I was against Ploot. I changed my mind

To start off. I am fine with Ploot or FFA loot. Before I was very against it and thought it would be ridiculous. What made me change my mind? I was thinking about what I wanted to do in Diablo two resurrected when it comes out and of course which farming spots I’d want to hit the most. what dawned on me is I was never planning on farming with other players. Being that the items I’m after are kind of rare like high runes and obviously the most desirable stuff like SOJ and arachnid mesh it would be kind of a waste to go through 1000 runs and end up having someone random in my party take it. I say random because I don’t have a dedicated group of friends to play with. So I’ll most likely be playing with random online players. Which I have no problem with. the reason I’m now perfectly fine with personal loot is because I’ll be more likely to farm online with other people rather than doing several thousand runs alone.

Edit: Removed Suggestion for how Ploot could work differently because it was being used the hijack the actual point Im trying to make. Which is to encourage farming in groups with Ploot.

TL;DR Farming alone gets boring.

36 Likes

I think no one cares. P.S. Farming alone is not boring.

24 Likes

I care. Plenty of people are asking for Ploot. Just putting it out there most people farm alone. Ploot would mean we could farm together.

11 Likes

Then don’t farm alone.

17 Likes

It’s less efficient.

4 Likes

Ploot is the least efficient system you could advocate for.

19 Likes

Not true. More players = more MF and faster runs.

6 Likes

Is true, under ploot, you kill Baal, Baal drops five items, three of which are only blue, that means one person got the unique, one person got the set item, three people got blue magic items and three people got… nothing.

You don’t know how much MF a person will have, they might have zero MF for all you know.

More people in a game doesn’t always mean faster.

12 Likes

Boutus, you get more MF which each new player in the game. And I already suggested the drops could be the same. Its just Baal drops 4 of the same items for everyone.

More players means more damage and Auras and tele so yeah it is typically faster and more fun to farm together.

1 Like

You know that, what people for ploot on this forum want, is not what you just said you wanted.

So everyone gets the sword? Typo?

Lets hyper inflate the economy lol.

11 Likes

No, you don’t, Magic Find (MF) has nothing to do with the number of players in a game, sure, monsters get harder and can drop better things, but increased magic find is a stat on an item.

9 Likes

If players are not in physical proximity, there is a bonus (drop/no drop chance) for being in a party. As such, you can imagine a cbaal run. One player could run Baal who can carry that content alone while the rest do the Chaos Sanctuary. That Baal player would get a multiplayer bonus and all the Baal drops would be his without competition.

3 Likes

Does Magic Find work for the whole party?

No, the +MF is calculated just for the character who gets the final hit in. So if you are playing with a friend and one of you has 300% MF and the other has none, be sure the one with the +MF gets the final hit in, especially on Bosses.

Know what you’re talking about before saying it, otherwise you’re only making yourself look foolish.

24 Likes

Can you explain the Forums Version of Ploot to this man. He thinks its everyone gets everything, aka a copy of all things that drop, not drops allocated to different people.

But if the loot is the same just each player gets the same thing then doesn’t that solve that? Plus it can always be tweaked for everyone. Its not a hard change.

More players means higher hit points and attack power for enemies.

3 Likes

Who am I supposed to be explaining ploot to?

1 Like

The copy idea is something Im suggesting. Im very aware how it works in d3

the OP, he thinks Diablo will drop copies of all the items for each person in the game, Like D3.

2 Likes

No, it doesn’t, what a horrendously bad loot system, where everyone holds hands and gets the same items.

6 Likes