Help Us Fix Diablo 3

I didn’t see these ones which should be high priority:

1 - Change XP/loot/shards across all GRs levels. Doing the highest GR in the lowest time shouldn’t be meta. Game should make you focus on fighting monters instead of running a marathon. E.g. Doing a GR 130 in 6 minutes should give you more XP/loot/shards than doing three 115 GRs in 2 minutes.

2 - Add class/type/Desired GR level filter on Public GR mode

3 - Visuals: Akarat Champion and bone armor make your character look awfull.

4 - The support meta needs to end. One support per group, they provide too much value.

5 - GR lvl 1 should have the numbers of GR 20 and start the scalling from there. That would mean 20 more GRs of difficulty.

6 - The fat lady shouldn’t give you the exact attribute roll that you are trying to re-roll

7 - Auto-pick up of gems and mats

8 - Change Hard difficulty to have Torment 1 numbers and start the scalling from there. That would mean more challenge/rewards on T16

9 - Add an expensive option to buy an XP pool on GR mode, same as the +1 gem up. Gold sink and pool problems easily fixed.

I had a evry good day got a primal dead man quiver, very good stats, BUT I wish i could use a gift and add a socket to it, my lesser one had one and I of course put a emerald in it. I know they would never do it , but maybe allow us to put a Legenary gem in it, and any off hand for any class

1 Like

What I would love the most for Diablo 3 is to improve the Two player experience.
Best way I can think of is to allow the host to retain his follower and apply its items/skills to both players.

Explanation:
The buff to the singe player experience via the Follower rework was magnificent.
While the 4 man group meta is still stronger, faster and more effective. Being a single player doesn’t feel bad at all.

But what it did was to brutally dampen enjoyment from playing with just one other person.
Currently it feels like a punishment, because playing single provides better result in pretty much every scenario.

While this part is subjective, Duo is my favorite and most played way for all RPG (that allows multiplayer). I also know I’m not alone, as I’m aware of many other people who regularly play as duos.
But sadly other than the pure enjoyment of the fact that you’re playing with your friend/partner/etc? You know that if you both played on your own it would be more effective and it makes the experience worse.

Having the host follower to apply to both players would fix this issue completely.
And the reason why both players couldn’t just have their own follower is to prevent trying to stack up as much item combination as possible.
The whole point is to get 2m play on the level of solo play. Not make it even better.

I’m not sure what could be done for 3 player games, as allowing them to have follower would be little too much. Could in some scenarios prove stronger than 4 player groups which isn’t intended.
That being said I think 3 people is already a group play and isn’t that different from 4 player option.
Duos are very specific and the difference is bigger between 2 and 3 than between 3 and 4 by a lot.

Alternative:
If having a follower present and helping would be too much for two players group. Then follower could remain in town → no skills (cheat death), buffs, etc. and the two players would only benefit from items that Emanate from a Follower chosen by Host.

Fact is… 2 player experience currently needs improvement even more, than single player did back then.

Back to your DiE example then. DiE intentionally goes class cannon in most builds he uses. What I mean is, he intentionally uses items or skills in his set ups that are weaker than most others on the Leaderboards. He also is great at “stutter stepping” which enables him to do it.

I can’t “stutter step” worth a damn. So I intentionally build my characters to be a bit “tankier” when I’m pushing doing things like running Elusive Ring over CoE, or using Fortress Ballista over another damaging dealling legendary.

My point is he does things I can’t do, which is where I’m coming from in knowing for certain that if his build is chosen, that running that CR would be an excercise in futility for me. So yeah, your example stinks. I know you chose him to counter the whole “everyone runs the same thing” argument but choosing someone that intentionally makes the game harder for your argument was pretty dumb.

On the other hand, running a build without multipliers or a build without a mobility skill or whatever “mistake” you see in a current CR is different than intentionally doing things to get yourself killed.

Point is, I will see you back here if DiE’s build is chosen begging for the CR to be changed just like folks do now with these “bad” builds.

Edit:

Another example, before I GoD came out and after Cpt. Crimson’s was changed and Squirt’s was introduced, I used to run the Unhallowed Essence Set. DiEoxiDe came up with Gizzard build.

So I took it a step forward and ran that build but did it with less than 25,000 life, rolling off all Vitality for things like Armor, All Resist, or Life per Second to make the shield as strong as possible. It was different and I ran it up to GR 118 (which was good for that set back then.)

If that build was ever chosen, I know for certain there would be howls of “this guy has no idea what he’s doing”.

Here’s a link to DiE’s thread about the Gizzard build where I chronicled my progress with my set up.

All I ask for is an offline mode and controller support on PC.

