Important Invoker issues that should be fixed

It’s identical though.

Ulianas wear a belt to receive defense.
Invoker wear a belt to receive defense.

Marauder wear a belt to receive defense.

Raekor wear a ring to receive defense.

The difference is Invoker gives you the option to not have to wear the belt. Instead you can equip a skill in place of something and still get defense.

They really are identical.

I don’t know if there is a language barrier or what.

There is no language barrier, only mental barrier. Ulianas defense is not part of set bonus, it is belt with legendary power that adds defense. That is the fundamental difference. By your logic blizzard should take defense out of 4pc set and add it to belt of trove. Then it would match ulianas case. But now u are completely missing 4pc invoker bonus and blizzard would need to add new one. Understood? Either way 4pc need to be redesigned.

1 Like

Look, if you want to lose 50% Damage Reduction from Invoker, that’s on you. I prefer all my sets have some kind of defense. Otherwise they won’t last long in GR100+.

As it is right now, I’m perfectly happy having to wear a Belt to get my 50% damage reduction because it is that way for many builds.

As i mentioned trough playing Invoker:

1. 2pc bonus - useless. I’m testing when i stay in a huge density of mobs and have 25 stacks - it feels not enough, realy. Archon have unlimited stacks - that’s why everyone use it. What the problem just reject the limit here?

2. Bombs - the same, uses for 4ps def bonuse. Don’t feel any damage from it in 100+.

3. 6pc - should replase basic skill damage to thorns with benefit to %skill dmg increase + DepthDiggers + SS gem. This combo will add new brease to the set.

4. This set must be 5 or 7 pieces where one part is chest (max +thorns in sec.stats), another part is belt with the same +thorns. So we will got constructor with more ways to replase items. And the place for mixing current and future sets and new items. I want to swap mandatory Akira or BoTT (belt) for somethige else, but without losing x4 toughness what they give.

5. Bouyarky’s 25lvl SUXXX, i don’t have a words to say how crappy this bonus is.

1 Like

I don’t want to lose damage reduction from Invoker. It is mandatory. But if i need belt to have it i want proper replacement in 4pc bonus for it.

I try to explain it more simpler by correcting your statements:

Actually correct is:
Ulianas wear a belt to receive defense.
Invoker wear a belt and 4pc bonus to receive defense.

U see now that huge difference?

When Invoker was first released, it was actually quite strong since Bombardment’s Thorns rune did 200% thorns damage to all targets hit, making it incredible for AoE. Similar case with ALL the various Thorns skills and abilities. Invokers actually had fairly low single-target, but EXCELLENT AOE if they could group up everything.

However, Blizz has steadily turned Invokers into a pure ST build. Now, you do 15000% of your thorns damage on each single-target hit, meaning that pretty much all AoE you do deals… Basically nothing.

It’s really more the fact that Blizz has shown, repeatedly, that they can’t balance anything.

1 Like

Uliana does NOT have a defensive part to their set, so to have similar defensives compared to other sets, need to use an item.
Same with Marauder and Raekor.

But still it is different, because if they dont have defensive part as a set bonus, they have something else usefull as set bonus instead. Not the case with invoker.

In this case, it’s not correct.

Ulianas HAS to wear the belt to receive defense. They have no alternative.

Invoker’s does NOT have to wear the belt to receive defense, as they can alternatively manually cast Bombardment. In addition, the duration of it lasts so long that, combined with AA and the high amount of CDR that Invoker’s sports, can be kept up easily with 100% uptime.

You said yourself that Provoke feels lacking. In fact, Provoke is lacking to the point that it’s only used for Invoker’s because there really isn’t a better option. I would say that grabbing a +7% AS on belt and replacing Provoke with Bombardment might actually be a better use of a skillslot.

Try it out and see if you can top previous Invoker pushes with that change. If you can, congrats, you just discovered a new meta!

Actually that bombardment requirement pissed me off since first time i played Invoker, i hate things that does not make sense. Actually the real reason why i asked for change is that i equipped crimson set, belt of trove to cube and i miss nemesis bracers. But now i run often at the end pylon in rift. I will definitely try it in solo, but then i lose incresed hit chance from provoke and i am curious if i will be able to keep enough AA procs to have Akarat 100% uptime.
On the other hand your suggestion does not improve Invoker group play, and that is what pisses me off most.

And if using bombardment as spell will be new meta, then we need the change to bombardment itself because all 5 runes of it are completely useless to invoker build. Either way you are doomed and only devs can solve this and that’s what this thread is about.

With new Aughild set, new possibilities are opened to Invoker. I have tried an Aughild + Invoker combo and it’s good. For sure we aren’t at DH - Necro stage, but it’s enough for GR 130-135 as RGK.

