[Guide] H90 Frenzy: A simple guide

Not bad. I’m sure he could go a good bit further.

Wario’s generally an excellent player (he’s one of the best Leapquake players out there), and if he’s in the same ballpark with this build as 엔류 or Jedizinid then I’d estimate 135 or so is pretty doable, with this season theme, at around 3k paragon. If on the other hand, this is really his limit or close to it, then he’s only about as good at the build as I am, which is to say again: not bad.

1 Like

His gear is very subpar - he even talks about it at the end of the video. I think he just doesn’t like the build much… “OMG I never have to play this sh*t build again” pretty much sums it up lol.

This is just a side interest for him, his main is DH. He’s definitely one of the most skilled players in the world. He was NA #1 DH at the end last season before he got removed due to banwave.

You’ll get no argument from me about his overall skill level, but keep in mind that being very good at one build doesn’t necessarily make you very good at another. There are some folks who seem to be excellent at just about everything (i.e Wudijo, DP, etc) but that’s not always the case.

You’re the expert on the build, you tell me if he’s good based on the video :laughing:

Have you ever tried the build? If not, you should: you might like it.

As for layers of rng, this build certainly has a lower “spread” than Rend. The optimum possible rift is still a 2-floor Festering/Battlefield with Swarms/Lacuni Thrall / Horror Mother, pylons in all the right places, easy-to-kill elites, and a single target RG, but you’ll get less of a GR buff from that rift with Frenzy (maybe +5 GRs) than you would with Rend (+10 GRs, or more).

So: to achieve your absolute best, you’d actually need to fish just as much. But individual deficiencies in the rift will cost you less GR levels than they would with Rend.

I tried it half-assedly at the end of last season with crappy gear I was able to scavenge. It’s a very different experience than Rend, that’s for sure. It felt harder to play for me (accurately clicking elites when there’s lots of density) than Rend where you just AOE everything without needing precision, but that may just be a learn2play issue on my part. Grinding GRs with the build feels more painful than Rend since you actually have to pay attention whereas with Rend I could just kinda space out or focus on other things simultaneously.

I would have expected the pylon positions to matter much less than Rend since you don’t have the luxury of dragging all the packs to pylon, and so at best you’ll kill 3 packs with a condi if you’re really lucky (as opposed to 5). Also assume pylon power helps more with this build - getting a power pylon right before the RG would be quite satisfying!

It’s intriguing but I still prefer the play mechanics and flow of MOTE, too bad that set is so underwhelming. Maybe they’ll buff it in the next couple seasons.

1 Like

There isn’t really any fundamental reason you can’t condi 5 packs down with this build, it’s just a question of grinding off some of their health as you “body pull” them through the rift, while letting AD + Bloodshed kill low-health, decent progression trash. In that sense, it’s like pre-FOT Leapquake.

Actually, power is best used to kill trash and elites rather than the RG. Bosses die so fast with this build (45-60 seconds, tops, for a no-adds RG) that a power pylon can only save you maybe 15 seconds, as opposed to a gain of maybe 45-60 seconds when used to kill mobs.

Leapquake or Pro-Slam?

Leapquake will always be my favorite build. And hey, just because it’s comparatively not very powerful anymore doesn’t mean we can’t play it! I’ve been super busy IRL lately but I’d like to get back to trying to get my Leap 126 down one of these days…

2 Likes

Hey guys, liking frenzy !

I got a primal Echoing Fury with DMG, STR, IAS.
I think solo my Azurewrath is probably still better, but for groups probably this primal EF is better.

Not sure on what to reroll though, what do you think?
Been looking at d3planner (Frenzy DPS):

Getting 24 AD (have no other AD rolls currently):

DMG -> AD : -5.36%
STR -> AD : -6.47% (If ~15k STR, current)
STR -> AD : -4.30% (If ~20k STR, will take a while)
IAS -> AD :
wotb-no , EF stacks-no : -5.00%
wotb-yes, EF stacks-no : -6.25%
wotb-yes, EF stacks-yes : -0.00% (IAS has no effect when both are up)

Or, getting CDR:

This would allow me to:
- re-roll gloves CDR -> VIT
- Para 1k VIT - > 1k STR (had 1k VIT in para to get 600k HP)

