I got bored with the season. Am I alone?

That is not my complaint. My complaint is that I got bored. That is it.

But to your point: Maybe your definition of endgame is different than mine? I have never complained that I finish the season journey in a week or so. That is not the end game for me. My end game is to break my personal record for solo GR, which last season was 127. But this season, I am just not that interested in putting in the time to level up gems and paragon. Maybe I just need a break from the game. Maybe the season did not provide enough difference than non-season? It is possible that the developers screwed the pooch on that one. No one is perfect.

I skipped it altogether this season and have been having a blast in NS playing my overpowered builds, trying new builds and perfecting my builds. The fact that this season didn’t have a theme made the decision easy. I do anticipate future seasons possibly having certain new items emanate that don’t in NS, which could be cool. We’ll see!

2 Likes

Actually I’ve enjoyed playing various legendaries and combinations on my followers, there are many pieces that don’t work, but I have found many that do. You can get some cool power boost that aren,t even listed. The reason you do’t enjoy this season because you are thinking too one dimensional, there are secrets in the followers that haven’t been discussed.

1 Like

Thanks for breaking it down. I am sure you are right. At least I am sure you think you are right.

The follower stuff is cool. It’s not a season theme though. It’s a game-wide change. Welcome, for sure, but…

Anyways, the main reason I haven’t played as much is the multiplayer performance issues with firebird. It pretty much wrecks the game. The hard freezes are gone now but it still spins around doing nothing a lot while the calculations catch up.

The only way to salvage the season would be to have a cool second half boost.

1 Like

Hey Apache. The performance issues have been a real pain. If you’re interested in tweaking your settings a bit I have a previous post in which I explained how to set it up. This is the post:

So for the record, the drawback of syncing your frames to your refresh rate will be that in those high load times you will see a very slight but bearable input delay. If you want a hard solve this is totally worth it.

You’ll also want to do the following:

Power Management Mode: Max Performance
Texture Filtering - Quality: High Performance
Threaded Optimization: On
Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Optimization: On

Now I mind you that if you put your in game settings to relatively low and adjust the majority of these settings, you’ll see a very nice increase in performance and a decrease in the problems you’re experiencing. In particular, settings which put more strain on your graphics card might not need to be lowered, and you can hover over the settings in game for an explanation of that, in fact. As you said, the problem is mainly caused by the high amount of calculations.

You can also optionally open task manager, right click on the Diablo Process, and set priority to High which might help with the calculation strain.

Lastly, you can actually possibly leave Negative LOD Bias on (allow) instead of Clamp and leave [Vertical Sync] Off, and all of those settings very possibly might eliminate the problem without causing the input delay.

Also, if you play in full screen make sure your [Background FPS] is at least around 20 so when you minimize then maximize you don’t experience any issues, which seem to manifest if this is too low.

Give it a try if you need a solve with aforementioned issues. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks, I have a feeling the issues are more server related. I got this PC a few months ago. Geforce 3060, 32 gigs ram, I even have a swanky G-sync monitor. I run the game at max settings for everything. In every other circumstance there is zero lag on my end. Only time it starts to spin into the crapper is when I’m playing with firebird wizards.

1 Like

Right there is that issue too! I didn’t really read into your last statement enough to be able to discern that.

What I’ve heard is that some of the servers are older and can’t handle the calculations in 4P game when too many people have area damage and such. You could always have everyone take all area damage off if you want a hard solve there.

It’s also simply a matter of luck since you probably have noticed that sometimes you’re fine whereas other times not so much. You might be on a good server, you might be on a crappy one.

I’m definitely familiar with said issue, as well. It’s nice that you’re no longer having client problems, considering many of us still are. It’d be great to get a new PC!

I remember someone telling me about an application supposedly being made to flag bad servers and tell you if you’re on one, although I don’t really remember what it was called. That would be great to have, for this issue in particular!

1 Like

Probably my lowest seasonal paragon output since S9. Played to Guardian in HC in day 2 and has not logged on since. Totally forget to clean my item mail from previous season as well, i guess that is gone too.

2 Likes

Never played season after forced to season for max stashtabs.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this. Game is playing creamy smooth. :heart:

1 Like

I really enjoyed the extra cube slot last season…after that everything else seems …meh.

4 Likes

That was a generalization Jammur, I wasn’t referring to you specifically.

Every season gets boring after a while.

Not bored per se as I am just put off this season. Smashed thru Guardian and wanted to settle in for the paragon grind and do some stuff to help my friend but I dunno what it is… this season?

Just seems like every rift and grift is poison cloud zombie dogs and molten explosions and every other leet affix designed to prevent movement OR it’s filled with off screen instakill leet affixes and just…

I tried to get into this season. Really love the follower buffs… the … Frustrate User Code seems to have been dialed to 10,000 this season however and fine. You win. You made it unfun. So I won’t play.

slow clap

1 Like

I have to say that I’m looking forward to next season, even though that’s quite a ways away. They’ll work out some kinks with the new follower system, maybe possibly add some more emanate abilities, and the next season theme will include the now permanent follower system. Maybe they’ll come up with another game-changing idea and make things real interesting.

Although this season essentially lacks a theme as the change was game-wide, that’s not necessarily a bad thing. This was anything but typical.

i hope end soon this season communities are empty meta runs so boring and slow dont make this mistake to leave the game w/o trash killer anymore

I still don’t quite grasp why people play seasons to begin with. We all have perfectly good regular characters to play. Is it for the leaderboard? It’s still the same thing as non-season though. The players that will play 15 to 20 hours a day or whatever insane amount of time will have more paragon levels than the casual players and therefore will be higher on the LB.

I just don’t get it. I only did this season to get the extra stash space. Once I got it, I stopped.

Sadly, because of seasons, non-season is all crickets. It’s mostly dead. Which just sucks.

Two reasons for me

1. Most of the others play season
  2. The fresh start. It’s nicer to grind items I can realistically get, compared to grinding several months for one marginally better item. This reason is valid for 1st month of season for me. After 1 month it of course it’s basically same as non-season, just a couple of levels lower (or like season 22 a couple of levels higher)

Leaderboard is not related from my side. I sometimes like to get myself somewhere at the solo leaderboards. But I don’t see any difference whether I do this in season or non-season.

You’re bored of Diablo 3? Something must be wrong with you. You should probably go see a doctor.

I still play season only for the mid-season buff.
As a casual player, the character needs to be strong enough to effectively earn buffed stuff.
Just hoping double bounty bonus,!