One more thing. Compare just RGK builds. Does necromancer 4pc have such dumb requirement as Invoker? No because it is LoD build. Does Shadow Mantle set has such dumb requirement as 4pc Invoker? No it doesn’t.

Crimson set is just better. It adds aprox. same damage, higher damage reduction when law of valor unstopabble force is active, but adds significant amount of cooldown on top of that.

1 Like

Except Invoker also gets free Bombardments from the Belt. Which is why they are basically the same. Both combinations provide defense and a bonus.

Uliana wears a belt to get defense and they get a damage increase to SSS.

Invoker wears a belt to get defense and gets free Bombardments.

The problem is Blizzard hasn’t buffed Bombardment properly in several patches to remain relevant. It’s supposed to provide AoE damage. Blizzard just needs to buff it to be meaningful.

So as I’ve said all along. My examples are all relevant.

Please wake up, free bombardments equal exatly to big zero damage.

So, Provoke (Taunt) Forces a mob to melee you if possible. Note that in solo play, it’s more of a control/damage reduction ability then an actual damage boost - In solo play, if a mob CAN melee you, it WILL melee you. However, many mobs have NO melee attacks (Exarches, Succubi, pretty much all ranged attackers), or have such a long attack swing that they only melee you maybe once every 3-4 seconds (Most zombies). If you walk by most mobs, they will melee you, and then have to wait for whatever their melee attack timer is.

Thus, Provoke generally WON’T result in more melee hits in solo play - If mobs are in range of Provoke, they already HAVE meleed you and will continue to melee you if you are solo.

Bombardment damage needs to be increased as well as make AD proc from thorns. Belt of The Trove should natively roll Thorns as a default stat as well as AA shield. Invoker essentially being a 7 piece set with a required non-set supporting item is not unique. There is no argument that it can be improved upon though.

1 Like

You have no idea what you are talking about. Play more and gain more mechanical / game knowledge then come back.

You cant compare wiz sets to other classes. Wiz set(chant/vyr really) is currently most superior. All other class sets has limitations and needs game play to somewhat counter it. Its deliberately designed to make player “choose”.

Invoker is an elite single target build, just like freny barb, impale etc. They are ineffective against group of mobs hence you skip 5 pack blues ideally. Its not exclusive to invoker alone. At low tiers it does not matter, at high tiers you do not attempt every GR you open, rather you pick the mob / maps best suiting the build game play. This process is fishing and heavily encouraged by blizzard designers. Invoker/Impale, the idea is to fish for pure yellow maps. 12-15 + yellows. Same as Lancer solo necro.

All builds have its pigeon hole gears that offers limited to no flexibility.

Reflective gives 300% thorns on cast for duration (4s) which lines up with CoE phy 4s for burst dmg.

Boyarsky Chip taunt synergizes with I6.

Invoker has ridiculous tankiness, even dropping belt of trove still plenty of mitigation.

I play Iron Skin with Reflective Skin and I see damage boost is good (300% of Base Thorns): I don’t understand why people continue to claim this rune is bugged / useless.

Same for Heart of Iron: have you really tried to equip with decent amount of Vitality? Or do you speak only ‘cause you are allowed to see Solo players who run exclusively Solo builds?

Another fact: thoughness of Invoker is high enough to play without Aquila Cuirass and without Justice Lantern, when there is at least the monk as supporter. Then you can enrich your equipment with other items, experimenting new ways…

Before new patch was released, I used to play with Tyrael’s Might as cuirass (+20% damage on demons is a bonus you generally underestimate) and Stone of Jordan (+20% Physical and +30% Élite damage). I ensure you that even with not high paragon (<3k, ~28k Strength), it is possible (and if you know your path, comfortable) doing your role as BK in GR 120-130.

And now there is Aughild set which enlarge damage given to Élites…

The thing about reflective skin is that the thorns bonus is additive with the 2-piece bonus of invoker. So it’s not bugged, but rather the bonus doesn’t stack like it would normally. This is why reflective skin worked with LoN, because LoN was “all damage” and thorns was on a separate multiplier.

2 Likes

I am not sure to who this was targeted to, but noone would compare sets here if people would not post useless sets comparing posts.

I am aware how skipping blue elites and invoker overall plays. My proposed change was targeted to normal people. Maybe nolifers does not care if they run 100 rifts to get that one lucky that boosts them higher in leaderboards, but others don’t want to spend their lives fishing. I am not the only one that came with this idea. At least is sounds very weird that elite hunter skips elites. On the other side credit to you, there is a lot of things in this game that does not make any sense.

This rune is useless. CoE cycle or not it provides aprox. 3% dmg increase and not high burst damage as you wrote. Check it on d3planner, if u don’t believe.

How does it exactly synergize with 6pc? Elite don’t need to attack you to get that bonus.

Yes that ridiculous tankiness works maybe for 8000 paragon players. Others are pretty much dead without belt of trove.

1 Like