How quickly things are forgotten - Solo Greater Rift Summary Per Class

i wouldn’t even reply to him , he/she is just trying to rank up on the forums so all the things he/she writes is all :poop: anyways

6 Likes

omg! Barbarians weren’t the worst two of the last four seasons! They were only in the middle while still being extremely far behind the top class for those two seasons!

STOP THE PRESS!

Barbarians are fine.

False alarm Blizz. We don’t need any buffs.

/s

3 Likes

Fixed that for you :joy:

3 Likes

Sorry but i’m not totally agree with you. Why i need to play what developers of games tell me to play It? A RPG Game should let you do all content, even competitive content, with any class. And this not the case of Diablo 3.

You can play what you want of course, but there is 1 effecient build (all bots use it), to play every aspect of the game.

The Game is a fail since It come out, and they start trying to make a new face of It.

A Game where I can’t be competitive with any class? Laughts*

3 Likes

Phatty has a good point. A multi-class approach is what Blizzard has, implicitly or explicitly, pushed as the optimal way to engage the game’s various activities. And that’s not a bad thing… except that for some–possibly many–players, this is neither the desired, nor a possible, approach.

You don’t have to play the game the way he’s suggesting, but he is right in that it’s the optimal way to play.

Whether that’s good or bad is an entirely different argument.

3 Likes

You can make a valid argument that barbs are currently the worst and I wholeheartedly agree. Monk are also in a bad spot. Both classes need a buff. The conclusion that barbs have been the worst every era from era 2017-1 and every season from season 12 is different than the data shown above that admittingly has limitations.

A more sophisticated analysis was done here and is linked below. In that thread, they took into account paragon and looked at several seasons where season 12 was the last (Season 12-15 were all patch 2.6.1 seasons: patch 2.6.1, 2.6.1a, 2.6.1b, and 2.6.1c).

5 Likes

First off:

Touchy crusader subject, dont start with me on this…

Second, what has been said was more of an attempt to diffuse the whole barbarian rage over the buffs. Bad attempt but still, because for many, there’s still large underlying issues with several classes. Monks have more or less been following the same power curve as barbarian, also riddled with wonky mechanics and difficult gearing (ulianna’s area damage anyone?)

Yet, those two classes are the main choices for 4-man meta. And I know it’s hard to be forced into that spot, but not having a spot at all doesn’t feel great either, being forced to run other classes for grouping is not optimal.

In short, there’s a huge issue for both sides, and yes monks and barbs should recieve damage buffs, but the outcry is sadly louder from the barbs side.

4 Likes

Of course, Rash. Barbs are organized. As a community, we’re tight knit. Other classes need that kind of community cohesion. We can’t do the work for them.

The bit about being in the meta is a completely separate discussion and shouldn’t in any way impact the decision to buff Barbs (and Monks).

3 Likes

Normal rifts - DH is far from the best class from key farming because they can’t teleport throughout the walls. You get one Keep Depths map and bb, Monk is 3 screens away.

Speed GR - Wizard is way faster, rat runs are way faster

Bounties - DH is probably the best I agree here

Now lets look what people do in this game most of time?

• Farm keys 30% of time
  • Farm exp 50% of time
  • Push GR 15% of time
  • Do bounties 5% of time

So DH is not even close to be the best class for things that are done 95% of all play time.

2 Likes

Yes ofcourse, but then I would argue to be buffed in a way that allows my crusader to tank for a meta group, so much that I could technically take the barbs spot.

As long as barbs are fine with that, then you can have power to pass 135 gr level.

If not, then this issue is connected.

5 Likes

I fully agree. I am not going to adapt I will still play DH only. It does not have to be the best but at least make it relevant.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but the issues are disconnected, because not everyone who plays solo also plays groups, much less meta.

Separate modes, my friend. They need to be addressed on separate terms.

Buffs should not be conditional on inclusion or contribution in different modes of play. If other classes want issues addressed, they need to mobilize and organize, and not–I repeat, not–argue that buffs should be withheld from class X because they get to play in groups.

3 Likes

How? People are forced to play other classes if they want to be efficient?
Can you imagine someone getting to paragon 9800 as DH only player?

2 Likes

I am just trying to provide data to put conversations in perspective. I realize that advocates for underperforming classes want their favorite classes buffed. As Free can attest, I have stated in more than 10 posts that barbs (and monks) should be buffed. I have said that again in this thread.

If anyone takes my posts to mean that I feel that barbs should not be buffed than they have misunderstood what I said or I was not clear enough in my writing. I have in fact proposed to buff all character classes (excluding wizards). The biggest buffs in my proposal (outlined in another thread linked below) are for barbs. I want to see game balance for ALL classes. Intra-class parity is a much more difficult issue.

In this proposal every barbarian build would be buffed by ~11.6 greater rift levels. Every monk build by 10.7 greater rift levels. Every crusader build buffed by 6.6 greater rift levels. Ever demon hunter build buffed by 6.5 greater rifts… Etc…

I am not sure how to make my point that any clearer that I want barbs and monks to receive a massive buff for class parity. Other classes will get much more modest buffs excluding wizards the current to class.

See:

Also in another thread, I did present data for the top 10 season 17 solo. This includes data about legendary gem levels, paragon levels, and hours played. I am sorry that I can not include all this data together in a single post. I suspect it would put some of the concerns aside.

5 Likes

I am planning another analysis for the last era. I thought my job was done back in S12 but apparently irresponsible buffing caused another unbalance… I would like to plot this.

Currently on holiday and it will be later than 2 weeks.

6 Likes

Yet you defend yourself with stuff like “Barbarians need a buff”.

Did you read what the entire Barbarian discussion have been about?
Did you read that while every other class have gotten something, Barbarians didn’t?
Did you read about Free’s explanations about the buggy game mechanic you NEED to use in order to push with the highest potential build for Barbarians? Did you read any of it?

Free is right, you didn’t consider much at all for your socalled list here. This just shows something on the outside, but when you actually know stuff, there is much more for this than you explain.
And this might be read higher up and taken seriously, so while you THINK you got something going, you can ruin stuff for others.
Leave it to those whom knows what they talk about.

Again and again people explained a lot to you and you still didn’t listen.

2 Likes

MicroRNA’s analysis in the first paragraph completely ignores wallcharging obfuscating Barb power for the past few eras and seasons, seeing as how wall charge bugs are what enabled any Barb regardless of paragon to do 128+ on the regular.

If you remove wall charge mechanics, which are clunky and extremely annoying to play, Barb is even further behind by atleast 5 tiers than what the data presents.

Context matters. This analysis is also ignoring recent buffs (DH is way ahead of Barb and Monk now, and much more powerful).

Data without context = damned lies

7 Likes

Thanks. Your analyses will be informative. I think that it will show that barbs and barbs are currently the worst and deserve to be buffed.

5 Likes

You critic OP’s analysis and then you come to some conclusions without any analysis. If you can do better analysis please go ahead.

2 Likes

What was the first season that wall charging become employed by the top 10 igreater rift clears n season and eras?

4 Likes