Hopes for new sets

Very must so. I’d love Hydras that could spit out Arcane Orbs and emit Frost Novas/Wave of Force.

I was thinking Phalanx with an item or the set granting you all runes and a shorter cooldown and the Fist of the Heavens, Blessed Shield and Heaven’s Fury skills being your ranged skills.

1 Like

I like your idea for a summoner wiz set so i threw together what I think would work

2 set bonus: Hydra gains the effect of every rune, and deals 100% increased damage
This would summon all 5 hydras not just one super hydra, with the mammoth hydra in the center and the other 4 surrounding it

4 set bonus: Your Mirror Images never die, and deal 100% of your damage
They could also be upgraded to cast spells when you do, but i feel like that would be too similar to DH’s sentry set, having them never die also lets them tank for you

6 set bonus: Your damage dealt is increased by 250%, and damage taken is reduced by 6% for each pet you have active
Since each hydra cast summons 5 pets, with the additional hydra staff and mirror images you can stack up a huge bonus

This set will only really require you to use hydra and mirror image, the rest of your skills can be whatever you want since it doesnt rely on a specific element, and the damage buff isnt restricted to certain skills

Also i think the 2 set bonus would be great to mix with tal rasha’s, since all the different hydras can proc each element

There’s a 2 man dev team running 6 or 7 games including d3…they’re doing the easiest thing they possibly can on this.

Phalanx and Fist of the Heavens both could use support. Also laws are ignored in all sets.

And you could name a bunch of stuff in other classes that are ignored.

I’d like if some sets were given more flexibility in chosen skills. Like maybe instead of hammers and falling star for the hammer set, it’s hammers, fist of heavens, falling star and condemn.

Or like UE has cluster arrow along with multishot.

Me too. But only primals.

1 Like

I was unaware of this. Obviously you know something a lot of us did not or we missed. can you post a link that tells us that?
It would explain some things, but that seems like a ridiculous workload for any employee.

Link please. :sunglasses:

I like where your headed with it. but I would rather it be less restrictive. right now if you don’t have hydras and mirror images on your bar your missing out on either either the 2 or 4 piece bonus. I personally don’t care for images. but I do want a massive hydra army spewing goo on mobs :stuck_out_tongue:.

I would also like there to be some sort of damage mitigation in the 2/4 sets so you don’t end up with going from squishy squishy to getting your 6 pc and going straight to t16.

edit: I think that 6% per hydra would be low if your only getting 5 at a time so 30% might have to double that to 12% so that your at the 60% to go with most set themes.

I have a LON Lightning Wizard in HC that I’ve been enjoying getting some joy from with the use of Manald Heal with electrocute and lightning Hydras. Apart from the old Tal/Vyrs build, this is the other way I get some damage out of the Hydras. With TnTs, they attack pretty quickly and remind me of the old M6 DH play style. I use to have Mirror Images but have since fine tuned the build to be a bit more… serious.

Still leveling up my LoD in HC but that gem has made it possible for me to squeeze in Halo of Karini for some DR which the build was sorely lacking and quite gimping in HC mode. I’m still deciding what gems to use… LoD is mandatory. I tend to use Gizzard in HC especially since I have shields, and I’m currently thinking Zeis more than BotT or Simplicity so that I can leverage off the Hydras more and make this a ranged build.

Hopefully they can introduce a wiz pet set to make playing hydra easier and more satisfying.

1 Like

They definitely should buff serpent sparkers so it can boost hydra’s damage and allow players to summon 2 additional hydras instead of one; magistrate could use a buff as well, so each rune can emit a it’s own elemental nova (or explosion depending on the rune), that way all the runes benefit.

1 Like

After all the theory crafts, its very possible we get ---- blackthorns. Its a set for EVERY CLASS.

If anyone remembers that the Invoker set was 4-piece and everyone’s, that statement is completely logical.
As Blackthorne currently stands, wearing a RORG and adding either Xepharian & Julia’s amulet (one in Kanai) with Krelms bracer, it’s getting close to the invulnerable goal, but completely lacking in damage above a certain point. If they add damage by taking it to six pieces, it will probably be popular.

EDIT: I would not be surprised with Blackthorne’s if they take it to six pieces, that they assign it to a specific character class, like they did with Invoker’s, attaching to the crusader. If they did, my guess would be the Necromancer, due to the multitude of ‘squishy’ posts since it came in as a DLC.

Yeah, I always thought that Magistrate should make Hydras emit either a Frost Nova or Wave of Force every second based on the element of the Hydra. It should also make Hydras spit out Arcane Orbs based on the Hydra element type too.

Serpent Sparker ought to increase the number of Hydras summoned to 5 and summon Hydras based on the CoE rotation if CoE is equipped.

2 Likes

I hope none of them are crafted sets, this is a game with drops…

And the OP has some nice ideas. the traps from the DH are not used at all, so lets see if they can make it fun.

1 Like

hmmmm, well if you wanna cut out mirror images you’d definitely need more hydras for the 6 pc bonus, could maybe rework the 4 pc to give certain spells a chance to summon a hydra that doesnt count towards your cap

Lolz druid is the symbol of the wolf amazom is the symbol of the storm

Blessed shield is already OP by itself and Falling Sword is part of the Akkan Condemn build so no buffs coming there.

Im running a T13 viable LoD Phalanx build but the only items that really improve dmg for it is LoD and Enforcer gems.

The four items required for Phalanx need a serious buff…

Helm - increase dmg by 100-200% per avatar (currently 40-60%) and decrease cooldown by 5-10% per avatar (currently 40-60%)

Shield - Phalanx casts twice and its damage is increased by 200-300%

2H flail - Enemies killed while Akkarats Champion is active become Phalanx avatars and deal 300-500% increased dmg

Ring - dmg reduction by 5-10% per avatar

Just some quick theorycrafting but imho Phalanx can easily become a top tier build/set.

No argument. The horse rune for Phalanx when used with the shield also needs to able to take advantage of strongarm bracers as well, because they definitely do knockback.

??? since when is Falling Sword in the Akkhan Condemn build? Seeker of the Light set (a.k.a Hammerdin) uses it though for it’s various set piece bonuses.

Ah my bad, theres another skill used in the Condemn build i was thinking of… yes you’re right Falling Sword is in the Hammerdin set bonuses… thats what i get for theorycrafting at work during my lunchbreak :grin: