Hyuuuge barb Nerf 2.6.7

Everyone is crazy on this thread. There hasn’t even been an announcement yet and everyone is panicked.

Relax people, WW will be buffed in season 19 as compared to season 18. Enjoy the buff, try not to complain that the buff should have been greater.

This is based upon people that went to Blizzcon and saw updated changes on items. Based on those, people think they are changes that are coming.
Knowing Blizzard, they will never allow Barbarians to be on par with other classes.

This isn’t about enjoying the buff. This is about having an alternative to RAT runs which have been king since season 11. And yes the 7 GR nerf to rend will make rat runs king yet again.

2 Likes

We are overpowering the D4 threads in GD. You guys saw the view and like counts?

2 Likes

Will it?

Without a separate multiplier on top of the amendment of Rend to Wastes 6, the damage is not where it needs to be. Dropping the Lamentation bonus is at minimum a 7 GR nerf. So, with 10k Paragon, Dark would now clear 133 instead of 140.

WW was already a 130 build. 3 tiers is a meaningful buff when every other class but Monk can do 140?

GET OUTTA HERE WITH THAT NOISE.

9 Likes

Actually according to my calculation, lamentation should be actually 400% in addition to the double stacking.

2 Likes

140 on PTR was done with not a lot of fishing, with lags, and without FoT which is much better on barbs that can create density around conduit than for every other classes.

Wizard cleared 148 with the SP bazooka bugged spec that seem to be fixed in the next patch, but it remains to be confirmed. Top clears will only be with Chantodo if that’s the case, and ~143 will be the top after the nerf.

Necro’s current push spec is also greatly nerfed, or fixed, because it clearly wasn’t intended for the top spec to rely on the current retarded mechanism.

So a 200% Lamentation would have put barb at the top of DPS specs with Chantodo.

• a nerf to 150% would have been justified
  • a nerf to 100% would have been understandable
  • 0% is retarded.
  • a buff to 300 or 400% would put barb above current Chantodo compared to other classes for solo/group speeds, and at the same level than SP Bazooka wiz for pushes. It’s way too much, especially considering that SP bazooka rely on AD, where WotW rend does not.

A 150% Lamentation is really the perfect number for me.

Thats because there are only so many ways to say ‘make D4 exactly like D2’, where as most of us have been waiting for the entire lifetime of D3 to have a competitive WW build. That and this is at least the third time they’ve done this (Mortik’s, IK 500% to 100% and now Lamentation to 0%), so the already frustrated Barb community is just done with being the whipping boy for the other classes.

3 Likes

Another reminder, that 140 with rend was with 10,500 para, and the wiz clears are with ~6k. Not even fair to compare those. Also, 200% Lamen puts that 10k clear 3 spots BEHIND the 6k wiz, after chantodo nerf. If things go as they look like, a 10k barb will be doing 133, while a 6k wiz will still be doing 143’s. Barb is still behind in any scenario.

3 Likes

Cannot read Chinese leaderboards for more clear infos, but the 148 was with SP bazooka that will be irrelevant next patch (nerf/fix still to be confirmed tho).

The wiz clears in the rest of the world with Chantodo are 143 max with ~5k paragons in season, which is equivalent to 146-147 with 10k, or ~143 after nerf.
The 140 barb clear was, once again, without FoT and not the best clear possible (no power for example). So comparing them is perfectly fair.

Rend Barb with unnerfed Lamentation = 0 or 1 GR more than post nerfed Wiz Chantodo.

So at best, they would have been even. A 10k wiz will be hitting 143 after the patch while the Barb will be at 136-137 tops. 6 GR behind. 200% puts them at even.

1 Like

Exactly. 200% was perfectly fine, 150% was good, 100% was ok’ish, 0% is dumb.

1 Like

Not so. 200% was just not so bad…

Yes it will be buff in season 19.

Seriously, I am not advocating a nerf I am just looking at what Dark did on PTR. How much testing did he do? Did he use optimal gear? Did he have the optimal build? How long has he been playing barb? Yes he had a good rift but many of these things could be better. 140 would not be the top push NS if the changes on PTR went live so people should stop stating that it is. I don’t know what it would be but if I guy can do it in a couple of days playing that is far from optimal.

Rend currently dominate all damage in the build and I doubt that is what Blizzard was going for. Free, you complained that WW did so little damage compared to rend that the SG ring wasn’t even needed. This really isn’t a good thing or a bad thing, it just is. Maybe blizzard decides to pull the rend damage back some, they make the game they are allowed to do it. Everyone here is spouting out number and crying how bad the nerf is like it has been announced which it hasn’t.

My take on it is If rend only added 3 GR to the current’ WW build it would be fun to play same as it would be if it add 5, 10 or 25 GRs.

Its a game relax and enjoy.

2 Likes

Pls keep the 200% buff,i’d say the average GR level should be 130-135(above that hard to stay alive…),everyone can go fish a thousand time for perfect map,ww is a solo build,there’s no place in meta with the ad lag…

My take is that your take is garbage and you can tell from who is liking your posts.

If you think +3 GR is enough of a buff, you oughtta help Micro make a chart.

10 Likes

i feel bad for you and all the barb trolls , o and you are wrong :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I don’t find it fun that barbarians have been massively behind the other hero classes for years and on the one occasion where they might get even slightly close (not ahead, just close behind) they get hit with a nerf-bat so they remain many, many GRs behind the others.

I love how my Whirlwind Barbarian plays. I hate how ineffective he is compared to my other heroes. Can anyone give me a good reason as to why I’m not allowed to play a Barbarian that’s both fun and effective, which is what the original PTR Rend changes did?

9 Likes
  1. Little testing I assume but he still got a great first floor. +1-2 levels with a better second floor and power at guardian?
  2. He didn’t have ancient shoulders - by augmenting he would get around 1.5%-2% more damage. Other than that, his gear is what is expected from 10K paragon - perfect
  3. Very hard to say something about optimal build since there isn’t one yet. He didn’t have FoT which in a superb rift can get you 2 packs from 2 floors. +1-2 levels for optimal build?
  4. A lot longer than all of us combined together. 10K paragon, has said many times that his favourite class is Barb (charge) and all his 4man videos is zBarb PoV. My educated guess is that his kiting and grouping skills as barb are far superior to everyone here. Not much gains from this aspect.

In total, and we are being generous here, +4 levels? And we are ignoring the fact that, despite getting good mobs in first floor, he was squishy. At 10K paragon. Survivability might put a ceiling to the build, a fact that is ignored in all predictions

Star pact cleared 148 in China. Necro 147. In EU wizard 145 with 2 minutes to spare. With the incoming nerfs, Rend might (and this is hypothetical) achieve parity by keeping lamentation. Once again, predictions might be way off - in a game with layers upon layers of RNG it’s hard to make better guesses

Lamentatin must be 400% to give 10GRs, which is the required amount to put wwrend into an A category build

3 Likes