2 Likes

Salvaging a Primal yields a Primal Essence, 5 Primal Essences plus a lot of materials will roll an item to a primal that can roll any way that primal can. Once this is rolled, it can only be salvaged for random stuff, you can’t resalvage this for another Primal Essence.

Have a Death’s Breath vendor. It can be a one to one ratio of purchasing other crafting materials whites / blues / yellows.

4 Likes

yah well the fact that most maxrollers literally use TurboHud is pretty hypocritical
also should include banning for Turbohud.

nerf paragon group farming for sure, people should be able to solo for the equal amount of exp, if people want to group then they can still enjoy it that way too.

improving the ui would be nice, but you ask for some of the worst things like showing elites on the map, you know this is an RPG, it should kind of play like one, if you want to fly airwolf with the bullet proof window shield down and the internal parameter guidance system up, okay, but you might as well just migrate to EVE online at this point and take your billion spreadsheets and just auto calculate and do math all day long in the dark. Some of us want the game to remain a role playing spooky devil game.

stacked loot is lazy and botterish. it’s petty to complain about.

improved pet AI is okay, but sometimes even you are a noob failure about it. I watched your clip of the bell monk and the clone you were complaining about was literally walled by a waller, you of all people should see these technicalities, but you didnt and you ranted for several minutes about it. Go back and watch the video you still have on youtube, you’re fighting a waller and the clone gets walled and when it’s not walled you are spamming attacks that it is cloning instead of catching up to you, so it’s literally you who is causing the issue, not the clone.

Now i want smarter AI, but i dont want command skeleton for all my pets, that’s not a pet build, that’s just literally a spell with pet shaped particles. I think the pet AI is pretty smart for todays standards. The little fetish guys have a lot of problems, but pathing itself is a nightmare to program and when you have 20 pets it can get messy nothing can be done outside of just teleporting them to spots on command, which goes back to the fact that pets become a casted spell instead of entities. Smol brains dont understand this pathing issue us programmers face, but it’s real simple, place 20 players in a corridor with doorways and tell them to race to the end and you’ll see that even the most advance AI is generally better than humans at pathing 20 mobiles to the end of the map.

improve boutines only if you handle botting first, otherwise no point.

same with crafting.

reduce lag? well i mean we dont pay a subscription and they have lots of other games coming online, so i dont see how unless we pay subs.

30 sec rift closure is only brutal when you can blast through the rift in 45 seconds, so if they remove that then they need to add T20 otherwise it needs to be there for random grouping issues which you obviously didnt think or care about.

account-wide followers could be done in the armory, we could gear the armory and select the setup for the follower we have active.

Cmon Oreks dream complaints? You expect the perfect rift every time? Oreks has been more or less, never bad. Do you really want to make Oreks dream fishing a thing? Cant rank up unless it’s Oreks. Close the rift if it aint Oreks every time. Man, i thought you were at least half decent hardcore gamer, but this just stinks of lazyness and bad ideas.

Buff Bad Mob Types? yah im done with this. What a huge waste of time these suggestions were. Buff Bad Mob Types? what even…

So you got nothing. Thought so…

I do not stutter step very well either, but I was able to beat Wudi’s time on his CR challenge. While SS is a superior way of playing, it is not the end all be all. If they remove the all or nothing aspect of the CRs, then I would never complain about what build is on the CR. There is no point in doing so if you can still get rewards for trying your best. So no, you will not see me crying if they make these changes and some truly challenging (read not artificially frustrating) builds are chosen. I will keep trying until I am satisfied with my results and have learned whatever there is to gleam from the run. And if I never have to run someone’s crappy build again, I will be truly happy about it.

well its only like 3 people now anyway sooo

I do see where you’re coming from, but I hope that you can see that I don’t want CR’s to be exactly like 90+% of the rest of the game. I spend plenty of time in “endgame good builds”. I’m just saying CR’s should be a change of pace from that. Do they have to be all about builds that are still in the gearing phrase? No, that could change I suppose, but I also don’t want them to be endgame builds either.

Like I said, if I want to play a endgame build, I’ll make whatever class has one I like and play it. I believe Challenge Rifts should be a place for creativity. I’ve attempted to make builds just in the hopes that they’ll be chosen for CR’s, that are built correctly but are designed to take advantage of a Season Theme but be weaker in order to run in 45-60 GR in more than 4:30 minutes and less than 7 minutes. Perhaps using an item with underwhelming affix like Sword of Ill Will, or one that has a good affix but use a skill that’s weaker than you would normally use like using Odyssey’s End in a strictly Entanglish Shot build.

Those are the kind of builds that should be in Challenge Rifts. Something that’s different and might give the devs an idea of what items need a buff and what not. Endgame builds are already pretty balanced. CR’s should highlight skills and items that could use buffs or better affixes in some other way.

