How is this fun, Blizzard?

8 redeemers in a row?

What are even the odds of getting the same item 8 times in a row? 0.25^8 = 0.0000152587890625?

Why even require ALL ethereals instead of just unlocking the transmogs individually?

There’s nothing fun about this event. Setting aside the absurdly row rate at which ethereals drop normally I had to delete a character just to make disposable ones and spend endless hours getting transmogs fora class i almost never play (crusader) just to get access to the ones I do play. I play D3 because I want to play a game that isn’t a full time job. If I wanted to spend a hundred years looking for one item I’d have stuck with D2. Just so you can pad some player numbers for shareholders? What made Blizzard great is the amount of care they used to put into each individual game. This is just degenerate McGaming.

4 Likes

People figured out within 48 hours of season start how to get all 21 on the same day.

It’s not Blizzard’s fault some people are too faded to catch on…

#GetAClue

10 Likes

I don’t play multiplayer. the fastest single player way is to farm goblin rings and run vault with a low level char, which will def not get you “all 21 on the same day” when the gen spits out the same one 8 times in a row (and that’s not even counting the crowns). And i’m not sitting all day on a game because I have a life.

All of which doesn’t change the horrible design of the event. There was someone else here with 600+ paragon without seeing a single ethereal. I have to delete a character because i can only rebirth 3 times and i have to play with characters I don’t want to play with just to unlock transmogs on a completely different class.

it’s a bad event designed to artificially inflate playing numbers instead of putting in the effort to entice people to play longer by adding actual content.

3 Likes

All this tantrum for some transmogs? Realy?

8 Likes

Well, his name certainly is appropriate.

6 Likes

I thought that these types of complaints ended 10 weeks ago.

5 Likes

There’s a good chance that you can land on Redeemer in a repetitive motion at the wheel. Let’s say each of the Ethereals have equal weight with, 33% chance to roll and your chance to land 8 of the same item from Vault runs would be; 0.33 ^ 8 = 0.00014~. That’s %0.01 chance; so small at the odds but it’s just like getting a really good gg-Primal out of twenty Primals. Not unseen in the game but still rare.

On the other hand, if Ethereal item weights, I mean rarity of them are at different rates you can never be sure. For example; I burnt through so many Puzzle rings when trying to hunt for the last transmog item, Mang Song’s Lesson. I got so many of The Oculus and Wizardspike until I get mine after a total of 8, maybe 9 Puzzle Rings.

1 Like

Maybe they started late?

Meanwhile, by the end of the first week of the season…

Once I had the puzzle rings, it took me around 90 minutes total (creating new heroes, levelling them to level 6, running vaults) to get the 18 non-Barb ethereals.

This far into the season, it should be incredibly easy to earn blood shards on your main hero. In which case, create a new Witch Doctor, level it to 31, and spend your blood shards on rings at Kadala using the WD. At that level, they only have three possible legendary rings available to them, so roughly a third of legendary rings obtained will be puzzle rings.

4 Likes

It’s the goal of this season.

So play non-season.

6 Likes

There are chat rooms that cater (or at least did) to doing just this. I only play with friends but they didn’t want to get the transmogs. So, I went in this room and we all collaboratively got our own transmogs. Just did rifts and got them. I got the same ones a lot but it took me like 1-2 hours. Did some puzzles too.

He’s p732 seasonal…

1 character required

1 Like

Google it and find out how farm them efficiently.
Got em all 21 in a couple of hours…
Duplicates too. Many, yes.

Or search this forum. Plenty of howtos here.

1 Like

Yeah, like the one about half a dozen posts above this one…

1 Like

Well, it clearly depends on how much you play, but for me getting the 18 ethereals for the classes I didn’t main took about an hour after getting the rings. Longest time a single class took was 15 mins, lowest time was under 3. Farming the rings probably took a while, never actually paid attention as that was acquired trough normal play and spending shards on a level 31.

Uh oh. Yet another expressing their genuine dislike for the design of the achievement. Of course, one could set their watch to the deliberate, predictable, belittling responses to the OP’s genuine dislike.

@JohnnyRage:
Its ok to not like the design of the achievement. Its also perfectly fine to express your dislike.

2 Likes

It’s also perfectly fine to respond to that complaint by pointing out that the achievement can be obtained in under two hours, despite the OP’s hyperbole about it taking “endless hours” or them having to spend “hundreds of years looking for one item”.

The season’s been running for around 3000 hours at this point. Is spending 2 of them getting a Feat of Strength to unlock 21 cosmetics unreasonable?

2 Likes

Everything. Every. Single. Thing in this game is about farming. You farm items, you farm gold, you farm experience, you farm materials. It’s a farming simulator with the crops being endless hordes of demons, spiders, and zombies. If you play solo it gets frustrating at times. Maybe join a clan? Or you could start your own. Call it “Mad About Farming” or “Gold McDonald”. But it’s extremely doubtful Blizzard will ever do anything to make farming easier, especially because of some random complaints on the forum.

1 Like

Redeemers are the good ones. You got incredibly lucky!

lol “once I had the puzzle rings” what do you think takes up the time? Get out of my thread.

I already did that. the explanation of how I farmed is literally in the first post of this thread. feel free to get out of my thread as well if you’re gonna reply without reading.

the only way you got “2 hours” was by… ignoring the most time-consuming portion of the achievement (farming goblin rings).

I don’t mind farming. I mind having to farm for crusader items to get items for classes I actually play, among other bad design elements nobody in this thread has actually addressed because brown nosing blizzard is the actual goal of most people here

2 Likes