How to solve the Griftcap problem:

What are you talking about?

FYI, I play hc. Loser.

3 Likes

I don’t know how they will solve this problem with cap, but I think it’s necessary.

They already closed GR 150 at 4:12

This is the same time as a GR speeds …

Err, bob wins the 100m and the next race is the 200m.
So what?

No, it is not. For the efficiency competition it is better to have a reachable GR cap and sort the ladder by paragon, just like in D2 (“brother” influence aside).

For the pushing competition they have to improve the Challenge Rift mode and give tier progression to it as a minimum.

Did not understand what you said.
I think it’s the other way around … Competition for efficiency = Challenfe Rift
Push / High Level Competition = GR

Moreover, the initial proposal of the GR’s was to be purged as high as possible, not a simple competition for efficiency.

1 Like

Efficiency is best measured when pushing is NOT involved.

Skill is best measured when pushing is involved.

Reasons for the 150 cap have already been given. Its a physical hard cap at 159 due to a 64 bit number on monster health. And this topic has been brought up multiple times already along with suggestions on how to fix it.

No they will NOT do a number crunch as then how does one get 150 gems and they won’t nerf gems that people already got to 150. Remember that this is also with the classic department so super major changes prob won’t happen. No one like a stat squish, Its happened multiple times in WoW and that fudged up the progression.

Prestige type GR’s have been suggested by making the monsters get a flat damage reduction or players getting a flat damage reduction to match the 17% HP gain rate.

1 Like

no problem, those players just speedrun another character to 150, staying in normal, you know, like in HC…

that takes care of you too.

yes, that could be…but where’s the endgame for those poor chaps?

true, that’s why i made this thread.

yes but it can’t, sadly.

no, it’s saying a second marathon uphill.

many players…because they’re in a higher league, like in real life…

then stop that powercreep in tier 2. (like i suggested)
-and adjust the damage reduction of the player, so they have en endless endgame pushing as fast and far as they can, but never to 150.

this is a suggestion, not calculated by:
‘The Beast’ was programmed a certain way so that it became a self-programming ( heuristic ) supercomputer , and now it is tracking all of us, gathering data through our spending habits.

Applying ~0.8547 multiplier to player damage per GR level after 150 would roughly equal the 17% HP per level gain rate. Just made some quick calculations.

Multipliers:
GR150: x1
GR151: x0.8547
GR152: x0.8547^2
etc.

Can someone of you quote a blue post stating that the current GR cap is due to technical limitations and not intended design atm?

1 Like

i got that info from this forum (max 157-158)
-but intentional? i think not, devs just cannot prolong the game for the pushers any other way they can think of, imo;
(without putting money in this old FtP game)

In fact, none of us can be sure of that. Yes, it’s an old game and they (theoretically) would never add new functions, big tweaks.
BUT:

1 - We do not know if the adjustment necessary to increase the cap is something “too big” to be made.

2nd - Even though it is an old game, even though it is a “classic” game, even though it is a non-profit game, they still continue to work on it. (New Sets?)

Or we have to cut one of the runners’ legs off and make them run again!

2 Likes

So, the “prestige” players need to have twice as many heroes in order to still be able to play with their “normal” friends? And what do they do if they want to play with three friends, some of which are “prestige” and some of which are “normal”? You’re deliberately introducing ways of preventing friends from grouping up with each other. Also, if you had a “prestige” and “normal” hero of the same class, with the same build, you’d have to mess around swapping gear from one to the other depending on which friend(s) you want to play with.

Please, just recognise that this idea is bad.

2 Likes

RUNtoFUN; what is your top solo and 4P GR clear? Just wondering, because if you aren’t doing 150’s, why are you worried about a cap?

And… why the heck would you want to penalize those who do run 150’s?

2 Likes

Just because someone can get to GR150 in under 4 minutes doesnt mean the CAP should be raised. This simply means you have now achieved ENDGAME COMPLETION with the 4 man you are running.
How about mix it up and try doing it with 4 SADERS maybe. But GR150 cap does not need to be increased. That will just mean more and more and more power creep until GR150 becomes the current GR1.
NO thank you. We already have too many power levels . MOre if just a dumb idea.
Whats needed is a numbers squish ( not actually chaning then the difficulty )
Maybe 5 years down the line when there are no players left cause of D4 they can increase to GR200 after a huge number squish but not b4

1 Like

And just because you don’t want it doesn’t mean we should stay with cap. Why does it bother you, may we know? I’m curious…

Also, the original idea of ​​GR was that they were virtually infinite, so you want to misrepresent the original design simply because you think it’s stupid?

Many players want this cap removed, so yes, it MUST be removed.

They will do GR200 ONLY if Blizz once again gives us exaggerated buffs. If it wasn’t for the huge buffs we’ve had over the years, we wouldn’t be getting to GR150 in the next 100 years …

Infinte Power Creep is pointless.
Ppl will complain they cant solo 150 , then 200 then 250 , then 300. So yes it should stay.
There is currently a development contrain not being able to increase GR150 due to mob health and server density . If a number crunch was done then sure maybe they could increase the GR. But whats the point why arnt you satisfied with GR150 being max. Have you solo GR150 on all 7 classes. Pretty sure you havnt so GR150 being max doesnt effect you.
The people doing GR150 NS in 4 minutes have like between 7 and 10k paragon. Do you have this … No you dont. So again these speed times dont effect you and paragon that high makes you think the accounts are less then legit.
Are you unhappy that a game says ok this is start. GR150 is the finish.
Making it simply infinte is beyond a joke and i pray the devs dont listen to idiot suggestions like this. It would just cause an unbelievable amount of maintenence and we cant even get clan chat right at the moment .
So devs please ignore this guy. Game is fine how it is . We have been given an ENDGAME goal of 150 . When all 7 classes can be soloing this like 2 minute speeds then we have a potentional problem but we have a pretty close balance GRSOLO and group wise between most classes at the moment . So nothing needs to change. you just simply being greedy. Maybe if you are running GR150 in 2 minute speeds mate epsecially solo you should find a different game

1 Like

it isn’t.
like D1 you get in a higher tier.

is that about the OP thread?

my point is that i suggest an endgame with:
-speedrunning to Tier 1 150
-then have a real endgame with a real infinite end, Tier 2 150, where speed AND Griftlevel both stay goals.
-and, as i added: no powercreep at Tier 2: you step in a fixed ‘Inferno’

yes, that’s close to my opinion about this.

Just remove Paragon Levels.

Easy.