I was against Ploot. I changed my mind

But you know the best part? You’re not getting what you want, so, get with the program.

1 Like

Are people still reading Boutus posts :rofl:

2 Likes

You clearly are lol, try running what you want to say by your brain before you type it.

After Rod’s tweet a few days ago to Anon, more discussion about the loot system will be coming post launch.

1 Like

I was just surprised people actually responded to Broutus who’s on the forum 24/7, spreading purist dumb takes

2 Likes

Here is Rod’s tweet confirming that ploot will not be in D2R, now, get with the program, play D3 or wait for D4, simple as that.

The various Brevik quotes have been shared on the D2R forum probably 100 times already.

The Venture Beat article is linked about future of D2R.

Broutus, Rod has a new tweet from September 16 to Anon.

Matters VERY little.

Remember, a discussion involves both sides. Nobody is giving up the anti-ploot stance. And I will argue against it 2 years from now too.

Sadly for you it’s a remaster and not a remake so. Must be so hard to can’t get what you want. You’ll learn to deal with it some day. Don’t worry. For now tell your mommy that you’ll have to wait to D4 to get ploot system cos the D2R’s aunts and uncles didn’t listened your crying and shut the door off your face.

lol it’s obvious were not going to stop because I made that mistake a long time ago. By not being on the forums they changed Diablo 2 for the worse when they upgraded to 1.10 by adding all this stupid crap to the game. Some of it might have been for the better but all of it at the same time was certainly not welcome to the game at the time. Especially when the implementation broke half of the systems in the game because of the values being too high. Pre 1.10 we certainly didn’t have the fire enchanted bug that’s for sure. Since it’s not actually a bug. The game is working as intended it’s just using their ridiculous values.

The least they can do is fix the crappy loot system so that it actually encourages people to play together. Unless you actually think the PK issues are for no reason at all.

Literally every problem with the community of the game can be explained by FFA Loot. It is the cause of all of it. If you improved it just slightly so everyone had a equal chance to get loot. Then it both eliminates cheaters and gives more reasons for people to play nice together unless they actually want to pvp.

It’s really just a win/win. 99% of the garbage that drops on the ground won’t be picked up anyway. The Loot allocation means nothing to the game in general. It certainly doesn’t improve the game being the way it is though. I’d rather a system that encourages everyone to actually help kill the bosses and not just stand near the boss so they get the loot first.

Ya all of my information came from David Brevik himself. Creative Director was his role which means he knows the full story of literally everything that ever went into the game or was planned to go into the game. He also explains why a lot of the dumb things no one likes about the game were added.

Except Stamina he kinda forgot about why they added that one. I think it was done solely for PvP though so that you couldn’t full speed dodge stuff forever.

2 Likes

Ploot would mean that I am going to play the whole game alone, not only farm. Plenty of people? You mean the 6 guys spamming the forums?
Reasons why ploot will stimulate people to play solo?
-If 20 items drop, from which 1 stone of jordan, the players would have to rely on an rng system for the SOJ to fall in his/her hands. I prefer not putting my loot in the hands of a secondary RNG system after finally getting lucky from the first one.
-If they make it so each player gets the regular drop rate = the market will be flooded with too many items aka the multi end-game is going to be broken.

Are you trying to say that with ploot, you can join someones game and even though they do not party with you, you can walk behind them and be eligible to take away their drops? That is just dumb.

In FFA games currently, a player who is not in your party can take good drops.

4 Likes

but you at least have a chance to click on the items before them, in ploot scenario, they take a fraction of the drops no matter what.

Of course. Same as FFA. If you dont want them there, turn hostile and kill them. Or move away from them.

1 Like

Maybe and maybe not. It depends on multiple factors such as differential ping, where you are, where they are, where the drop is, and “clicking” speed.

3 Likes

you at least have a chance to click on the items before them, in ploot scenario, they take a fraction of the drops no matter what.

Actually that’s not how it would work. You would need to be in the same party or you wouldn’t get the experience necessary to get loot to begin with. Since getting experience would be necessary to get loot in this system. Which you would even if you were max level.

So naw Ploot is pretty much perfect in any way from any possible complaints one might have. Feel free to ask more if you misunderstand what kind of system it is.

1 Like

That is not true. If you are on the wrong side of differential ping that item will be gone before it appears on your screen.

3 Likes

Then don’t try to play D2 on a calculator?