If you want personal loot go private

Okay but what if I want timed random-assigned loot, and to play in a public game?

3 Likes

Um, well it’s not something in D2:R… So I guess uhhmmm…
:musical_note: You can’t always get what you want. But if you try sometime you find, you get what you need. :musical_note:

9 Likes

Oh. Well that’s why people are talking about adding it to the game. The fact that it is not a feature right now is not an argument against adding it.

3 Likes

I want timed random assigned loot in my private game too so I can’t pick all the good items and leave game before I have a chance to see what dropped.

So setting the allotted time to i.e. 10 seconds would be too long for you to pick up items before you quit the game?

Once again your advocating for an anti cheat.

At the end of the day if you don’t get gear its ok.

1 Like

Just because they are faster, it doesn’t make them a cheater.
It is not your loot just because you are in a game when it drops.

6 Likes

90% of the online servers are bots (stated recently by the D2 streamer Ginger Gaming Mentor ) in the current state of D2.

Maybe, just maybe, we should wait until the actual game comes out? Because you know, different Battle.net and all that stuff and after that your Ginger gamer can reassess the situation.

Rhykker is right and I also think a time allocated personal loot option would be a great feature to help fix this issue in D2R. Additionally, World of Warcraft retail and especially classic currently have the biggest botting issue in an MMO and they are paid subscription based and on the same Battle dot net as D2R, so how will bots in D2R be greatly diminished?

You should want Blizzard to fight botting rather than asking for private loot. Also, even if bots exist, it is very clear to see they are bots. Why dont you create a public non bot game and play with others? :slight_smile:

Explain why both can’t be done at the same time.

This is effectively a non answer.

We’re talking about public games and drops.

2 Likes

And in D2 Resurrected 3.8% of players will consider thinking of botting. Stated by Asmongold

What do you think (based on Blizzard’s history) is a more realistic approach to preventing the stealing of loot from legitimate players in public multiplayer games?:

1. Removing all bots and pickit players from the game
    or
  2. Adding a personal loot option
1 Like

LoL allocate loot with a timer so we all sit around for 10 seconds on a hack and slash game.

Sounds stupid.

1 Like

Not sure it works that way. It’s like saying, if you don’t want changes, that game already exist. Go play the original D2.

1 Like

The timer could be set to a couple of seconds. That seems like it would be enough.

1 Like

That doesnt make it personal loot.

But it would be a decent compromise to have Timed Allocation Loot as a toggle only in private games.

It seems like a fair amount of anti-Plooters would be okay with that.
Alternatively, only in non-ladder. Also some who would be more happy with that.

I still would’ve loved for D2 to encourage multiplayer a little more by having a way where you wouldn’t have those that wouldn’t contribute to the party’s effort. Those ones using click bots to pick up the gear faster than what a human being can do. Then those getting ganked by those that are much higher level and way better geared.

Having private games or games only with others you know well that won’t do that sort of stuff is a solution. But not the one that says open multiplayer is for everyone. No, it is only for everyone that doesn’t mind those things.

1 Like