IMPORTANT! Copy Bug!

I was grinding 3 days in PTR looking for bugs reporting some bugs etc ,I went for walk with my dog , and miss decided to play for a while when I was away , by accident she click copy and than confirm it , well here is the thing , not only all my PTR class I made is delated but also altar of rights is gone , please fix it for me thank you !!!

Account sharing is illegal! :laughing:

5 Likes

It is my wife Lad , go to sleep obviously you are under age if you cant understand
that …

1 Like

Not a bug. That’s how PTR copy works and is intended to work.

This is a case of PEBKAC. You’ll just have to start again. Hopefully someone can give you a PLVL. Then you just need some shards for Djank and you’ll be away laughing.

Edit:
Jazz is 100% correct. Maybe instead of being abusive you should know the EULA contents you signed up to.

4 Likes

I mean, you won’t get arrested for it or anything, but you don’t own the account and can not share it under the terms of use we agree to. Not that anyone would know if someone did when it is from your house and your computer.

The exception is that you can make an account in the name of the legal parent or guardian for one minor child to play. When they turn 18 it can be transferred to their legal name with the proper documentation.

If your wife wishes to play, she needs to be on her own Battlenet account in her legal name.

As for the copy, that is not a bug. Copy over writes everything on the PTR when you copy over Live.

Working as intended.

12 Likes

I owe the game I owe the account , I’m a lawyer in UK, would you like contest my knowledge about intellectual or creative possession? I don’t care what you have in US I have purchase game on UK rights of acquisition , so get your lazy arrrrse moving and do your work instead looking for excuses to do nothing and get paid for it …

No one here works for Blizzard.
We are all just Players, even Miss Cheetah, who does not get paid and cannot fix things.
That being said, it is still not a bug. That is how PTR Copy works.

5 Likes

No, no you don’t.

P.S. I don’t work for Blizzard. MVPs are other players, not Blizzard staff.

If you were a lawyer, you would bother to read the terms. You don’t own your Bnet account nor do you own the game, or any items in it. You bought a license to access a game on Blizzard’s servers providing you follow the policies.

Link to the EULA for the EU.

With the sole exception of the Licensors’ Games, Blizzard is the owner or licensee of all right, title, and interest in and to the Platform, including the Games that are produced and developed by Blizzard (“Blizzard Games”), Custom Games derived from a Blizzard Game, Accounts, and all of the features and components thereof. The Platform may contain materials licensed by third-parties to Blizzard, and these third-parties may enforce their ownership rights against you in the event that you violate this Agreement. The following components of the Platform (which do not include content or components of the Licensors’ Games), are owned or licensed by Blizzard:

1. All virtual content appearing within the Platform, including the Blizzard Games, such as:
  2. Visual Components: Locations, artwork, structural or landscape designs, animations, and audio-visual effects;
  3. Narrations: Themes, concepts, stories, and storylines;
  4. Characters: The names, likenesses, inventories, and catch phrases of Game characters;
  5. Items: Virtual goods, such as digital cards, currency, potions, weapons, armor, wearable items, skins, sprays, pets, mounts, etc.;
  6. All data and communications generated by, or occurring through, the Platform;
  7. All sounds, musical compositions, recordings, and sound effects originating in the Platform;
  8. All recordings, Game replays, or reenactments of in-game matches, battles, duels, etc.;
  9. Computer code, including but not limited to “Applets” and source code;
  10. Titles, methods of operation, software, related documentation, and all other original works of authorship contained in the Platform;
  11. All Accounts, including the name of the Account and any Battle Tags associated with an Account. All use of an Account shall inure to Blizzard’s benefit. Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift, or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void and may result in the forfeiture of the Account;
  12. All Moral Rights that relate to the Platform, including Custom Games derived from a Blizzard Game, such as the right of attribution, and the right to the integrity of certain original works of authorship; and
  13. The right to create derivative works, and as part of this Agreement, you agree that you will not create any work based on the Platform, except as expressly set forth in this Agreement or otherwise by Blizzard in certain contest rules, Blizzard’s Fan Policies, or addenda to this Agreement.

–

The PTR copy is not bugged. It is SUPPOSED to replace everything on the PTR when you copy over your Live account.

You made a mistake and that is unfortunate, but it is not a bug.

