How is this fun, Blizzard?

Maybe they started late?

Meanwhile, by the end of the first week of the season…

Once I had the puzzle rings, it took me around 90 minutes total (creating new heroes, levelling them to level 6, running vaults) to get the 18 non-Barb ethereals.

This far into the season, it should be incredibly easy to earn blood shards on your main hero. In which case, create a new Witch Doctor, level it to 31, and spend your blood shards on rings at Kadala using the WD. At that level, they only have three possible legendary rings available to them, so roughly a third of legendary rings obtained will be puzzle rings.

4 Likes

It’s the goal of this season.

So play non-season.

6 Likes

There are chat rooms that cater (or at least did) to doing just this. I only play with friends but they didn’t want to get the transmogs. So, I went in this room and we all collaboratively got our own transmogs. Just did rifts and got them. I got the same ones a lot but it took me like 1-2 hours. Did some puzzles too.

He’s p732 seasonal…

1 character required

1 Like

Google it and find out how farm them efficiently.
Got em all 21 in a couple of hours…
Duplicates too. Many, yes.

Or search this forum. Plenty of howtos here.

1 Like

Yeah, like the one about half a dozen posts above this one…

1 Like

Well, it clearly depends on how much you play, but for me getting the 18 ethereals for the classes I didn’t main took about an hour after getting the rings. Longest time a single class took was 15 mins, lowest time was under 3. Farming the rings probably took a while, never actually paid attention as that was acquired trough normal play and spending shards on a level 31.

Uh oh. Yet another expressing their genuine dislike for the design of the achievement. Of course, one could set their watch to the deliberate, predictable, belittling responses to the OP’s genuine dislike.

@JohnnyRage:
Its ok to not like the design of the achievement. Its also perfectly fine to express your dislike.

2 Likes

It’s also perfectly fine to respond to that complaint by pointing out that the achievement can be obtained in under two hours, despite the OP’s hyperbole about it taking “endless hours” or them having to spend “hundreds of years looking for one item”.

The season’s been running for around 3000 hours at this point. Is spending 2 of them getting a Feat of Strength to unlock 21 cosmetics unreasonable?

2 Likes

Everything. Every. Single. Thing in this game is about farming. You farm items, you farm gold, you farm experience, you farm materials. It’s a farming simulator with the crops being endless hordes of demons, spiders, and zombies. If you play solo it gets frustrating at times. Maybe join a clan? Or you could start your own. Call it “Mad About Farming” or “Gold McDonald”. But it’s extremely doubtful Blizzard will ever do anything to make farming easier, especially because of some random complaints on the forum.

1 Like

Redeemers are the good ones. You got incredibly lucky!

lol “once I had the puzzle rings” what do you think takes up the time? Get out of my thread.

I already did that. the explanation of how I farmed is literally in the first post of this thread. feel free to get out of my thread as well if you’re gonna reply without reading.

the only way you got “2 hours” was by… ignoring the most time-consuming portion of the achievement (farming goblin rings).

I don’t mind farming. I mind having to farm for crusader items to get items for classes I actually play, among other bad design elements nobody in this thread has actually addressed because brown nosing blizzard is the actual goal of most people here

2 Likes

Ahh… the old, “I like farming the way I like farming but the game isn’t designed exactly how I want it to be so I’ll get on the forums and rage about it.” play. A true classic. I mostly play one class in a season. When I had a pile of puzzle rings I farmed the ethereals and finished them in about two hours. Yeah, it’s random and the random in this game sucks festering donkey balls. I regularly go 50+ rolls at the forge without getting an ancient. My “record” is 63. All you can do is pray to RNGesus (or curse him) and try again. That’s how the game is designed. You don’t like it? Don’t play it.

1 Like

only way you already have “a pile of goblin rings” that can cover 18 ethereals is if you play this game like it’s a job. Go play D2 and stop enabling this nonsense in D3, which was specifically redesigned to not be a massive time sink.

most diablo players are literal stockholm syndrome sufferers. “if it doesn’t take 100 hours it’s casual” nevermind that the actual gameplay is pretty brainless.

Anyone else look at the OP’s name and think,
Johnny Road Rage
or maybe
Johnny Road Rash
??

Just me?

Oddly enough I didn’t need to farm 18 other ethereal weapons. Only about 10 or 11. Because even playing just one class the random “smart loot” drops of other class weapons happened enough to get some of them. Especially doing GR90+ runs. Again, if you’re not getting to farm high level rifts join a clan. The game has multiplayer for a reason. Stop complaining about how the game is designed if you’re not actually playing it the way it was designed to be played. You’re figuratively (not literally) pounding a round peg into a square hole and complaining it doesn’t fit. Well, duh. What did you expect?

I averaged about 2 rings per shard dump, for me it takes about 10 mins to do 4 grifts (at 115+, you could of course go lower for more speed) and fill my shards. That’s 12 rings an hour not counting any potential drops if that’s your primary goal.

Lets call it 10 to be somewhat pessimistic. That’s 3 hours for 30 rings. Unless you have extremely poor RNG that should have you covered. So 4 hours in total.

Is it more than your daily playtime? Maybe, but it’s not an exorbitant amount of time.

It’s a game you play for enjoyment, if you don’t enjoy the basic gameplay, why the hell do you play?

Make a Witch Doctor, level it to 31, earn blood shards on your main and spend blood shards on your Witch Doctor on rings at Kadala. At that level, they only have three legendary rings in their loot pool, one of which is the puzzle ring. Assuming your main could do GRs in 2-3 minutes each, for 400+ blood each run, you could have 1500-1600 blood in 8-12 minutes, i.e. an average of 10 minutes. I’d expect to get at least 1-2 puzzle rings for spending that amount of blood shards. You get 1-2 ethereals per Vault run, and need 18 for the classes other than your main, assuming you get some duplicates, you shouldn’t need more than 15-20 rings. Let’s assume 20 rings required, and getting 1-2 rings for each 10 minutes on your main, that’s under two hours of GRs to get the blood, to get the rings.

So, the thing that “takes up the time” is something you’d be doing on your main anyway, i.e. a couple of hours of GR runs.

“I averaged about 2 rings per shard dump”

I don’t. I couldn’t care less how fast people who play this game like a second job can get goblin rings and i’m not your mommy so I’m not gonna tell you what a good little boy you are. Go away.

“It’s a game you play for enjoyment, if you don’t enjoy the basic gameplay, why the hell do you play?”

Brainless =/= unfun.

It’s brainless and fun. Part of the fun is derived from steady dopamine hits. When a game like this fails to provide them people like me get frustrated and complain on the forum. AKA it’s bad design, enforced by people who play it as a second job rather than a hobby. To make matters worse you could all play path of exile or grim dawn or diablo 2 or some other arpg specifically designed for you but that’s still not enough for you people. Every diablo clone must be made as tedious as possible.