[Guide] H90 Frenzy: A simple guide

Hi Rage,
Yesterday I cleared 123 in 10:40 with the AW setup (S21).

https://www.d3planner.com/464489019

I have a few questions for you.

1. Haven’t rolled my chest yet, shall I stick to your guide and roll thorns to Missile dmg reduction or roll Vit to reduced dmg from elites?
  2. I also have a primal EF in my stash with STR, AS and %dmg, what should I roll to CDR? I suppose AS.
  3. Wanna try the setup with Sankis too, do I need AS on the Sankis or does the same apply as above?
  4. Any other tips for my gear?
    *Have also a primal CoE in my stash with chc, chd and cdr but with poison ressistance. Haven’t used this because I can’t get 47% with my gloves even if I roll CDR on my OK.

Good job! You mean the AZ setup, right?

1: STR-AllRes-EliteRed will be the best set of rolls, especially as you gain paragon. But, rolling off Vit now will really mean you have to make that up by shifting paragon points from Str. At this moment, that looks like it’ll cost you about 2.8% damage. That’s not a lot, but if you feel like you are just missing clearing the next GR “by inches”, you may wish to just leave the chest as it is (and maybe reroll it later).

2: Yeah, for your paragon, probably reroll the AS. It’s a bit complicated to explain, but because of the low base speed of maces plus the EF stacks that speed you up, having AS there doesn’t help you as much. If you were Paragon 5000 or something, however, you would do better to keep the AS and roll off STR.

3: For Sankis, the best set of rolls for you will be Fire%-AS-CDR.

4: Not really. You already know that the 47% CDR breakpoint is optimal. But, missing that, the next one down is 29%. Just make sure you stay above that mark.

Good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply Rage!
Good to know that the next CDR breakpoint is 29%, an ancient compass rose with chc, chd will do fine then for me :slight_smile:

Hey Rage!

I’ve tried H90 today for the first time.
I was surprised because I can do GR around 110 actually pretty fast. Things start to slow down after 115, and above 120 (my current record) I will need to start fishing.

My Gear is still far from ideal (I used the items I had available in the stash) and I have no augments yet. I chose CDR over AS on all the rolls because I couldn’t get both with my imperfect gear - not sure if it was a good call!

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Wanderer-2865/hero/134853234

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hey Wanderer,

Glad you’re enjoying the build!

If you can optimize either CDR or AS, you will probably get a hair more offense out of the AS. But, CDR is better defensively, as it means you spend more time being immune to CC. There’s no obvious choice there.

Most stuff I know about the build is in the guide, but if you have any questions, ask, and I’ll answer!

Good luck out there.

First time looking at the frenzy guid, awesome! I’ve played frenzy since last season when I was still on console before getting a pc back.

Must say I’m glad to see some 120+ clears with it. I’ve only managed to get 119 gr passes before I hit a wall and proceeded with wwrend to edge to 121.

I hit 123 on console using aughilds (spelling) so tried it again this season on pc but couldn’t quit but 120 with it. After looking at this guide I’m sure I did not optimize good for rolls lol. There is something special about generator builds that can hit above 110GR I just love.

Just tried 120 with Augh set and FoT with CoE instead of endless walk set and with a bad start to maps, I did complete it so will be experimenting with this setup more. ( lost augment on amulet with this change and not fully augmented. Also do not have my simplicity gem up to the 120 level yet).

3 Likes

Hi Rage. Got a question :slight_smile:
The frenzy - dmg on Belt, is it a differnt multiplier than the one on the set?

background: I got 2 belts, 1 with +399 Frenzydmg 550 Str , Allres and Life per Fury (not needed)

Second Belt 580 Str, 550 Vit , same amount of Allres , +394 % Frenzydmg. So i could turn those 550 Vit into an extra 550 Str.

Its 550 Str vs 5% Frenzydmg. Which one wins in terms of dmg?

Set and belt multipliers are different. 4% more Frenzy there will give you about 1% more damage. Go with the 2nd belt.

so 550 str > 5% frenzydmg ?

Yep, 550 Str will be better as long as you have less than about 45000 STR.

Nice, thx for the quick reply man <3

1 Like

Does anyone know if H90 still doesn’t have good WOTB uptime? I remember playing it last season and it felt kind of bad waiting for WOTB so I wouldn’t die…

I really like the set, probably my favorite, I will still use the set regardless, just think it would help it out a lot if it could get better uptime on WOTB.

Nothing has changed with the set. Season 22 can opt to include the Zodiac ring in the Cube, though without a spender in the build, that won’t do any anything.

Thank you for the information and the reply!

1 Like

You could perhaps include In-geom in the extra Season 22 cube slot to help WotB cool downs, once you’ve taken out that first elite.

I guess the major options for S22 will be:

• Add RoRG in cube, wear Aughild bracer plus one other piece.

• Add Echoing Fury in cube. This has the benefit of not proccing fear, in addition to the obvious AS buff.

• Add Flavor of Time in cube. Doubled pylons? Yes, please!

• Add Furnace in cube. Probably a little less good than using Aughild, but lets you use a different bracer, if you want to.

• Add In-Geom or Messerschmidt’s Reaver in cube. Helps with your cooldowns a little bit. In-Geom will be better for speeds, Reaver for pushing.

• Add Unity in cube. If you need more toughness.

• Add Vambraces in cube. If you need more healing and aren’t already wearing them.

• Add Oathkeeper in cube, carry the IB set. You have to spam BR to keep stacks up, which is kind of a pain, but this is a pretty decent option.

Ultimately, I think adding RoRG+Aughild is going to be best for most people. You get both more damage and more toughness. In a really optimal rift, taking FoT might be the best option.

A lot of good and interesting stuff to choose from!

5 Likes

Reaver in cube would be my pick tbh, since possibility of 100% WoTB uptime seems too good.

2 Likes

That’s a good point. For speeds, In-Geom would be superior, but for pushing, Reaver would be significantly better.

I don’t think either would be as good as RoRG/Aughild, EF, FoT, or IB, but it’s another nice point of customization.

Added.

Thank you for these pointers, very insightful!

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile: Im new so thank you for your guide, i tried to read all of the comments.
Just something i found and am still playing atm because i still havent found a good azurewrath and lack paragon for hp i am using EF Lightning dmg with wyrdward and parthian defender bracers to not get oneshot. its just another tanking EF option i wanted to share.
also fear on EF plus at some point u cant keep up the stacks makes it clearly inferior to azure. sadly.
cheers.

P.s.: i know i shuld rock BoM but im too lazy to keep it up lol.

I am currently testing ess of johan with painenhancer with the lightning wyrd EF build and it looks very good