17 Likes

That was really uncalled for, you know.
It was your mistake, not Blizzard’s.
In the immortal words of Jiminy Cricket, “You buttered your bread. Now, lie in it!”

2 Likes

Read Yourself again , there is nothing about time investment and Game progression , Bent is the name of the service , ACTi vison Blizzard is name of company that is managing my intellectual creative property as game progression , you still have something else to say , please be quiet I hate when people quote things that they don’t even understand … now you make me thing you are one of that small minded unfulfilled in real life person that try to intervene and invest themselves in matters that do NOT ! include them , have yourself a love day lass GN

You don’t own that. If you think you do, feel free to read the EULA and have your lawyers contact their lawyers. The info is in there. You can also reference the Legal link at the bottom of the website.

Have fun!

4 Likes

Can you really be that upset about progression in PTR?
In a few days, all of our so-called ‘accomplishments’ will disappear.
You allowed someone access to your account and she overwrote the PTR by copying.
Nothing anyone can do about that.
This is a domestic issue, not a legal issue or a Game Bug.

8 Likes

What’s really sad is, this is NOT even the Live game. It’s the Public Test Realm.

@yessquire beat me to the post.

Yeah. You’re a lawyer. Sue your wife.  

11 Likes

No . I just don’t understand why people that have nothing to do with service I am using trying to interject themselves to situation ? Do you ? Can you read My First post? Is it targeted at MVPs or Service users? No to all above . It is tagged to Bizz as of Bizz employees. So I would appreciate that MVP’s or service users without even having right to do so or appropriate knowledge stop interjecting them selves to matters that don’t involve them , I want answer from Bizz or ACTi vison Blizzard Spokesman/Employee not you guys , why you are even here , you not testing new Op season them … Sheesh!!! I hate when people bring out my dark sarcastic ways of dealing with them …

Blizzard never answers in Bug Reports.
If QA team determines that there is a Bug, they will try to reproduce it and fix later.
I refer you to the Sticky: How to write a good Bug Report.
PTR Copy Overwrite is NOT a Bug.
Edit: This must be your first time in PTR. Copy has always worked like that.

5 Likes

So you have nothing real to say and resort to really silly insults?

You won’t get one.

Because the forums are for players to discuss the games with other players. QA does read the Bug report forums but rarely responds unless they need more information.

There is no bug here. Hence there is nothing for QA to do. The PTR copy is working as it is intended to work.

YOU are the one at fault here for Live copy happening for the consequences. Have fun leveling up a new Season char for testing.

Nothing on the PTR will copy back to Live either. It is only for testing.

9 Likes

OMG. You are so Rude!
We try to help and explain and you lash out with Ad Hominem attacks.
I doubt that a Judge/Magistrate would approve of that in your stated Profession.

3 Likes

You should probably stop assuming. It is certainly causing you issues tonight.

• You assumed PTR copy was bugged when it is not.
  • You assumed your spouse was allowed on your Battlenet account, when they are not.
  • You assumed ages, vaccination status, lifestyles, etc.
  • You assumed that Blizzard replies to the Bug Report forums. QA reads, they do not reply, esp when something is not a bug.

To correct your mistaken assumptions. Hopefully so that you don’t make the same mistakes again with PTR copy or account access.

:woman_shrugging:

16 Likes

Suspect this “lawyer” is not practicing in England given their low literacy on display.

Block the fool and mute the thread. They’ve been given an answer multiple times now and have refused to accept it or the additional explanation about account sharing… Don’t worry MissC, the regulars know who you are.

7 Likes

From what others have stated regarding progress through PTR, it should take about 3 Nephelam Rifts to have infinite supplies, since one can get a bag for 50 shards that contains the Challenge Rift which has more shards and such. That’s like… probably half an hour, maybe one full hour. Once you can get the infinite, anything else is just “meh” since it is nothing more than a grocery list of fetch quest turn-ins.

There really is no progress in PTR. It is absolutely about testing. Especially considering nothing you do in PTR has any lasting consequences - you receive nothing permanently, no flag, no award, no paragon, gold or items, etc., when the PTR ends.

Heck, if I were doing PTR and it reset I’d probably consider that a benefit as it would allow me to try the track in a different light and see if I could do it faster, or more interestingly.