Having issues with support

Well, you are the one who wants it deleted, so yes you get to jump through the hoops. If it were your angry Ex trying to perma delete your account, you would be just fine with Blizz verifying things.

And apparently, if they still want ID, you did not satisfy the account verification requirements fully.

Best of luck to you in resolving this in a way that satisfies you. Posting here is not going to get any action taken with your account. Customer Support does not read the forums and the forums are not a means to submit a support request.

1 Like

I verified all questions about my account.
Why should I provide this company with any new information?

Others will read it.

If you mean others outside Blizzard? No, they won’t. Blizzard Customer Support staff are not outsourced. They are located at the Irvine, CA and Austin, TX offices for the US. Only approved and trained individuals have access to the customer information. Further, that information is only accessible from Blizzard work stations that are monitored at all times, require individual logins for accountability, and are behind the Blizzard firewall.

Federal and California laws regarding Personally Identifiable Information apply, of course.

As noted here Blizzard Support - Providing Supporting Documentation They delete the ID after they verify you are the registered account holder.

Why we need ID

Hackers often use personal details to gain access to your account. We require government-issued ID to make sure we’re talking to the legitimate account holder before we make certain changes.

Examples of these changes include authenticator removals, parental controls changes, secret question updates, or any contact where you aren’t logged in.

We’ll never use your ID for anything other than verifying account ownership. We delete the copy you send us once the ticket is resolved.

If you are convinced they are going start doing something nefarious with the IDs, feel free not to submit it. It just means you won’t get your account deleted.

The US govt is actually a LOT less secure than Blizz. The entire database of people who submitted applications for security clearances, and all their info was stolen a few years ago.

Blizz at least has not lost any personal info yet.

1 Like

I’ve made my point.
I’ve saved my screenshots of my interactions with support through chat, and the tickets. I’ve reposted them elsewhere as others have as well.

I’m well aware by this point that Blizzard has made up their mind.

However, I’ll keep yelling.
I’m not the only one.

1 Like

You may go now.

1 Like

Not until my account is deleted.

Well, that won’t happen via the forums. You can either submit ID, follow up with the channels in the Privacy Policy, or…stay frustrated? If this was a new policy to request ID for account actions, I could see your concern, but it is not in any way new.

:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

It’s a matter of principle.

They never needed this information before, and they don’t need it now.

1 Like

You were linked to a post from 2011 showing they have been asking for ID for account actions for many many years.

Google it yourself if you don’t believe me.

Also here is today’s CS post regarding how they use the ID

1 Like

When was the last time you tried deleting your account, for you to make this claim? If you’re unable to answer this, that’ll verify from my perspective that you’re mostly trolling at this point and any further discussion would be pointless.

1 Like

I refuse to give this company anymore of my personal information. I will gladly verify any information used with this account.

Looking at his comments he is just standing on a soapbox to get some attention, he wants to be a self appointed martyr. I am done with him you guys can play with him. :sunglasses:

lol

I’ve been quite clear about why I’m here.

I refuse to give this company anymore of my personal information. I will gladly verify any information used with this account.

Just spreading the message.

No matter how many times you repeat that, the stance won’t change. Unless you provide the information Blizzard requires, they won’t delete your account.

2 Likes

I refuse to accept that.

It’s a matter of principle.

Apparently not. Either you submit the ID to verify the info (name, address, country), or you don’t get your account deleted. Nobody reading here is going to get upset about this. Blizz has required real info since the beginning, and used IDs to verify it for many many years. Nobody here is shocked.

Posting here won’t “spread any info”, and won’t get your account deleted.

Maybe try your Twitter, Insta, or FB if you wish to just spread “awareness”?

You have gotten all the information there is to get. Submit ID or use the contacts in the Privacy Policy.

Then you are going to be very frustrated.

1 Like

Irrelevant. If you want your account deleted, you need to provide the information they ask.

1 Like

Negative.

They never once asked me for this information before. Why would I provide it now when they’ve shown they don’t stand behind their own principles?

How many times (prior to this occasion) have you asked your Blizzard account to be deleted?

1 Like

My point is clear. I’ve deleted accounts with zero issues on other platforms/sites without having to provide new information.