How Squirts Necklace Works In This Build?

In reference to the Whirlwind/Rend Barbarian build.
maxroll.gg/guides/waste-set-ww-rend-barbarian-guide
I like to think I understand how the squirts necklace works however, I can’t wrap my head around how this build would make any use of the damage bonus.
Does anyone have any inside information as to how this item works during a GR push, or how you can “not take damage” to keep it active?

Long story short - when you have the shield pylon, you get the full squirts damage 10x stacks for 2 minutes and it gives you a big boost of damage.

3 Likes

Longer version…

WW/Rend Barbs are getting hit in the face all the time. As a result, for the vast majority of the time, you will have zero stacks on the amulet, which means it’s providing zero benefit or detriment. However, when you get a Shield pylon, you can no longer be hit, which means you get up to 10 stacks, giving you double damage, and no detriment because you cannot be hit due to the shield. If you manage to combine that with a Power pylon (which gives 400% extra damage, so five times damage), whilst both of them are active you’re doing ten damage damage. This can absolutely demolish mobs.

3 Likes

Thank you both, this was actually one of my only thoughts for the validity of the item at those levels. Seemed like a lot of work lining up the pylons for it, but i guess if your going to be at the top you are going to do things like that.

1 Like

There is some detailed discussion of this topic here , but MB’s already given you the main takeaway.

2 Likes

So I understand it correctly when I say you use Squirt’s cause there is nothing else and not because it is specifically good (unless you get a shield at the right time)?

Would this mean that if you have a meh Squirt’s and a really good other amulet that you could go for the other one? Doesn’t it make the build really fishy?