How quickly things are forgotten - Solo Greater Rift Summary Per Class

I fully agree. I am not going to adapt I will still play DH only. It does not have to be the best but at least make it relevant.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but the issues are disconnected, because not everyone who plays solo also plays groups, much less meta.

Separate modes, my friend. They need to be addressed on separate terms.

Buffs should not be conditional on inclusion or contribution in different modes of play. If other classes want issues addressed, they need to mobilize and organize, and not–I repeat, not–argue that buffs should be withheld from class X because they get to play in groups.

3 Likes

How? People are forced to play other classes if they want to be efficient?
Can you imagine someone getting to paragon 9800 as DH only player?

2 Likes

I am just trying to provide data to put conversations in perspective. I realize that advocates for underperforming classes want their favorite classes buffed. As Free can attest, I have stated in more than 10 posts that barbs (and monks) should be buffed. I have said that again in this thread.

If anyone takes my posts to mean that I feel that barbs should not be buffed than they have misunderstood what I said or I was not clear enough in my writing. I have in fact proposed to buff all character classes (excluding wizards). The biggest buffs in my proposal (outlined in another thread linked below) are for barbs. I want to see game balance for ALL classes. Intra-class parity is a much more difficult issue.

In this proposal every barbarian build would be buffed by ~11.6 greater rift levels. Every monk build by 10.7 greater rift levels. Every crusader build buffed by 6.6 greater rift levels. Ever demon hunter build buffed by 6.5 greater rifts… Etc…

I am not sure how to make my point that any clearer that I want barbs and monks to receive a massive buff for class parity. Other classes will get much more modest buffs excluding wizards the current to class.

See:

Also in another thread, I did present data for the top 10 season 17 solo. This includes data about legendary gem levels, paragon levels, and hours played. I am sorry that I can not include all this data together in a single post. I suspect it would put some of the concerns aside.

5 Likes

I am planning another analysis for the last era. I thought my job was done back in S12 but apparently irresponsible buffing caused another unbalance… I would like to plot this.

Currently on holiday and it will be later than 2 weeks.

6 Likes

Yet you defend yourself with stuff like “Barbarians need a buff”.

Did you read what the entire Barbarian discussion have been about?
Did you read that while every other class have gotten something, Barbarians didn’t?
Did you read about Free’s explanations about the buggy game mechanic you NEED to use in order to push with the highest potential build for Barbarians? Did you read any of it?

Free is right, you didn’t consider much at all for your socalled list here. This just shows something on the outside, but when you actually know stuff, there is much more for this than you explain.
And this might be read higher up and taken seriously, so while you THINK you got something going, you can ruin stuff for others.
Leave it to those whom knows what they talk about.

Again and again people explained a lot to you and you still didn’t listen.

2 Likes

MicroRNA’s analysis in the first paragraph completely ignores wallcharging obfuscating Barb power for the past few eras and seasons, seeing as how wall charge bugs are what enabled any Barb regardless of paragon to do 128+ on the regular.

If you remove wall charge mechanics, which are clunky and extremely annoying to play, Barb is even further behind by atleast 5 tiers than what the data presents.

Context matters. This analysis is also ignoring recent buffs (DH is way ahead of Barb and Monk now, and much more powerful).

Data without context = damned lies

7 Likes

Thanks. Your analyses will be informative. I think that it will show that barbs and barbs are currently the worst and deserve to be buffed.

5 Likes

You critic OP’s analysis and then you come to some conclusions without any analysis. If you can do better analysis please go ahead.

2 Likes

What was the first season that wall charging become employed by the top 10 igreater rift clears n season and eras?

4 Likes

It does not matter. Blizzard did not ban anyone records are still on LB.

I could also say that you took into account DH clears with UE set that used exploit with potion blasting.

1 Like

Did so a a few weeks ago. OP’s analysis leaves out a few important details.

4 Likes

Remember, folks, the Barb community has never asked for the following:

• Don’t buff other classes!
  • Don’t buff classes that are already included in group play!
  • We want to take multiple spots in the meta!
  • We want to displace current meta classes!

All we have ever asked for are buffs to our class. We have always–always–argued that other classes need buffs in a variety of ways. We stand with other class communities, regardless of inclusion in group play.

11 Likes

LOL

Analysis you linked also ignored recent buffs. So I don’t get what you want to say. No one can say for sure what will exactly happen when 2.6.6 is released. Or maybe you know??? If you know let me see the numbers.

2 Likes

Nope. If you read what I linked it’s taken from current era, current patch. Clearly you didn’t read it.

6 Likes

Legit good question.

It began when Vile Charge became a viable build, and for a while, it was our only viable build. We’re talking before 2.4.1.

R6 HOTA is a much newer build and was only feasible as of 2.6.4. It leans much more heavily on wall-charging and can also abuse the “bug pack.”

3 Likes

I don’t have to read it to know that you did not take into account patch 2.6.6. It is just impossible. The point is: don’t ask someone to do something you could not do yourself.

Barbs have not received buffs in 2.6.6.

Much like 2.6.5, this patch offers us nothing of substance.

4 Likes

No analysis in any forum takes into account 2.6.6 because 2.6.6 hasn’t released yet. The analysis in this OP does not either. So I don’t know what your complaint is.

Read this carefully, it’s data from the current patch and explains why Barb data is misleading, EVEN WHEN Barb data is lowest in all servers, it’s in reality even lower than that.

1 Like

I will kindly offer you DHs spot in this game if you give me meta spot for next 20 season. And I really hope you accept.

Patch does not change anything for DH. We will be out meta again.

3 Likes