Hydra has been gutted

Now the patch is out and people 3-5k paragon are struggling to even do 125 with either LOD or TV, what does Devs have to say about this unjustified nerf to SS and Magistrates?

Restore SS back to its 450-600% and leave Magistrates at where it is would be a step in the right direction.

Unsure how tenured you are around here, but Blizzard rarely, if ever knows how to nerf by smidgen unfortunately.

I won’t freak out and blame you like you’re some Blizzard dev number advisor or anything though, as the difference between LoD and ToV needed to be addressed, it’s more of the 8% buff from last phase to final of the set that’s causing the biggest issue IMO.
50% nerf of support items to 8% set buff isn’t ‘transferring the power to the set’

Besides it wasn’t just you, I made a thread about nerfing SS/Magistrate (when it was 600%) and buffing set. When I realized it wasn’t going to do much good without serious 6pc buff numbers, I deleted it.

The new set is 6-7 GRs behind Vyrs. Lod is 4-5 GRs. Toughness matters, the set needs more %dr. Both hydra builds need more dmg.
Only my opinion after testing the last two days the new wizard toys.

I tested 2pl run and 4pl and to be honest, lod hudra s.ck. I’m so disappointed dmg is way to low

Immediately made wd and looks like he rocks

I ended up recommending 6x, 6x on multiplier (500% each) for SS, Magistrate.

This is because to compete with NS Vyr Chantodo, you’d at least have to have that much multiplier. 5.5x, 5.5x is only 4 GRs, and you’d need at least 1GR more to get to GR130 at 2k paragon with LoD Hydra / Typhon’s Veil.

Also recommended 1400% per head.

(3/7/2020) EDITED: 6x down from 6.5x and 1400%-1500% down from 1550%-1650%.

2 Likes

I conquer with Cratic. SS and Magistrates nerf are overdone.

1 Like

Never before has a new set been this underwhelming. A roughly 125 GR for a Paragon 3-5k is unacceptable while rend barb/crus of the same paragon can do 140. This has to be brought to Blizzard attention and needs to be corrected.

I think the objective is to encourage group play and discourage solo play since soloist have a tendency to have mental problems and blizz is trying to save the world from us soloists.

Yep its not a strong build unless they do something.

Thats for sure. :wink:

During the PTR the set was misrepresented by the arcane torrent bug. Was it by a factor three?
If so it seems they gutted the overall set plus item buff by the buff the bug gave.
I hope they are looking in to this before the 13th. Same goes for the rest of the sets.

I still have to test reverse archon + hydra but the set is bad: no dmg and less toughness than LoD version.
Blizzard doesn’t know that new sets must be the best sets for any class? They care about balance rght now? lol AoV, PoJ and MR are top and that’s why they are gonna be played. Nobody is gonna play a set that is not the best…

1 Like

just did 137 as wd guys dont take hydra a pity as it is

I’m gonna test Lod reverse hydra and then forget about hydras. Wd for season, no doubt.

1 Like

Now WD can clear 147 joining Barb, Crus and monk, this hydra build only clear 137 with almost 10k paragon. This is really a shame.

DH and Necro will get their buff next season so that means if blizzard refuses to change hydra, that means wizard will fall to last place in all the classes. Don’t tell me the 10000 paragon 130 GR balance crap, when every other classes can do 145+, then it’s not “balance” when wizard new hydra set is 10 GR lower.

While we are at this balancing, Chantodo needs to be restored back as well since the entire reason for nerfing it was to bring it inline with other classes, now that other classes are 4-5 GR above it, that whole argument is flawed.

Keeping pumping this thread until the CM acknowledge this issue before season start. This is the only chance wizard has so everyone needs to keep shouting until Blizzard heard our complaints. Barb did it with their rend nerf and so can we.

Previous 10 seasons: it’s not “balance” when Monk set is 20 GR lower than Wizard.

2 Likes

Sure it is not, that doesn’t make it right. Just because it’s wrong and it’s been done doesn’t justify it is in fact wrong.

Now, in Asia we have a 140 with 9k para :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I just cleared 115 with Arcane hydra with only 2 ancients and 2 augs, lvl 112 gems (self leveled from 25) at 1650 para. If I would fish for festering and get some good pylons I can see it doing 117 maybe. 120 with full augs and better gear and 2k para most likely (still could be map dependant).

Maybe they are factoring DW+ES into this equation as they presume everyone (LoD or TV) will run them? Not saying this makes up for the nerf, but it should result in a slightly higher number and maybe they consider it fine.

Hope the NS results of TV / LoD will be proof enough that they overshoot the nerf and further adjustment is required (at least 400% on SS and Magi, and 2000% per head on 6pc, and / or add an arcane spender to it as well, like arcane orb / twister or channeled spell smth).

Thoughts?