Add an option to close cow levels as well vs remaking game.

I already have, and just ONE of my ideas is 10000 times better than all of yours combined.

I really hope blizzard looks at this list seriously…
here’s some more ideas that I suggested on another post so some might be duplicated

• pet’s pick up crafting materials
  • automatically salvage white/grey, blue, yellow gear…This could be an option to select once you have no use for that gear which is pretty much soon after you hit 70.
  • any gear/items/gold that you don’t pick up gets in rifts gets mailed to you
  • Make legendary gems account wide meaning not having to level multiple of the same gem for different classes.
  • Remove area damage with a stat that doesn’t freeze the game for 75 years
  • bring back ‘inspect player’
  • allow people to level their friends in t16 (if you don’t have petrified screams)
  • allow more recipes in the cube…maybe deaths breaths can convert to bounty materials, regular materials and forgotten souls
  • make rings and amulet ALWAYS roll with sockets
  • pick your GR level when looking for public games
  • upgrading rare item (hope of Cain) in cube only gives you a legendary with an actual power. No, nobody wants a ‘Nailbiter’
  • remove blood shard caps
  • mass gambling from Kadala

Hey, Rax! I think you are wrong with every “fixes”. That’s a gameplay as we should play, Blizzard can change smth, but if it’s really necessary. After all you ask to make game easier and add THD features.

I can sum up your topic:

1. Make GR as square forest with 5 elites at corners and at the middle, for every killed elite spawn pylon. Why I write this? Just make GR as Nightmares!
  2. Ban THD :angry: ! Add THD :slight_smile:
  3. Add more comfortable sorting consum items and add paragon/followers in armory (there’s only useful and justified point)

Important thing that’s you ask to ban THD users and add THD in game, so maybe you’ll use THD instead? :slight_smile:

I would like to see a fix to the gem upgrade at the end of a greater rift. For example, instead of clicking a gem 5 times or 4 or 3 if you died in the rift, make it upgrade with 1 click. So we can finally speak with orek and close the rift faster.

1 Like

This is an awesome list, hope your work leads to some of these changes!

My suggestions:

1. Let more legendary gems work on followers. I am specifically talking about Toxin and Iceblink. They are already in the semi zDPS direction with granting Occulus, Nems and FoT and the other nice things like Wyrdward and blinds and so on, so let us have them use those two great zDPS gems. It is also a nice advantage groups have over solo players that can be removed in a cool way.

2. Give a set that increases the amount of bounty mat drops. Intended as an emanating follower set so we can bridge the gap between solo and group bounties. 3-4 times the amount to make up for having to do all 5 acts. I am not sure if this is even feasible since you would not only have to make it something you can’t wear (like make it a 4-6 piece or have a huge damage reduction) but also you would need to influence the cache itself otherwise people will just do the bounties in groups then open them afterward.

Then my input on one of yours:
I really like the idea of being able to try out the top clear and see how you do at it. I often try the Challenge Rift over and over to try and get high up on the leaderboard so this would be an even cooler version of that (which is why I am also a big fan of better rewards for better Challenge Rift placement).

But I feel like there has to be some cost to it. Give us lets say 5 tries then after that it requires something to try again. Something as rare as Petrified Screams or have it be a huge gold sink. You need to still give an incentive for players to grind and improve their own character. Otherwise many people will stop grinding once they reach that phase of doing hundreds of GR’s for small increases.

Everyone should be able to do it, because experiencing your build at the top level will be great and motivate you to try yours even more, but you shouldn’t be able to do just that the whole time. Especially if there is more than one build available at a time.

And maybe you still do it with your equipped items? Then it is also more you trying it. But would need their paragon to make it viable.

Yeap. Offline mode to the wislist.
Disaggree with paragon nerf.

Would be easy to google Diablo 3 server, within the past month, and find it.

:100:

Console QoL:

• Fix crafting in general. Having to actively craft every single item, one by one, is a pain. Even gems are upgraded like this. Much needed change.
  • Add an icon on any item in stash that is part of an armory-build. This goes for pc as well.
  • Remove nephalem glory dependancy on console, and rebalance number of monsters to PC standards. Current consoles can handle it.
  • Please place the minimap top right as on PC, and PLEASE stop moving it when you join up in a group.
  • Please mimick the group UI on pc a bit more, where all members of a party is listed top left. Now instead, we get a corner each. Not that easy to pay attention to health etc.

PC QoL wish

• Let us make a choice in the menus which act to start in when you log in. The option is there on console, why not on PC? I always port to New Tristram if I log in to any other hub.