now. Everyone should be able to see by now that a new Diablo game is being worked on. We know it’s not Diablo immortal because that game is ‘announced’ and this other title is unannounced. We also know it’s not a D3 expansion.

We also know Blizzard would be crazy if their only upcoming game was Diablo immortal, after the immense backlash they received last year.

:DDD

+1, I want trading back. We already tried a game without it. It’s tradings turn to come back.

4 Likes

Very well said !

Players shouldn’t have another 0 communication/interaction between players game like this one is. I’m not responsible for anyone else’s fck ups, botting, scamming and whatever else they do. It is their choice, not mine. The people who are like that will be like this, probably forever… You can’t stop them, if they want they will abuse the sht out of anything they decide to.

So for all those who want another stale game without economy Blizzard should do an SSF mode. Go ahead play your D4 in D3 style, I don’t care.

Hooray for trades.

4 Likes

+1 to the self found mode idea.

Self found only, no trading, should be an option for those who wish to play that in that style.

Trading with player economy should be available for those who wish to play that way.

This seems like the best solution to satisfy both types of gamer, whilst seeing off the threat posed by games such as PoE and other upcoming action RPG’s like the one being developed by League of Legends developer, Riot games.

I believe it would extremely short sighted of Blizzard to go the D3 route with pure no trading. Especially since it was Diablo 2 that made the Diablo series such a great success. And that game always had player trading.

2 Likes

Oh, not this again. No.

5 Likes

Let’s allow children play 18+ games then, that’s what you sayin? And on top of that learn them to bot and cheat, while playing like mindless zombies first days of Seasons 24/7 and using parents CC to purchase stuff?

Well, you have a very good vision of fair play, you all kids who defend trading.

Also, let’s let companies abuse RNG “rewarding” MTX purchasers with more quality loot?

You see where this is going? If not, let me show you:

Diablo 3 is the only game in its franchise that has reached the top 10th spot of the best selling video game of all time, at $30M+ sales. This surpasses D2 and the original Diablo. I cant provide the link, but all you have to do is google it. You are basing your opinions on your own likes and dislikes.

If you HAVE been playing D3 as long as you say, then you must recall the AH as well as trading which existed earlier on in the games release. What this did was open up the door to 3rd party vendors where bots farm continuously and then sell the items for a huge profit. You really want to bring that back? Blizzard doesn’t. One thing that I do know, is that trading will NOT come back. You can huff and puff, and say that you will not buy D4, but first off, you $89 is not going to matter, and secondly, if you HAVE been a Blizzard fan for 20 yrs, then you will buy D4, especially when you read about the fuss when it first comes out. Third, D3 does have trading in the console version. Why do you not play it?

2 Likes