I don't care for the ancient legendary

How the OP wants to play isn’t how I want to play, but that’s absolutely fine, and we’re both right. It’s a bit like if they said their favourite ice-cream flavour was chocolate and I said mine was Strawberry. There’s no wrong answer to what the best flavour is, because it’s a subjective opinion thing, not a fact-based objective answer.

However, when posting here, creating a thread saying how they’re playing, they can’t expect people to not comment on it. They put it out there, specifically for the attention.

3 Likes

10/10 hahaha. I love a bit of cheese i do.

Yes that is right and it is fine to have your opinion. But the name calling is what is wrong here.

2 Likes

And you’ll probably have someone reply to you, saying that them calling you a troll (using the term as an insult instead of a description) was done because they were “just trying to hlep” or some other rationalization.

I maintain my stance, just put them on your block list.

Good luck to them i say.

Came to think of something:

Sticks and stones may break my bones
But words shall never hurt me.

From Wikipedia: The rhyme is used as a defense against name-calling and verbal bullying, intended to increase resiliency, avoid physical retaliation, and/or to remain calm and indifferent.

Whoever coined that phrase, clearly never existed literally anywhere within society.

Words are literally THE most dangerous thing, at all times and at any given moment. A single word can either end a life, or save one. Or irrevocably alter the course of one.

And where you touch one life, you touch countless more, butterfly-effect style. Words are profound. Sticks and stones can be dodged but at worst, they only affect the mortal coil. Words extend beyond.

Dimlhugion, your words really hurt me so much…
Well, they don’t, or maybe just my sense of logic.
The meaning of the saying is exactly to teach people that they should remain calm and resilient when being provoked with words (and maybe also with actions and gestures too).

How about; Whoever coined the phrase: “Words are literally THE most dangerous thing” clearly never existed literally anywhere within society.

1 Like

That’s the only thing that’s relevant though.

1 Like

Yeah, “The election was rigged” absolutely didn’t do any damage at all…

/sarcasm

We’re getting into politics, which isn’t allowed here. Anyway in what you are referring to it was actually the actions that did the damage.

Politics or not, it’s an example of words doing damage. The words spurred the actions.

Additionally, not even talking about the insurrection itself, those words damage the idea of democracy. So, it is incorrect to claim that “words do no harm”.

Words can be far more damaging to things far grander than an individual. And yet, without the spoken word to spur it on we can say that things like the murder of Nex Benedict in a high school bathroom in Oklahoma wouldn’t have happened.

Edit:

But since apparently, you’re trying to get me banned for “bringing in politics”. How 'bout I go further tell you how a book (a collection of words) written around 1200 years ago about a time 2000 years ago still damages society today.

Nah, better not…lol

Sorry to say, words themselves don’t do any damage (in rare cases you may damage your vocal cords or the hearing of other people). People can protest, march and chant all day long without anyone getting hurt. It’s the actions (and reactions) that cause damage.

1 Like

Factually false.

Question: How does one express harmful ideas without physical assaults?

A: Words, hence words do damage. No you might say, the idea is the problem but without the words to express the harmful idea, then harmful actions wouldn’t follow.

But beyond that, this “everyone’s who doesn’t agree with me is a groomer” is dangerous whether you want to admit it or not.

Not because wasting time or anything lol, where did that come from? It’s more that people who enjoy provoking strangers(AKA trolls who try to get a rise out of people online)deserve more than threats.

Cruelty and pain have always been the only things that upholds human goodness, so I don’t know why you would shudder. You think any semblance of order would exist in the world without armed police and brutal prison systems?

So, we’re just going to pretend that police or “brutal prison systems” don’t do damage to whole swaths of society? I mean, when you consider that the US has a quarter of worlds entire prison population and the vast majority of them are minorities. And yet to hear people talk we’re overwhelmed in crime. Doesn’t seem like the police and “brutal prison system” is much of a deterrent, does it?

Without the promise of pain, crime rate would be 100%, instead of whatever it currently is in each given state lol. That’s why the conclusion is that the deterrent of a punitive legal system is still working. And whether or not it is minorities in prisons make 0 difference, as long as those who do bad things suffer, it is working.

It does make a difference when “justice” isn’t even handed. When justice isn’t blind then it’s just a tool to keep people down and lifts nobody.

Edit:

Unless you’re arguing that every crime should be a capital crime, your argument makes no sense.

Oh, your assumption is that there are minorities in prison because they are wrongly convicted. I didn’t realize we’re still stuck on that juvenile idea lol. You need to wake up and smell the coffee, man. They’re all there for a reason, and the reason isn’t an unfair justice system. It’s the poverty that those minorities tend to be born in. Best example I can give you is that the poor uneducated farmers in rural China behave the same as the minorities that are constantly going in and out of prisons in the US: violent and rude, bad attitude to normal non-tyrannical authority, pumping out babies 24/7, etc. And poverty is a societal thing, not something you can pin on the justice system alone.

Finally, I actually do believe that anything equal to or greater than theft should just be a capital crime. Forgive me for not believing in the sanctity of life and waiting for crappy people to turn things around in a world with 8 billion humans. We’re all expendable nowadays lol, get real.

Yep, fascism at its best.

Edit:

But beyond that, I didn’t argue that criminals don’t belong in prison. I argued that if a white person and minority is convicted of the same crime they both receive different punishments. That’s the problem with this “brutal prison system.”