How is this fun, Blizzard?

Ahh… the old, “I like farming the way I like farming but the game isn’t designed exactly how I want it to be so I’ll get on the forums and rage about it.” play. A true classic. I mostly play one class in a season. When I had a pile of puzzle rings I farmed the ethereals and finished them in about two hours. Yeah, it’s random and the random in this game sucks festering donkey balls. I regularly go 50+ rolls at the forge without getting an ancient. My “record” is 63. All you can do is pray to RNGesus (or curse him) and try again. That’s how the game is designed. You don’t like it? Don’t play it.

1 Like

only way you already have “a pile of goblin rings” that can cover 18 ethereals is if you play this game like it’s a job. Go play D2 and stop enabling this nonsense in D3, which was specifically redesigned to not be a massive time sink.

most diablo players are literal stockholm syndrome sufferers. “if it doesn’t take 100 hours it’s casual” nevermind that the actual gameplay is pretty brainless.

Anyone else look at the OP’s name and think,
Johnny Road Rage
or maybe
Johnny Road Rash
??

Just me?

Oddly enough I didn’t need to farm 18 other ethereal weapons. Only about 10 or 11. Because even playing just one class the random “smart loot” drops of other class weapons happened enough to get some of them. Especially doing GR90+ runs. Again, if you’re not getting to farm high level rifts join a clan. The game has multiplayer for a reason. Stop complaining about how the game is designed if you’re not actually playing it the way it was designed to be played. You’re figuratively (not literally) pounding a round peg into a square hole and complaining it doesn’t fit. Well, duh. What did you expect?

I averaged about 2 rings per shard dump, for me it takes about 10 mins to do 4 grifts (at 115+, you could of course go lower for more speed) and fill my shards. That’s 12 rings an hour not counting any potential drops if that’s your primary goal.

Lets call it 10 to be somewhat pessimistic. That’s 3 hours for 30 rings. Unless you have extremely poor RNG that should have you covered. So 4 hours in total.

Is it more than your daily playtime? Maybe, but it’s not an exorbitant amount of time.

It’s a game you play for enjoyment, if you don’t enjoy the basic gameplay, why the hell do you play?

Make a Witch Doctor, level it to 31, earn blood shards on your main and spend blood shards on your Witch Doctor on rings at Kadala. At that level, they only have three legendary rings in their loot pool, one of which is the puzzle ring. Assuming your main could do GRs in 2-3 minutes each, for 400+ blood each run, you could have 1500-1600 blood in 8-12 minutes, i.e. an average of 10 minutes. I’d expect to get at least 1-2 puzzle rings for spending that amount of blood shards. You get 1-2 ethereals per Vault run, and need 18 for the classes other than your main, assuming you get some duplicates, you shouldn’t need more than 15-20 rings. Let’s assume 20 rings required, and getting 1-2 rings for each 10 minutes on your main, that’s under two hours of GRs to get the blood, to get the rings.

So, the thing that “takes up the time” is something you’d be doing on your main anyway, i.e. a couple of hours of GR runs.

“I averaged about 2 rings per shard dump”

I don’t. I couldn’t care less how fast people who play this game like a second job can get goblin rings and i’m not your mommy so I’m not gonna tell you what a good little boy you are. Go away.

“It’s a game you play for enjoyment, if you don’t enjoy the basic gameplay, why the hell do you play?”

Brainless =/= unfun.

It’s brainless and fun. Part of the fun is derived from steady dopamine hits. When a game like this fails to provide them people like me get frustrated and complain on the forum. AKA it’s bad design, enforced by people who play it as a second job rather than a hobby. To make matters worse you could all play path of exile or grim dawn or diablo 2 or some other arpg specifically designed for you but that’s still not enough for you people. Every diablo clone must be made as tedious as possible.

@JohnnyRage I just want to clarify so that I understand your complaint. You are upset that you have had some bad luck with ethereal drops? You are upset that blizzard requires all ethereals achievement to keep them is non season? Sounds to me like you want everything handed to you. Then when others are telling you how you can have it handed to you you just cry some more. Why don’t you just do what they are saying and be done with the ethereal hunt today?

If you don’t like this game you can leave. No one is holding you hostage. We are tired of people crying about this game. The game has been the same for years. If you want perfect gear after one season this is not the game for you. If you want all the ethereals but have very limited time you will need to use the vault farming method or go without the ethereal achievement. This is a farming game and you will be required to farm to get the things you want.

1 Like

So let me get this right. You complain that it’s to slow, when we give you pointers on how to speed it up that’s irrelevant information?

So you expect it to be fast while you purposely play slow, or what is the point of your whine?

2 Likes

Clearly you aren’t trying to unlock the amazing “Whining the Loudest on the Forums” achievement. You get an amazing troll pet that doubles your chances of getting banned from the forums.

The method I described to obtain the puzzle rings was by running GRs on your main, i.e. something you’d absolutely be doing anyway, and would take under two hours. Since when is playing the game for two hours, from a 3000 hour season, considered to be so onerous as a job?

“just rift at higher levels bro” is not a pointer.

The most common “pointer” has been to tell me to use a strategy I AM ALREADY USING AND OUTLINED IN THE FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD.

I don’t want your useless pointers on how to speed it up. In fact your post contributed absolutely nothing of use except enable Blizzard to continue phoning it in on this game.

oh look, another genius telling me to use the “vault farming method” I already said I was using in the OP.

The game has not been “the same for years”. I’ve never had to delete a character to participate in an event before, for starters, nor have they forced me to play a class I don’t want to play to access a different class’s cosmetics.

So, you just want to continue whining about how slow it is, rather than take the advice about how to speed it up? Fair enough, enjoy being slow.

Actually the only thing you “outlined” was that you used puzzle rings. Clearly you’re doing it wrong if it takes “endless hours” and “a hundred years” when others can do it in 4 hours or less as proven.

No? Getting the wings for doing the set dungeons require mastery of all classes (bar Necro) to get, so that “forced” you to play classes you might not like for the cosmetic reward.

1 Like

Guess there’s always a first time for everything? I have realized that I deleted my ages old Witch Doctor that I spent a good 800+ hours on it just for this season.

1 Like

What did you think I was using the puzzle rings for?

Is there a way to mute/block people on this forum? I can feel my brain cells commit suicide one by one when I read replies like these.

No? Getting the wings for doing the set dungeons require mastery of all classes (bar >Necro) to get, so that “forced” you to play classes you might not like for the cosmetic >reward.

Wings aren’t a different class’s cosmetic. You also need to play other classes to get that particular class’s transmogs for another class. But you don’t have to play a necro to get crusader transmogs (or vice versa).

telling me to use a strategy I already said I was using 4 posts in a row is a useless “pointer”.

At this point I can only assume you’re a product of the Chicago school system in which case you have my condolences.

Who would have thought you need to farm items in a farming game? What is blizzard doing to us?

1 Like

Dude, you claimed that getting the rings was the time consuming part, you never said HOW you did that.

It’s a cosmetic that requires play of all classes. The end result is the same, whether you want to laser focus on “class” cosmetic rather than just cosmetic changes nothing.

I would have outlined my strategy in crayon but blizz forums won’t let me post pics.

At the top-right of the forum, click your avatar. From the drop-down menu that appears, click the right-most icon, i.e. Preferences. Click on Preferences, Notifications, Users, Add+, enter their Battlenet ID and choose a duration for the Ignore (up to and including permanently). There’s also a Mute option in the same screen.

Have fun in your echo chamber.