How to solve the Griftcap problem:

Applying ~0.8547 multiplier to player damage per GR level after 150 would roughly equal the 17% HP per level gain rate. Just made some quick calculations.

Multipliers:
GR150: x1
GR151: x0.8547
GR152: x0.8547^2
etc.

Can someone of you quote a blue post stating that the current GR cap is due to technical limitations and not intended design atm?

1 Like

i got that info from this forum (max 157-158)
-but intentional? i think not, devs just cannot prolong the game for the pushers any other way they can think of, imo;
(without putting money in this old FtP game)

In fact, none of us can be sure of that. Yes, itā€™s an old game and they (theoretically) would never add new functions, big tweaks.
BUT:

1 - We do not know if the adjustment necessary to increase the cap is something ā€œtoo bigā€ to be made.

2nd - Even though it is an old game, even though it is a ā€œclassicā€ game, even though it is a non-profit game, they still continue to work on it. (New Sets?)

Or we have to cut one of the runnersā€™ legs off and make them run again!

2 Likes

So, the ā€œprestigeā€ players need to have twice as many heroes in order to still be able to play with their ā€œnormalā€ friends? And what do they do if they want to play with three friends, some of which are ā€œprestigeā€ and some of which are ā€œnormalā€? Youā€™re deliberately introducing ways of preventing friends from grouping up with each other. Also, if you had a ā€œprestigeā€ and ā€œnormalā€ hero of the same class, with the same build, youā€™d have to mess around swapping gear from one to the other depending on which friend(s) you want to play with.

Please, just recognise that this idea is bad.

2 Likes

RUNtoFUN; what is your top solo and 4P GR clear? Just wondering, because if you arenā€™t doing 150ā€™s, why are you worried about a cap?

Andā€¦ why the heck would you want to penalize those who do run 150ā€™s?

2 Likes

Just because someone can get to GR150 in under 4 minutes doesnt mean the CAP should be raised. This simply means you have now achieved ENDGAME COMPLETION with the 4 man you are running.
How about mix it up and try doing it with 4 SADERS maybe. But GR150 cap does not need to be increased. That will just mean more and more and more power creep until GR150 becomes the current GR1.
NO thank you. We already have too many power levels . MOre if just a dumb idea.
Whats needed is a numbers squish ( not actually chaning then the difficulty )
Maybe 5 years down the line when there are no players left cause of D4 they can increase to GR200 after a huge number squish but not b4

1 Like

And just because you donā€™t want it doesnā€™t mean we should stay with cap. Why does it bother you, may we know? Iā€™m curiousā€¦

Also, the original idea of ā€‹ā€‹GR was that they were virtually infinite, so you want to misrepresent the original design simply because you think itā€™s stupid?

Many players want this cap removed, so yes, it MUST be removed.

They will do GR200 ONLY if Blizz once again gives us exaggerated buffs. If it wasnā€™t for the huge buffs weā€™ve had over the years, we wouldnā€™t be getting to GR150 in the next 100 years ā€¦

Infinte Power Creep is pointless.
Ppl will complain they cant solo 150 , then 200 then 250 , then 300. So yes it should stay.
There is currently a development contrain not being able to increase GR150 due to mob health and server density . If a number crunch was done then sure maybe they could increase the GR. But whats the point why arnt you satisfied with GR150 being max. Have you solo GR150 on all 7 classes. Pretty sure you havnt so GR150 being max doesnt effect you.
The people doing GR150 NS in 4 minutes have like between 7 and 10k paragon. Do you have this ā€¦ No you dont. So again these speed times dont effect you and paragon that high makes you think the accounts are less then legit.
Are you unhappy that a game says ok this is start. GR150 is the finish.
Making it simply infinte is beyond a joke and i pray the devs dont listen to idiot suggestions like this. It would just cause an unbelievable amount of maintenence and we cant even get clan chat right at the moment .
So devs please ignore this guy. Game is fine how it is . We have been given an ENDGAME goal of 150 . When all 7 classes can be soloing this like 2 minute speeds then we have a potentional problem but we have a pretty close balance GRSOLO and group wise between most classes at the moment . So nothing needs to change. you just simply being greedy. Maybe if you are running GR150 in 2 minute speeds mate epsecially solo you should find a different game

1 Like

it isnā€™t.
like D1 you get in a higher tier.

is that about the OP thread?

my point is that i suggest an endgame with:
-speedrunning to Tier 1 150
-then have a real endgame with a real infinite end, Tier 2 150, where speed AND Griftlevel both stay goals.
-and, as i added: no powercreep at Tier 2: you step in a fixed ā€˜Infernoā€™

yes, thatā€™s close to my opinion about this.

