Help Us Fix Diablo 3

Now that would be the best addition for sure.
I actually heard that a big step toward this was taken recently. But Blizzard should do it themselves.

As a casual observer, its great to see the long, thought out posts on this thread.

Don’t know if this was mentioned, but the premise of this is to build a letter to Blizzard. Raxx asked Blizzard if he could do this, and they said yes. So across the video, here, and a reddit thread, Raxx et al are creating a letter to be sent to Blizz who will, in theory, read it. Which is as much as one could really ask for.

Hi Raxx,

thanks for all the work.
but i guess this is a bit late, since d4 is just around the corner.

here are my suggestions for improvements (i don’t know if they were already included)

• the follower should do more damage like in d2/d2r
  • when you join a public grift game the grift level that is currently being played should be displayed
  • it would be good if there would be only one form of material after you recycled an item, because you can change the different materials blue yellow and white anyway with the help of the cube as desired
  • it would be nice if you could set a skill at Myriam and a value that you would like to have (for e.g. critchance, 10%) and then as long as you have material for it automatically rolls over until you get it

The point is, every build will be builds people run on their own. You want the game to be easierl for you and you tell me I"m selfish? Project much! If you want to run “good builds” then make good builds and run them. CR’s are supposed to be different than what you would normally run with any given class. It means variety. It cracks me up when “elites” piss and moan about CR’s being dumb and still make videos on how to beat them. If no one played them, then the videos wouldn’t be necessary. Content creators don’t make videos not to be watched, you know?

But now, they want their CR videos to look exactly like their GRift videos. You think “Oh this challenge rift stinks because they don’t have items with multipliers” and “it’s better to have builds that look like ones I run all the time.” And yet discount that these new Challenge Rifts will get criticized as well as. Imagine the howls when the same low skill players attempt a GR 150 with a build that makes sense and still can’t beat the time.

Rewards are cool and all until no one gets them because we’re not all “Mr. Elite”. You want to show off how good you are. Run the meta, make a video and let people watch it, don’t make the rest of the player base who are more than likely less skilled play in tiers that are out of their league because you want to play the same builds all the time.

That’s being selfish!

Which is what?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Isend’s Wish List

• Auto-walk Toggle key shortcut to (on/off)
    • I press A
    • Character auto-walks in the direction of my cursor
    • I press 1], auto-walk is briefly interrupted so skill 1) can execute
    • Character auto-walks in the direction of my cursor
    • I press A
    • Character stops to auto-walk
      Very useful:
    • For passive builds that grind dozens of hours
    • To avoid injuries on carpal tunnel
  • 1 new skill and its 5 runes for every class, with proper itemization.
    • New skill:
      • Wandering Spirits for The Necromancer (See Last Epoch)
      • Shuriken for the Demon Hunter (See Last Epoch)
      • Magic Wall for the Wizard (Fire, Water, Ice, …etc.)
      • Conversion for the Crusader (Charm with elemental buff or debuff)
      • …etc.
  • Faster RNG for Blood shard, buy, etc
  • Faster Rift Loop (Seamless gameplay )
    • When a Nephalem Rift Guardian dies, 2 portals open:
      • 1 Town
      • 1 Next Nephalem Rift
        (See Last Epoch)
  • Revive your Pets as you revive, otherwise it is double punition
  • Auto-pick / Loot Filter (Item quality, Item type:Death Breath)
  • Useful legendary items powers
    • 50% are useless currently
  • Useful legendary gems powers
    • Iceblink, Toxin, Invigorating, Mirinae, Moratorium, Pain Enhancer, Red Soul Shard, Shen’s Delight
  • Skills from any class
    • Like Diablo 2’s +1 To Teleport
    • Multiclassing (Legit in Dungeons and Dragons)
  • RNG Powers on any piece for composability
    • Ex: After using Skill X, gain Y effect or Z power for A duration in B yards against C enemies
  • Customization options, combinations and crazy runes / powers
    • Ex: { Increase / Reduce } the { size / speed } of the skill X projectiles by X%
      (See the game “Nova Drift” on Steam)
      https://store.steampowered.com/app/858210/Nova_Drift/
  • Mods like Crap Patrol in the Arcade of Starcraft 2
    • Custom heroes
    • Custom skills
    • Custom map
    • XP leveling
      Crowd sourcing creation helps with game durability and provides ideas for the main game
      (See the mod “Crap Patrol” on Youtube)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud77z8TfGOA
  • Automation League
    • Bot as a feature
    • Bots have their own league
    • Diablo as a cinema
    • ARPG as Autochess RPG (strategy + tactics)
    • Create a build, launch, supervise, improve
      (See the game “Nimbatus” on Steam)
      https://store.steampowered.com/app/383840/Nimbatus__The_Space_Drone_Constructor/

Well the above C-word certainly embodies every idea you’ve ever had…

Please share your ideas ! :face_holding_back_tears:

Not sure you are allowed to talk about stuff like that on the forum.

