[Guide] Zodiac Rend (Season 20)

Just give it time and some dedication. I went from personal best of GR 132 when I started my push journal. Gained a lot of experience along the way and now I dream of getting 4-corner fatties whenever I go for my next pb. :rofl:

Minor technical clarification, please. Aren’t fatties round and, if so, how do they have corners?

Comedy font used.

2 Likes

Just left a 4-corner fatty map. Had speed and cooldown pylons. Feels bad to leave behind 8x elites and big progression. No condi ftl. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I will end the season now and go play other games. Don’t get me wrong this build is my favorite barb build. I just need to rest from playing D3 for now. I will wait till next season to see what they do with season 26. Then I will decide whether to use this build again or go for another build, or maybe even another class. I am probably one of the most flexible players as far as playing classes and builds goes. Sure there are those that I know off of the start that I would say no to like I know that I wouldn’t play Vyr’s Archon Build that is not my play style nor will it ever be my play style.

This guide and thread is great… thanks everyone.

I have never properly played WW, just a bit of dabbling here and there and decided to do it this season. So I have a question, what kind of GR can I expect to be able to reach in season 25 with like 1 700 - 1 800 paragon? I know it is not a cut and dry question with variables in items and skill etc but can someone give a guess?

I have been setting myself goals the last few seasons and was hoping to beat my previous highest of a 131 which was with bonespear in season 22. Is that too much to go for? I would actually like to do 135 but would rather have a realistic goal than just force goal of highest personal GR.

1 Like

Going to answer both this question and your one about Squirt’s from the other thread…

With 1700-1800 paragon, and some augs, I would definitely expect you to be able to do 131. I did 128 with Leapquake at <1000 paragon and no augs, in about 100 keys spent on everything, both leveling gems and pushing, for the whole season. So Rend, which is a stronger set, with a bunch more mainstat, should be able to do 131 no problem.

That’s assuming you’re playing properly, of course, using Spear + Stomp. This season, Rend is really strong in good maps due to the Ring of Fire effect from Terror shard. With good pulls on good maps/mobs, you can generate one ring after another and just burn everything to death.

Well, if you haven’t read my Squirt’s Analysis post, you may want to do that.

But the bottom line is, yes, Squirt’s is not always good, and yes, it makes the build more fishy. And, a Hellfire is a perfectly acceptable option, if you haven’t found a good Squirt’s.

In for another vid, rank 1 NA :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Congrats Seras!

And: you finally got a rift where taking Squirt’s paid off!

I think you could do 149, pretty much for sure, with the same map, and with a Power rather than a Speed at the end, 150 also pretty much for sure.

Thanks buddy, indeed it was the first clear that made use of Squirts. Felt good because I keep a HF ammy in my inventory and swap out between them every now and then, The run before that I was running the HF and decided to switch.

Regarding the Speed pylon, does it have any effects with stacking stricken quicker with WW? Or is it a set amount of ticks regardless of sheet AS?

1 Like

I think rend is capped at 2 per second but WW is not?

More speed gets you faster hits with WW and DDs. Looks like picking up that Speed pylon took you from 15/11 frame breakpoints to 13/10. So that’s something like a 10% increase in your Stricken stacking speed, which is definitely worthwhile. The only reasons not to trigger the pylon are 1) if the RG has already spawned (you don’t want those elites soaking up Stricken stacks) or 2) the extra speed causes problems with your Fury management. But, you seemed to do just fine on both those points- clicking the pylon was the right thing to do!

Well, it’s not 2/second, it’s just 2- i.e. you can only have 2 stacked on one target, no matter how fast you attack.

1 Like

Thanks Rage, once again I place my trust in the all knowledgeable one. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Big grats seras on a rank 1 that might actually last for awhile. When season is over I will come and join you.

1 Like

Awesome, glad to hear that, thanks. 132 it is then. Looking forward to getting used to the build since there is much more to it than just spinny spinny.

OK cool. I am not a huge fan of too much fishing but if it’s what it takes then I will go for it. And going for Hellfires over and over sounds worse than having to do some fishing. I started reading your Squirt’s thread so will give it a look.

Congrats buddy!

I haven’t played in over a year (having a kid and another one on the way will do that to you) but I still lurk from time to time. It’s been a lot of fun watching your meteoric rise to the top of the ranking.

Well done brother! Time for 150!

2 Likes

Thanks buddy! I hear you on the kiddos part. My son is in the terrible twos phase, lol. It’s been interesting watching the shenanigan’s he comes up with. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thought of another way for you to survive Raiziel. Can’t believe I never thought of this before!

When his nova animation starts… just hit the town portal button. A perfect Homing Pads (emanated via the follower) gives you 65% mitigation, which is a lot- equates to a 2.86x toughness multiplier. That ought to be enough to take the nova in the teeth and not die.

It does require decent timing- once his animation starts, you have about 1 second to hit the TP button before the nova fires.

Hmm wouldn’t you lose the Waste buff and mantle and taeguk as well? Probably not instantly but the window of opportunity is miniscule. I’ll keep that in mind for next time. :+1:

1 Like

You would almost certainly not drop the Wastes buff, which lasts 3 seconds.

The Taeguk buff lasts 1.5 seconds, so you should probably be ok there too, though you might drop the stacks before you go back to WWing again. Still, you’l lose those stacks if Raiziel kills you, too… and they build up again pretty quick.

The Mantle buff appears to last about 1 second, so that’s the most likely to drop, but I still think you could get all of these buffs active most of the time. After all, you only have about a second from when Raiziel’s nova animation starts to when it fires.

And, even if Mantle and Taeguk both go down, you’ll still have about 2x your normal toughness, from the Homing Pads bubble.

3 Likes

Thread has been quiet lately. Where’s everyone at? I was looking back at some of my older clears from a year ago and oh boy, they were terrible in hind sight. So much progression left on the table, sloppy pulls, highly questionable decision making… lol. Fun times, I thought I was making strides then, only to look back now and face palm. Haha :upside_down_face: