Important Invoker issues that should be fixed

Hi,
i like invoker build and we should focus on improving it and fix issues, well, mainly because every class in this game is wizard. Currently i fell in love with Crimson Set that fixes crusader’s high cooldown skills with low duration and adds nice damage boost. But there are lot of other annoying things that should be changed to fully enjoy this build, ordered from most important:

!!! Provoke. This spell is only used because of Hit me rune. Really just 15 yards area? Taunt should be that kind of spell that entire screen is attacking you, mainly in group plays, so at least 40 yards. You are supposed to be tank for christ’s sake. Hit me rune should be what Hold your ground passive do. Adding 25-30% block chance additively with no dodge chance. That no dodge chance is most important in group play to deny monk and barb dodge runes. Hold your ground nobody use these days, because there is no place in build for it. This change would hugely boost invoker group play.

1. 4pc set bonus. Actually this set requires you to wear 7 items (not 6) to get all set bonuses. This should be redesigned in order to get much needed damage reduction. Just remove that stupid bombardment requirement.

2. Blue elites. Invoker is actually elite hunter that can’t kill all elites. There should be way that by attacking 1st blue elite in a pack, others recieve percentage of that damage, attacking 2nd will continue dealing percantage of damage to rest, so killing blue elites will become almost same time consuming as beating yellow ones.

3. 2pc area damage. Really this is garbage. Would change for something more useful.

4. Reflective skin. This rune is useless. Need some serious boost in order to be used. Maybe increase thorns by 20% but multiplicatively with set bonuses.

5. Boyarsky. I really don’t know what the lvl25 bonus do.

6. Heart of Iron. The bonus is just not enough to consider it good. Maybe 500% would be interesting. Strength would still give you more damage overall, but you would actually gain some good enough damage from your vitality.

7. Akarat’s Awakening. Is used only in invoker build, should roll with thorns.

First 3 points I consider mandatory.
Thanks for reading. Make Invoker great!!!

1 Like

You get a 50% damage mitigation for 20 seconds after a Bombardment. Using the Belt of the Trove auto-casts it every 8 seconds ensuring this is a permanent mitigation and means you don’t have to include the ability in your build. If your intention is that the 4-piece bonus should just be a 50% damage mitigation with zero requirement to maintain a 100% up-time on it, that’s just never going to happen.

It’s a taunt. If a mob is hitting / targeting another player and you hit it, the mob will now be forced to attack you instead of the other player.

3, 6, 7, and 8 I totally agree with. Boyarsky 25 effect should be something that extends range of thorns or taunts entire screen.

Belt of Trove isn’t mandatory for the 4-piece bonus. You can cast Bombardment yourself. With Invoker your CDR should be high enough to always cast it.

Called choices. Most builds have to make them. Your choice here is - wear a different belt and lose a skill slot? or wear Trove and not worry about your skills.

I knew guys you would not understand point about 4pc set bonus. The problem is why should u be forced to use useless spell or 7th item just to get bonus from set?

Sure, it’s not mandatory. But manually casting it means you have to have it in your selected skills. Belt of the Trove will autocast Bombardment without having the skill selected.

There’s always a tradeoff for certain things. With the belt you can have an extra skill. Manually casting Bombardment allows the use of alternative items.

Most builds have such items or requirements.

As I said, it’s a choice you have to make that a lot of other players and builds have to also make.

But why it has to be retarded spell that does not absolutely fit Invoker build at all? Why not gain reduced damage after casting provoke? It absolutely make no sense.

Well at the point where/when it was introduced, it made more sense. I believe that they were probably gonna make some more synergy with it, but due to how LoN worked at the same time, it was just more effective to run LoN bomb instead.

Nowadays, the invoker set does a lot more thorns damage itself, but it’s still plagued by point 5 you made, reflective skin. So if it had been multiplying like normal, with either that or vo´toyias spiker, then you could have some added aoe that the set is deperatly missing. And also I’m not sure, but I think bomb self cast has some interaction with the 2 piece bonus, but I may be wrong about that.

I’m assuming Barrel of Spikes or whatever that rune is was supposed to be the Area Damage for Invoker. The developers never finished the build imo.

Either way. Lots of builds have a required 7th, 8th, 9th, or even 10+ piece.

Uliana has a belt required for defense
Marauder has a belt required for defense
Raekor has a ring required for defense
Natalya has to use Rain of Vengeance for defense AND damage
Arachyr has to cast Hex for defense

u made very bad examples.
Uliana set bonuses does not have any condition
Marauder set bonuses does not have any condition
Raekor set bonuses does not have any condition
Natalya is set targeted for Rain of Vengeance skill.

It was obviously meant to be different and developers obviously didn’t finish the build as u said. Hence 4pc need to be redesigned and finished.

One specific rune is required to keep up the dr, otherwise the dr buff will run out.

The belt and the quiver are virtually essential for the set, they aren’t always used for their utility, just for boosting the set.

Raekor has no native dr on itself, thus you need this ring to survive, there’s no ifs or buts. Also, pure raekor is charging around, with charge not doing any meaningful damage, it’s only to gain stacks to use with other skills. Only ik + rae combo actually uses charge for damage.

Currently, natalya’s set isn’t using rain of vengeance for damage, at this stage it’s only to buff to gain the set multipliers.

Just cause it’s not exactly the same, doesn’t make it any less annoying, all of these builds need some sort of a trigger, some are in the rotation for damage, and some are just there to trigger effects.

is all this requirements directly written in set bonuses description as it is in 4pc invoker set? if not u wasted your time.

Natalyas is atleast, but does it really matter?

These additional items were made for these builds, hence they are the 7’th or more piece, the builds can barely function without them, or the sets need these specific skills to work, even though you may not use them.

No I didn’t.

You have to wear the belt though, just like Invoker.

You have to wear a ring though, just like how Invoker has to wear a belt.

Yet Rain of Vengeance does 1% of the damage in the build.

You have to wear a belt though just like Invoker.

Guys there is like 30 wizard sets in this game, why u don’t want one nonwizard set to be good?
It is obvbiously not finished with bombardment as a requirement, and that’s the fact. It is broken thing and i don’t care about other sets. just create your own topic if you want change them.

Actually i don’t believe any of these things will ever be implemented, not a single one. I don’t believe anything about Invoker will ever be changed. Blizzard and community care only about wizards, it is just wizard game.

I don’t want to change those sets.

I’m making a point that the 4-piece is fine because it requires a 7th item just like a dozen other sets require a 7th item.

And i say its completely off because it is not explicitly mentioned in other sets description.

I dont agree with most things on your list, but that doesn’t mean I dont want change, for me the set is mostly fine, but I want it to have more interaction with more of the thorns based items/skills.

Imo, the set is pretty stable, it has a lot of free slots for swapping around items, but since it’s additive stacking on thorns, most things around the set is limited, change that, and it opens up a whole new world for invoker.

Most things on the list have their explanation. Like c’mon you are elite hunter that can’t kill elites? What’s that nonsene? Provoke that provokes noone? Area damage that do no damage? Do we even live on same planet?