Big up for all the Work you all put in to make our beloved Diablo Franchise better! Much love goes out to you all. :heart:

CRs are greater rifts. So they by very definition are GR videos. Just to make it clear, I am not Mr Elite. I don’t make it on the leaderboards every season and I do try. The content creators make these videos so people can breeze through the CRs… because so many of them are POS builds that no one wants to figure out. You keep on complaining that they will all look the same, but ignore the shear number of proper builds that are available to the players. Dioxide is a good example of someone that does not run a build that copies the top leaderboard clears… unless his is the top of course. And most of the top players don’t even stream. I for one would like to get a better look at their builds by being able to actually play them. If you think challenging these clears will be easy, than think again. One CR in EU had Wudijo’s clear and it was a bit$$ to complete. And yet people did it. It was great insight on how to clear a GR. Not some frustrating run with constant running out of resources or just wondering what the hell the original player was even thinking. CRs were supposed to improve players skills and they are just not doing that as is. Just like set dungeons have little to do with the proper way to run certain builds. You keep on throwing out elite… well you do not have to be an elite to hate these CRs. They are garbage, the set dungeons are garbage, and they need to be fixed. Not once have you explained why they are valuable to the player base. So, why don’t you make a case for why we should keep them other than “They are not Elite builds”.

I’m not sure if anyone suggested this already or not. But anyway.

Back when they added Ramaladni’s Gift to the game Blizzard gave the motivation: “Everyone are playing with sockets in their weapons anyway…” (I’m paraphrasing)

And then some season(s) later they added legendary gems. You see what I mean, right?

Why can’t we use Ramaladni’s Gift on rings and amulets and get a tiny bit more diversity of stat rolls on jewellery?

1 Like

One more map to remove would be the Act V plague tunnels. It has a good chance to not have any or too few Pylon spawn points. If the only spawn point is at the beginning of the rift than there is no way to spawn a pylon. Better yet, revamp the Pylon spawn system so there are more spawn points on all maps.

1 Like

It was number 8 under wishlist in the OP.

May I humbly draw your attention to…

3 Likes

I’m not quite as good as DiEoxiDe, but we are in the same clan. If you give me his builds, I won’t be able to do the things he does. But, you wanted an example of why CR’s are okay as they are, so here you go.

With these “bad builds” which are obviously taken when characters are in the process of gearing up and don’t have the “good items” to equip or put in the cube yet, we see what players do when they haven’t got the top tier items to run a GRift in an effort to get geared. I’m sure when you’re gearing up, you don’t look at your build and say “This sucks!” You play it and cope until you get the things to make your build “good”.

Or if it not that, then it’s just slapped together to complete a challenge like The Thrill or what not. Point is, it’s kind of neat to re-experience someone else’s stuggles with gearing which may or may not mirror your early season woes.

But really, it’s not more challenging to run a “good build” in GRift 120+ or a “bad build” in a GRift 45-60. It’s just easier to play the way you always do instead of changing how you play to play someone else’s builds.

But back to your DiE example. You really expect all players to do what DiE does? Really? I’m not a bad player by any stretch. Top 20 on Akkahn Leaderboards this season. Usually somewhere in the top 100 when I try hard in seasons I play DH but me doing what DiE does everytime a CR comes along is a bit too much to ask.

And I’m thinking you won’t play CR’s whether they’re “improved” or not. So they can stay the same and it doesn’t effect you one bit.

Just sayin’.

Santa Claus letters never disappoint.

Overall, my opinion on D3 is that if we want it to be on par with modern aRPGs for the future years to come the game has to be redesigned completely with things like these dmkt mentions.

Going through 150 GRs is not fun. 50 is more than enough. Re-scale. Bounties are not fun. Scrap. Etc, etc, etc.

Needless to say, D3 won’t ever be redesigned until it isn’t released for modding or open sourced.

Regarding putting band-aid over band-aid in it the situation isn’t clear too. For which players are we doing it: for those that are to play for a short time due to taking a break from D2/D4 (we go in the more casual direction then) or for those that are to play D3 regularly (we put more stuff to grind for then)?

But since you asked for band-aids, here is mine:
Tier progression in Challenge Rifts

Don’t forget to send the complete list to 123 Elf Road, North Pole, 88888.

1 Like

Ty for the effort Raxx:

Few additional suggestions I didn’t saw on your list:

• more Multipliers on Passives, Items and Active Skills should be turned from Additive Multipliers into Multiplicative Multipliers. Which Multipliers are Additive and which ones are already Multiplicative can easily be figured out on an Item/Build Planer from e.g. Maxroll.

• more runes from Skills that are not ‘spend all your resource with one use of the Skill’ should be useful. E.g. other runes than Seismic Slam (Rumble), Skeletal Mage (Singularity), Meteor (Star Pact), etc should be made more useful / more powerful.

• more Legendaries and Sets in the vein of Captain Crimson or Aughilds with interesting effects like giving you a bonus based on other Affixes, e.g. an Cold-themed Sword that deals additional Cold Damage based on your Cold Resistance, etc, or something that converts 50% of your Maximum Arcane Power into XYZ.

Bonus Suggestion

• Give the DH’s Skill Vengeance and the Monk’s Epiphany a new Visual Effect, and maybe even Wrath of the Berserker (which is also one that many people don’t like), or give an option that hides these particular visuals / or that replaces them with simply making your char larger and have a few particle effects around it without replacing your appearance.
2 Likes

What is this? Is this for real or just a joke maybe?
Don’t play with my hopes…please…Thank you!
And Blizz you got the last shot with D4…you mess this one up iam gone for good!

So, you think it is more important to play around with builds that are in the gearing stage, the first 1-5% of the season, than the end game builds. Really not winning me over on your idea there. Oh, and I did beat Wudijo’s time on the EU server, so if I, a middle of the pack at best player, can beat Wudi’s time, why can’t you beat Dioxides? Unlike the person that ran the GR in the first place, you have the chance to run it over and over to improve your times. Huge advantage, and further insight on how to play better on the end game… you know the part that composes 90+ percent of your play.