[Guide] Zodiac Rend (Season 20)

Hi, all!

After augmenting nearly all my gear on the WW Barb, I was able to do a GR110 in 5:16 recently with my current setup (Crimson, BK swords). No deaths.

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Barahir-2600/hero/42241886

I will see how far this setup takes me and then will definitely make the switch to IP Blades and/or Core Zodiac Build incl. BoM, as advised back in late April, once I hit a wall, be it due to incoming damage or insufficient damage dealt to enemies.

But I have a feeling that GR120 or even a bit higher might be possible as is. I’ll see :slight_smile:

/Edit 2020/06/18:
Now at GR111 in 6:05.
If this is a trend I might have to make the switch after reaching GR120/121.

3 Likes

Hey it’s me, your twin! I have a similar sword and for what it’s worth, I rolled off the str and my paragon is 3,974. Would do it again 10/10. :slight_smile:

As long as you have perfect cdr and area damage rolling strength off for +10% damage becomes beneficial at 20,001 main stat. Both of you are well over that mark. And some will say but you lose defense too. Well in the core build defense will never be a problem.

So I burned through ~350 keys at 138, only playing through 10 full GRs. I could have cleared 3 of them had I not made some errors in game play. Definitely a hard pill to swallow and I’m kicking myself for failing, but at least I know it’s definitely possible.

Not sure I can farm another 400 keys to try again but I’ll get it done next era for sure. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just went from Rank 120 to Rank 79 on the ladder overnight. Haven’t touched my barb in a month. Was there a ban wave?!?

Looks like I may earn a legit top 100 finish after all :smiley:

4 Likes

Yep…
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/banwave-request-please/233/911

1 Like

Awesome! Just when you think Blizz doesn’t give a shiet about this game anymore they give you a glimmer of hope lol

Arg, I didn’t take into account my seasonal character (stash quest) and logged in to find I’m now over 4K paragon. I wanted to get the highest under 4k clear… especially the GR 138 that still eludes me. Rip dream ~

wow the top 200 world rankings are moving quick. It is all 136+ now. almost sure 137 will be required to make top 200 now.

The ban waves are significant for all of 2 months. By then, the botters are back in full force and things are silly. I long ago learned to treat D3 leaderboards with a grain of salt. In my opinion, it’s better to focus on achieving your personal best and pushing the limits of what you can do with your gear, main stat, and Paragon–legit.

I applaud all legit players in your quests for PRs and wish you nothing but success.

4 Likes

I wasn’t able to get the 125 done this season, it was time that killed me. Not rift time, but lack of playing time at the end of the season.

But still, I was very happy with 124, my first seasonal ranking for a long time. Especially considering I was happy with 110 :rofl:

2 Likes

Yup, I’m just barely hanging on there. I need to clear that 138 if I want to cement a rank this era. Next era is going to be even harder for sure with people switching to barb with the other class nerfs.

When does the era end?

After season ended I was tempted to push on the Era ladder, but realized my IB swords and rings (COE/BOM) are relatively crap and I’m too lazy to farm good ones.

As patch 2.6.9 contained significant nerfs for WD and Crusaders, and included new sets for DH and Necro, and associated legendaries, I was fully expecting there to be an era reset alongside it. It makes no sense that post-nerf heroes have to compete against pre-nerf heroes, or against brand new sets. Heck, I went up around 400 ranks in the EU, non-seasonal, solo DH board last night purely because of a new Holy Point Shot.

1 Like

With the season over, we’ve now got much better data to revisit the debate on how many tiers the Season 20 theme was worth.

Looking at era vs season (US ladders):
-Top Season clear Scavenger - GR142 @Paragon 6773
-Highest Era clear of similar paragon S2k - GR141 @Paragon 6646

Delta = 1 tier on the top end. Even at the lower GRs, the data seems to consistently support the 1-2 tier difference, but I wanted to highlight the top season clear so that nobody could say I’m cherry picking here.

Conclusion = Season theme was worth 1-2 tiers, nowhere near some of the predictions thrown around last month.

1 Like

I can’t accept the conclusions of this analysis because you didn’t use tables. :wink:

3 Likes

Too much work. I’ll leave that to the more diligent folks like Rage :smiley:

There, this should help illuminate the data. Better? :stuck_out_tongue:

Game Mode Player GR Paragon
Season Scavenger 142 6673
Era s2k 141 6646
3 Likes

My reference to tables was more to do with the folks that made the claims, and are massive proponents of posting huge tables of data.

It seems my humour aim was off.

Don’t summon him from Tartarus. We finally got this forum cleaned up and you want mud and spreadsheets everywhere?

Eh, I still don’t buy it. I could be wrong, but there seemed to be a much larger benefit for low-Paragon, early-Season players who could take advantage of FnR with the Core build. Some of those clears were shocking, though it’s possible other factors were at play.

2 Likes