How to solve the Griftcap problem:

any caracter that reaches Grift 150, may enter a next league, with exactly the same D3, except those characters have only half their former damage output.
-those characters cannot return to the lower league.
-new pushing, without technical limits…enjoy :muscle::clap:

Players would just compete for fastest clears of GR149s, with ever increasing power, rather than go to GR150 and have their power halved.

Please consider this reply as a down-vote.

12 Likes

Or Blizzard could just pull their finger out and do a massive number crunch on D3 so were hitting in the 10,000s and not the trillians. Also applying this to MOB Health. Then you could apply GR250 no dramas as the mobs would have a reasonable health amount and players would be doing a normal damage amount not criting mobs for trillians of damage like we are now. This would solve the GR150 CAP issue as far as i understand it

7 Likes

it’s all about status and prestige.
-look at many HC players that find ‘normal’ for losers.

being in the ‘next league’ brings status and prestige;
-a targeted playerbase won’t resist it.
-consider that as an upvote.

So, what happens when “prestige” and “normal” heroes want to play with each other? Do you limit “prestige” players to only being able to play with other “prestige” players? How would splitting the player-base even further help? Why would a group of “normal” heroes ever let a “prestige” player into a group with them, when the “prestige” player has half the damage of a “normal” player?

1 Like

If only people would exercise more foresight before posting threads…

5 Likes

When you hit the top it’s about who can do it the fastest, there is your prestige and status, until you get the RG as soon as you enter the GR then maybe they can do something

2 Likes

The CAP is probably due to the game engine. With EPYC processors and the amount of ram it can support on the server end these day, I doubt it’s a server problem.

2 Likes

The monster health doubles every 5 GR’s, so if you cut the players damage in half, they will do 5 GR’s lower, so many groups are doing GR145 with some hitting GR146, 147, 148, and probably 149 and 150. After the next round of power creep, most the players who were doing GR150 on Tier 1 will be doing them on Tier 2, so now we need a Tier 3, then a Tier 4.

Rather than do the buff, then add more difficulties, then buff, then add more difficulties, then buff, then add more difficulties, why don’t we have them spend their time finding an end game that is not Greater Rifts? I get it, some people want to do the same thing over and over and over and over and over again all day long, but most people don’t. The reason this game is a ghost town 2 weeks after the start of the season is because there is one fricking thing to do, not because they hit an arbitrary ceiling.

Don’t know if you guys know it already but HC S18 already has one gr 150 4 man group.

Clearly the cap needs to be lifted to 250.

1 Like

That’s like saying the 100m dash has been won now we have to extend it to 200m

5 Likes

Man, did you even think about this idea before you slapped it up here? Were you looking to get shot down? Or perhaps you eat goats and live under a bridge?

Anyway, daft idea. Who on earth would want to do a GR150 knowing they would be gimping themselves to half their power if they completed it?

Nobody who plays D3, that’s for sure…

6 Likes

What are you talking about?

FYI, I play hc. Loser.

3 Likes

I don’t know how they will solve this problem with cap, but I think it’s necessary.

They already closed GR 150 at 4:12

This is the same time as a GR speeds …

Err, bob wins the 100m and the next race is the 200m.
So what?

No, it is not. For the efficiency competition it is better to have a reachable GR cap and sort the ladder by paragon, just like in D2 (“brother” influence aside).

For the pushing competition they have to improve the Challenge Rift mode and give tier progression to it as a minimum.

Did not understand what you said.
I think it’s the other way around … Competition for efficiency = Challenfe Rift
Push / High Level Competition = GR

Moreover, the initial proposal of the GR’s was to be purged as high as possible, not a simple competition for efficiency.

1 Like

Efficiency is best measured when pushing is NOT involved.

Skill is best measured when pushing is involved.

Reasons for the 150 cap have already been given. Its a physical hard cap at 159 due to a 64 bit number on monster health. And this topic has been brought up multiple times already along with suggestions on how to fix it.

No they will NOT do a number crunch as then how does one get 150 gems and they won’t nerf gems that people already got to 150. Remember that this is also with the classic department so super major changes prob won’t happen. No one like a stat squish, Its happened multiple times in WoW and that fudged up the progression.

Prestige type GR’s have been suggested by making the monsters get a flat damage reduction or players getting a flat damage reduction to match the 17% HP gain rate.

1 Like

no problem, those players just speedrun another character to 150, staying in normal, you know, like in HC…

that takes care of you too.

yes, that could be…but where’s the endgame for those poor chaps?

true, that’s why i made this thread.

yes but it can’t, sadly.

no, it’s saying a second marathon uphill.

many players…because they’re in a higher league, like in real life…

then stop that powercreep in tier 2. (like i suggested)
-and adjust the damage reduction of the player, so they have en endless endgame pushing as fast and far as they can, but never to 150.

this is a suggestion, not calculated by:
‘The Beast’ was programmed a certain way so that it became a self-programming ( heuristic ) supercomputer , and now it is tracking all of us, gathering data through our spending habits.