Just remove Paragon Levels.

Easy.

And yet you up-voted me saying itā€™s a bad ideaā€¦

itā€™s my message that our discussion has ended.
-i do it by giving the other a ā€˜presentā€™ of a like (as a victory if craved) :cupid:

Lol ā€¦ you donā€™t even know what a powercreep is ā€¦

The only one who is complaining that you canā€™t solo a level that is only for 4P is YOU ā€¦ If you complain that you want to do GR 150 solo or higher, youā€™re crazy, simple as that.

Have you taken your statement from any blue posts? Can you link here please? If not, then what it says is purely assumption. And even if there is a problem, can you say with certainty that it cannot be solved? I bet not ā€¦ So stop trying to find meaningless excuses to keep the cap, you just ask the game to stay for 100% selfish reasons, you hypocritically complain that it ā€œdoesnā€™t affect meā€, but ask you: Affect YOU? I am sure you are a casual or purely solo player who is jealous of the high levels of GR or high gems that 4P can make isnā€™t it? I tell you a novelty, this game was made primarily to promote group play, if you donā€™t like or are unable to work in a team, just go to PoE or any other offline game.

Write what I say, if itā€™s technically possible, weā€™d have the cap removed, you know why? Because contrary to what you stupidly think, infinite levels are the gameā€™s ORIGINAL design.

:wink:

I dont know where to start on how wrong your post is. But ill just continue to sit back and laugh at you and enjoy the game in its current state. If infinite levels was the original design why was when the game released the CAP Level 60 and inferno. Oh wait i know cause infinte levels wasnt a thing. They introduced a broken never ending paragon system of pump up your main stat cause that was there idea of endless progression. Making the CAP GR INfinte is moronic and just pure lazy. Why not provide something to acheive such as GR150 rather then say ok there no actual end goal here so you can just play foreverā€¦ Like it or no given Classic Games have control i hope your idea is just ignore. Seems like you only started playing the real endgameā€¦ The forums Yesterday

1 Like

If a thread ever needed a down voteā€¦

lets reward a player by halving their power?

Why do people have to come up with things like this? Ugh. Iā€™m usually not that critical but this is NOT a fun sounding idea in any sense of the word.

Yes. I completely agree. A bad idea is just that. A bad idea. Accept it. Own it. Delete it.

Game on.

2 Likes

Making any class weaker just because it can clear GR 150 is pure stupidity. Same with making endless GRsā€¦ We already have ā€œendless?ā€ (more or less) paragon levelsā€¦

If all classes like Keyblade said could solo GR 150 like they can solo GR 80 now, than I guess we should get some sort of new way to compete against each other, but knowing devs we will only get those promised new class sets and new legendary powers to items without any, maybe some buffs.

Seriously just because META builds with over 5k paragons can clear GR 150 in less than 5 or 6 minutes, doesnā€™t mean you have to nerf everything, just to be stuck in max GR 140 range.

It would be just as smart as nerfing all classes in D2 LoD so they canā€™t ever reach level 99 or make Rite of Passage quest in D2 LoD (the quests where you need to kill the 3 ancients) so difficult that you canā€™t even kill one ancient, so you wonā€™t reach Baal everā€¦

The whole point of competition whether itā€™s a computer game or sport is to achieve your highiest goal possible, so you can win a Gold Medal, Cup or like it is in D3 RoS reach GR 150 solo or in group. Denying to even solo GR 150 in next season or season 21 is like denying anyone in sport to win a gold medal or a cupā€¦

Greater Rifts should NEVER have infinite scalling and be left like it is now with the cap at 150 GR. Unless you can SOLO GR 150 with every class set or Blackthorneā€¦ and any LoN, LoD item combination with less than 1500 paragon and max 100 caldesans in 5-10 minutes thereā€™s no need to change anything. Once this would happen they could just increase the cap to even 300 (by lowering Mobs HP per rift) and only than do some balancing, so you canā€™t just almost one shot everything on GR 150. Otherwise thereā€™s no need to do it at allā€¦

like in d1 and d2ā€¦

There is no problem with that. If people want pushing we should demand from them to fix the Challenge Rifts mode.