Having issues with support

I tried to delete my account, but they want a copy of my government ID.

They never needed this information before, so why do they need it now?

I refuse to give this company anymore of my personal information.

Why reinforce such a negative stigma that is surrounding this company?

It’s just reinforcing my decision to have nothing to do with this company.

Delete my account and let me be done with this company.

4 Likes

Already covered. Did you even bother to look at the post that was right under yours?

1 Like

Blizzard has required Govt Issued ID to verify the Account holder for years now, particularly in cases of account access disputes, or irreversible actions, like deleting the account. The thread Avalon linked has a recent post explaining why. ID is not new, in any way, shape, or form, for Blizz.

Here is an example back in 2011 where Blizz requested ID documentation to verify the registered user of an account during an access dispute.

2 Likes

So i can make purchases and do everything else… but I have to provide new information to delete my account?

I refuse to accept that.

I will gladly verify any information with my account.

1 Like

It’s pretty simple logic. Show them you are who you say you are and they’ll complete your request. They destroy the picture after they verify you are who you say you are. I’ve use it to transfer a game from one account to another. It’s illegal for a US company to distribute/sell your government id or use it to market to you, so don’t be paranoid.

1 Like

I do not trust this company.

It’s a matter of principle at this point.

I refuse to give this company anymore of my personal information. I will gladly verify any information used with this account.

1 Like

Then you are S O L :expressionless:

1 Like

So be it.

Situations like this are just going to add to the fire.

Someone being po’d a Blizz could hack into my account and have it deleted. Blizzard is protecting me with this procedure.

1 Like

I refuse to give this company anymore of my personal information. I will gladly verify any information used with this account.

? You had to do that to create the account. You had to use your real name, address, and country.

That is exactly what they are asking for. To prove you are the registered account holder before permanently removing licenses that were paid for.

Sadly there have been too many cases where angry family, ex significant others, room mates, and even hackers, have submitted account deletion requests. Once it is done, it can’t be reversed, no matter why it happened.

That is why they are pretty serious about it.

Here is the support article on it, last updated 3 months ago.

2 Likes

This account deletion protocol is essential at time like this. There are a lot of people who want to cause harm to Blizzard. Nothing with make them change it.

Negative.

This company never need that information before.

1 Like

Stop repeating the same thing over and over, they already have your money, move along. :door::point_left:

1 Like

Negative.

That’s what sheep do.

Repeating the same thing over and over is what crazy people do. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The point is valid. I’ll repeat it as many times as needed.

Yes, they did. When making the account you are required by the the previous TOU, and now the EULA, to use your real legal information.

Apparently you are not.

The forums are not the means to get an account removed. You can use the Support system, or consider trying the options in the Privacy Policy

14. What do you do if you want to correct or delete your personal information?

If for any reason you are concerned with the way we are using your personal information, or would like to correct or request that we delete such personal information, please contact Blizzard Entertainment Privacy Policy, Attention: Privacy Policy Administrator, One Blizzard Way, Irvine, CA 92618-3616. You can also contact us by e-mailing us at privacy@blizzard.com. We will respond to any request for access within 30 days.

In some cases, we may not be able to delete your personal information and will retain and use our information as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce our agreements.

Please note that the deletion of your data will lead to the termination of your account and all applicable services.

Please be aware, that when you contact them via the mail or email, they may redirect you to the Support system, or request the same exact information. The Support links are actually new in the past year or two. The email and snail mail used to be the only way to do it. It was a back and forth until they got all the ID information they wanted then they went ahead and removed it. Memory says it may also required documents to be notarized.

1 Like

You would be the first one crying like a little baby if your account was hacked.
“My account was hacked, why don’t they have better security, Blah Blah Blah.”

I’ve already submitted tickets, and chatted with support.
I verified all questions asked about my account.

I shouldn’t be the one jumping through hoops.

1 Like