If Diablo 4 does not have player trading, I won't be buying it - Long time gamer and fan

I want other class items to drop too, so that feeling of getting a great item you need comes back. We didn’t quite get to that point in Diablo 3, but we were close, if you can remember that feeling of finding an Echoing Fury, or Mempo of Twilight/Lacuni Prowlers with crit hit chance.

We have a mystic to correct incorrect main stat

You still can have items for other classes in D3. There’s always a 15% chance the item dropped is for another class. Maybe the percentage could be higher but that’s no excuse to get rid of one of the better features of D3 itemization.

They need to make all loot meaningful again. I want the possibility of finding that magic or rare item that outshines legendary items. Remember finding a 40% enhanced damage cruel colossus blade or a godly rare ring or amulet?

That kind of stuff needs to find a way back into the game so it’s not just an auto salvage game

1 Like

I’m not saying remove the itemization fix so that barb items only roll strength as a main stat. I’m saying let all items fall again, regardless of who they are for.

Again, this is all ideas for Diablo 4.

Yes you said. That’s one of the key aspects of smart loot. You said you wanted to remove smart loot which means all items roll completely randomly again, like barb items having Int instead of Str.

Smart loot makes class specific loot and other loot as well class specific but does not lock you out from loot for different class.

But I do agree all loot should become once again meaningful and not instasalvage.

This is a very good point and I agree 100%.

If D4 can grab a lot of what PoE has in terms of the trading and currency, as well as greatly improve the feeling of rewards when killing bosses, it would be a massive win for us, the gamers!

1 Like

Smart loot was one of the best improvements D3 made in my opinion.

4 Likes

Smart loot is one of the design choices to counter measure lack of trading. Whether they keep it or not, purely dependent on if there’s an economy or not.

1 Like

daft punk confirmed soundtrack in d4

First of all having D3’s type of itemization along with character progression and infinite difficulty wouldn’t support trading. We need the following to happen.

1.) Limited difficulties: No more adding torments to keep up with power creep. Where your power has a definite end.
2.) Better character progression: Here making decisions on how you spend your points into skills and attributes is what makes your build. Instead of gear making your build as it does in this game.
3.) A better itemization system: Where gear only enhances your build. Also different tiers bring different things to the table. Each type of gear from white to uniques and in between might totally change how you play build A. Also making sure that there are alternatives to BiS gear is important as well. Alternatives that are easier to find or maybe in some cases craft.

Doing the above would pave the way for trading to be possible.

Smart loot system depends on whether or not you have a definite main stat. If there is no definite main stat then you don’t need to worry about smart loot as far as main stat goes. Now as far as classes getting other class gear goes well that is okay if you don’t mind taking what appears to be a very, very, long time to get the gear you want for your character.

Now as far as trading goes I agree with Brevik that stated a while back in an interview that some items should be able to be traded freely without restriction. Then other items can be traded but have restrictions. Then some items should never be open to trading.

This is something that would depend on the itemization system. If you have bows that can roll stats for let’s say a wizard or sorceress class which will never be able to use a bow or it wouldn’t look right for them to use a bow then I think that some form of smart loot would be fine.

Sorry but the only Lacunis I saw where two Lacuni Kittens. Both had no main stat or crit chance. The rare bracers that I had on were way better than those Lacunis. Now if I needed it for a speed build that didn’t depend on damage then I would’ve been fine using them for a speedy build. But that wasn’t the case back then.

Also there will be a time when you will see the majority of your items that you find are junk. This is when you are near perfect gear for your build. You will never find a time in any game where you will constantly get upgrades at the same pace you did before reaching anywhere near level cap.

Smart loot is terrible. So many legendaries raining down and there’s no need for an mf character. Sucks.

1 Like

Gosh, if I don’t like a game I play something else.

Strange concept.

You and some others seem to think that as long as something is possible without trading, then trading isn’t affecting you.

Which is false.

All you have to do is look at classic D3 for evidence. Was it possible to not use the AH and gear up? Sure. Were you able to do it in a timely manner in a way feasible for most players? Definitely not.

Last time I checked, using your brain didn’t affect drop rates. Nor is “not being lazy” equivalent to “doesn’t want to keep track of a virtual trade market.”

As far as specific items go… that rather depends on design. D3 had to bypass its own RNG by raising drop rates because getting specific items is required to get past the lower difficulties.

That’s not the only way to do things though. In Grim Dawn it’s pretty difficult to get some drops and crafting the best relics takes a long time. And all of that is fine, because you don’t need specific items just to make a build function.

Which is exactly what I don’t want to happen in a future Diablo game - an artificial handicap because you don’t use trading.

1 Like

At what level of play though? If you’re trying to crack the top 50 on the leaderboard then gearing up is way harder. Sure legs rain down from the sky but getting one with optimal stats becomes more important the further you push and certain builds can be very challenging to gear for if you’re wanting to push. If your playing casually though and don’t care about the leaderboard I agree with you.

As far as trading in future d4 I personally hope that there’s either a SSF league with a drop rate increase or the trading is limited. D2 was rampant with bots due to its unrestricted trade and the extremely low drop rates of some essential high runes basically meant that 99% of the enigmas running around came from either duped items or botted items somewhere down the chain.

2 Likes

Your assumptions are correct, I’m speaking about average players. Although I don’t find it too difficult to get a full set of ancients. I’m sure the top 50 have difficulty with that last little bit to get them over the top.

Please don’t give false information about Diablo 2 again, and you are welcome for correcting your false information about Diablo 2. This response doesn’t require another redirectional reply. Simply stop with you ignorance about the game.
Thank you.

1 Like

Using your brain is required for success when gear that enables mindless face tanking doesn’t litter the ground with minimal effort.

PoE has the economy with the most depth that I know of in the genre. “Keeping track of it’s virtual market “ consists of a search that takes seconds and either A. I will buy the cheapest of the items available that works for me or B. I will sell my item for 10-20% lower than what appears to be market value using asking prices. If you cant handle that for a few trades a season then yes you are lazy. Item tiers and basic sensible analysis of item affixes should give anyone but the greatest of morons the ability to grade item value.

Everything else you said about D3, items needing less relative power and other games ability to create better itemization is of course correct.

I think most of the opposition to trade is rooted in jealousy of those most capable of taking advantage of it.

3 Likes

What a dumb comment.
Personally I don’t care what you trade in game, but if it effects
my drop rate, or finding items, then cram it.

5 Likes

Don’t bother, he hasn’t even played the game in 3+ years, just comes here to troll.

3 Likes