Hopes for new sets

1. That they’re not simply used to provide a damage buff to under utilized skills. Legendaries can do that.

2. Instead they should focus on enhancing interaction between skills/introducing new playstyles in an interesting, intuitive and functional way and adding interesting twist to existing skills.

3. That they take up some slots not normally used for 6pc sets so that we can create X6/Y4 builds that are competitive with straight single class set builds.

4. That under performing legendaries aren’t fixed by sets… Fix the legendary and use the set to add in new playstyles.

I’d love sets designed around:

• traps damage for the DH
  • a pet/ranged crusader play style
  • a Barb build with stronger aoe
  • a plague and disease caster set for WD that isn’t centered around hitting enemies with x skill in order to do multiplied damage against enemies.
  • a summoner set for Wiz.
10 Likes

I run solo, so I I would like to see a rework of Asheara’s Vestments that would let you have all of the followers active full time.

• +300 All Resistances (2 pieces)
  • +30% Life, plus an energy shield that repels a % of incoming damage (3 pieces)
  • All Followers active full time and cannot die, they also do a % of your damage (4 pieces)
  • Four Iron Wolves come to your aid for 15 seconds, with a 60 second cool down (6 pieces)
    Iron Wolves use elec bolts that stun each enemy hit for 5 seconds, plus a % of your damage.
  • updated based on Gasnick build (see below)
5 Likes

Yes the DH spike trap needs some love, so do the zombie dogs for WD.
For the wizard and other Classes like WD (Grin Reaper) that can do mirror images, I’d like to see the same quality bestowed on the Monk with Rabid Strike passed to some weapon with the other classes that can do this with a slightly increased damage ratio. There is a DH vengeance rune (From the shadows) with multiples as well that could benefit from it.

Yes to both posters above. All good ideas.
Come to think of it, the classes that do not have mirror imaging could benefit from that as a new property, if balance is what they seek. The Barb still needs some love too.

1 Like

Each Class will recieve a 5th Set. This doesnt mean 7 new sets. It could simply mean weve heard you finally reworked BlackThornes into a Full Support Set . GG theres ur 5th universal set for 7 classes. I sorely hope this isnt the case though

3 Likes

I’ve started to collect the BlackThornes Set, because I belive this set will be changed next…

2 Likes

I do not think that it will effect anything you currently have in stash. Similar to the new (updated) items in S18, we had to locate them all over again. :sunglasses:

We can only hope.

Overall, I just want to say - really good thread topic. I really like the format for presenting points. Clean, clear, succinct. GJ OP

4 Likes

Items and craftable sets - yes, but BT-Set is like Danettas or the ring set (Litany & Wailing host). I can remember that the legandarx effect changed at the old parts, too. Like changes to the effects of all class sets.

I really would like to see new sets for skills that use legendaries which are severely underpowered…for example:

Phalanx & Heavens Fury for Crusader
Caltrops/Explosive Traps & dual wielding build for DH

4 Likes

I would prefer it, if the sets provided generic buffs while having some added mechanics to it. Skills that need boosting can be done so via legendaries or buffs to said skills themselves.

2 Likes

Demon Hunter traps set idea:

Rework Trag’Oul Coils to gain all Spike Traps runes so we can just pick the element we want. With custom trigger… we can use either generators or spenders. Also rework spike traps to have up to 10 active at one time.

Then add new set:

2pc - Sentry gains the effect of all runes and also automatically attacks using the rocket based runes of Cluster Arrow and Multishot, and also your spenders. Gain Spike Trap charges at 1 per second.

4pc - Gain the Custom Engineering and Ballistics passives, and double the effect of the Custom Engineering passive. Gain 60% damage reduction when a Caltrop is laid. (I want a damn use for Omryn’s Chain!)

6pc - Enemies hit by Sentry, Spike Traps or Caltrops takes X% more damage from these skills and returns 1 discipline each time an enemy is hit.

Be sure to make this set use the standard 6pc set slots so that the optimal set up isn’t Traps Set 6/Maurauders 4.

3 Likes

That would mean it should revolve around Familiar, Mirror Images and Hydra. If so, that would be great, since these skills really need some love. As suggested by OP I would also prefer the upcoming set to add a foundation of mechanics and then have dedicated legendaries focussing those skills on top, thus defining the build. That way those items, newly introduced or reworked, could also be used in combination with existing general sets like Firebird, Tal Rasha and of course LoN/LoD…

But I guess we will have to wait for one or two of those new sets to be released until we know how far they are willing to go.

1 Like

I prefer my version of the set:

Asheara’s Vestments

Set Bonuses:

• Each time your follower deals damage your damage taken is reduced by max 25% and your followers benefit from your equipped legendary gems (2 pieces)
  • Your follower benefits and gains 100% more from your paragon points. Followers also gain access to all skills and their cooldown reduced by 50%. (3 pieces)
  • Gain all followers at once and increase their max damage by 5000%. Each time a follower kills an enemy you deal 7500% increased damage for 15 seconds. You can have one follower to fight by your side when in a party and the damage boost is lowered to 500% for your follower and 750% for you. (4 pieces)

This makes followers actually more useful than they’re right now…

2 Likes

I think all of that is good but after seeing what 10,000% damage increase did in the main green sets, I’d make it substantially more. They could get away with it because the three followers are not up all of the time. With all the increased damage across the board, allowing for higher rift climbing, that would become less useful after a certain point. at only 5,000%.

Yes please, especially would be interested in Crusader pet and Wiz summoner sets.

+1

2 Likes

How would this one work, would it be based on the Crusader’s Phalanx Bowmen and Falling Sword?

1 Like

To me, the statement that “Our crew is hard at work crafting… a new set for each class” means that each of the 7 classes will get a new set. If anything less than that is happening, Blizzard needs to communicate that to the player community as soon as possible. Otherwise, they will have a PR debacle on their hands.

Blizz also said they were “hard at work crafting additional… dozens of Legendary powers, and some class balance changes.” So I expect we will see more changes to items in the future that are not set related, probably within the next 2-24 months. It would be nice to see new stuff (for PC/Mac or console) announced at Blizzcon, but I’m not holding my breath.

2 Likes

Yes, I’d like to see a set that uses Phalanx. I used Phalanx early this season with Legacy of Dreams to bridge between completing L70 and obtaining a 6 piece set. Could be potent with an item that boosts damage while making Phalanx Bodyguards and Archers last until killed when used with Legacy of Dreams or Arkham Set.

1 Like

I really want a summoner build for Crusader. Would be nice if Wizard also got one.

It’s always my preffered way to play with all the classes. Love running around with an army of summons on WD.

1 Like

Crusaders have the gear for a phalanx build. The only read it’s not used is because is no good. IFF the used the cool down from champion was in the set it would make it good because there’s a mace that gives free phalanx on kill while in champion mode. Like wd fetishes.

1 Like