I got bored with the season. Am I alone?

I have been playing every season for a few years now, and each season, until this season, I have played more and more.

This season, it just has not caught my attention like previous seasons. Maybe I do need some theme that makes things different than non-season? I dunno.

Anyway, I was just wondering. Am I the only one feeling this about season 23?

14 Likes

I had the season finished in the first week, now I just play around looking for a few things.

1 Like

I was bored with this season before it even started.

13 Likes

No, I don’t get bored doing the same thing and starting over from scratch every few months and doing the same things over again.
No, I don’t get bored doing the same thing and starting over from scratch every few months and doing the same things over again.

Come to think of it, yeah it is very repetitive isn’t it?

5 Likes

This sums up most seasons to be honest.

1 Like

I’m on the same boat, I usually enjoy seasons and grind for many hours but this season is just “meh”.

2 Likes

I stopped playing season 23 after I completed the seasonal journal, which I think took me about 2 weeks or less.

Now I am playing at non-seasonal.

1 Like

Having quit Diablo over and over again since launch, I understand the sentiment. It’s really a matter of interest and motivation.

Personally, this season opened up a lot of options for my build and I have been having fun with it. I’m still pushing and leveling gems for that power boost and it has been interesting so far experimenting with gear.

I’m sure I’ll get bored after I have a full set of augmented ancients and I’ve pushed as far as I think I can, which is probably the point at which all people who are pushing GR get bored ang give up. That’s the norm.

Hopefully D.I. releases some time soon, it works on an emulator, and it’s good enough to replace D3 until D4. That’s my plan, if it works out.

1 Like

U prolly not the only one. Seem to be one of the least popular seasons so far. Alot of ppl wanted a theme. Wouldnt say mid season nerf helped out either. Lets hope for the next one

2 Likes

Yes, it is fairly repetitive. After getting the new cosmetics, I assign myself other goals. Currently, I want to get a Legendary Gem to rank 100, which I have never done. I have two at 98 but, if possible, I’d like to get them both to 100 at the same time. It likely won’t happen as I can’t do a 115.

Other than that, little silly RNG things like getting special transmogs from bosses or finally finding Ebenezer Samuel (without actually hunting them) has been enjoyable. I don’t plan on it, but nice when it happens.

1 Like

You are wrong. Even in 99GR there is a 60% chance to up gem. And this around a fair 60% by my observations. So no need 115th ge for 100th gems

1 Like

No, I am not wrong.

If the first one gets the +1, the chance the next one will drops to 50%. If that succeeds, the next is at 40%, and then 30%.

Odds all four at those rates are successful are not good…

I didn’t say it could not happen. But, statistically, it is not likely to occur in a single GR.

GR 109 will allow you to level gems to rank 100 with 100% chance. No need for 115.

2 Likes

As someone who plays almost exclusively HC solo this season has been a blast. While the companions still hit monsters like wet noodles they actually provide real benefit with things like Death Breath drop rate and Nemesis bracers. Oh, and Wizards FINALLY got a long overdue upgrade with Firebirds. I enjoyed the climb this season so much I did it again on the Asia server and have almost finished it a third time on Europe.

4 Likes

Since non season is already the same I guess most player feels like this. They should have upgraded non-season follower when this season ends to keep it interesting.
But what about playing non season and hunting for archivements or cosmetics as personal goals?

1 Like

season started, i logged in, then i logged out. meh

1 Like

Not that I got bored but once I do the season journey I have nothing else to look forward too…I usually just play the first couple of weeks each season just to see the changes and get the rewards then I’m done till next season

1 Like

With 60% chance it’s easy to get gems to 100 by doing GR 99s.

1 Like

Yeah, I tried out the FB set on SC, got to GR100 and decided I really don’t like it, so I switched to HC Barb and really enjoying it. Getting on the leaderboards for several sets too.

1 Like

You’re not alone but I find a lot of players on this season.

You can stop to play this season if you want and play NS.

3 Likes