DMG -> CDR (para 1k VIT -> 1k STR) : +1.03%
STR -> CDR (para 1k VIT -> 1k STR) : -
IAS -> CDR (para 1k VIT -> 1k STR) :
wotb-no , EF stacks-no : +2.77%
wotb-yes, EF stacks-no : +0.20%
wotb-yes, EF stacks-yes : +6.07% (IAS has no effect when both are up)

Hey DCoil,

So first, a note: for groups, EF is not really ideal any more than AZ is, as the Fear proc will mess up whatever grouping your Zbarb is applying, while building up CC resist on the mobs. Also, in groups, killing trash is not really going to be your job. Instead, you just need to kill the RG as fast as possible. Options for being an RGK are discussed in the OP.

But, for more casual groups, either AZ or EF will do in a pinch. And hey, some people prefer solo pushing with EF. You should give it a try and see how it feels to you.

As for a reroll on the EF itself, hmm, it’s kind of complicated…

So, if you’re using the weapon in groups, I would definitely not take the AD. Like I said, killing trash isn’t going to be your job.

In terms of damage gained, I think that your best option may actually be rerolling IAS to CDR, and then rolling the CDR on your CoE to CHD. This should add 8-9% damage consistently, which is better than the 1-6% you could be getting from swapping VIT to STR.

Hope that helps, good luck out there!

1 Like

Hey Rage,

Nice spot on the ring, didn’t consider that.
Might take a while before getting a better CoE, so that make sense, cheers.

I like EF so far for groups, not doing high GR pushes / “optimal” groups atm.
I like the constant stacks during the rift.
It seems I have a decent Pig Sticker and Doombringer I could use for more “optimal” groups down the road. :slight_smile:

Hmm solo I didn’t like EF so far, but only tried like 2 or 3 with EF.
Could’ve been the rifts, but felt like I was lacking toughness quite a bit.
I ran some AZ vs EF tests on Ghom in game, the kill time was roughly the same.
So that should mean technically my EF could be better solo if I could solve the toughness issue without sacrificing (too much) damage.

If you do go with EF, you obviously want to swap out your APDs for either Morticks or Vambraces.

Vambraces of Sescheron?
Ye, tried those instead of APDs.
Maybe more HP/AR? (not getting lph on bracers for example)

Sure, you can try swapping some LpH for Vit or AllRes. You could also try out the Aughild setup, if you have good pieces of that set. Some people have achieved outstanding results with it.

Hi Rage. I found pretty decent primal boots yesterday from the H90 Set. Str,Vit,Allres. As secondarys they have Globe-pickupradius + Globeheal increased. I looked at the rerolls and saw that you can reroll one of those to 5.1 % chance to make enemies unable to move. Would this count as a “Stun” and would i benefit from it considering my AZ has 22.1 % Chance to freeze?

Edit: I also found a nice helmet with 940 str 899 vita , 128 allres, 1 socket , chance to fear. Instead of rerolling Allres to Crit i rerolled vita cause i wanted resistance…but then i thought that those could have been 899 str and therefore extradmg and armor. So was this a bad choice?

For solo I tried EF + Aughild + BoM.
It’s working out quite nicely!

Hey Psikill,

Nope, that doesn’t count as Stun or Freeze and doesn’t help you. You mentioned Str, Vit, and AllRes, but what’s the last primary on the boots? You want to reroll it to Armor, whatever it is.

Well, maybe a little. Technically, AllRes will eventually be better than Vit, once you have a lot of paragon. But it doesn’t sound to me like you are planning to reach 5k paragon or anything like that this season.

But AllRes is certainly not bad in that spot, and with that there you may be able to run with a little less Vit/Life than you normally do, because of the extra defense.

Glad to hear it!

Ahh cool , ty for your fast response. Glad to hear all-res wasnt a bad choice ^^. I am playing non-season mainly and sitting on 2,2 k Paragon. Currently compairing CoE and Aughild Variant. But its quite hard to compare as your speed is depending on the Rift by a big amount.

Why is there no Mention of Strongarm Bracers in your guide? I tried them and they work niceley and are apreciated in Groups

Well, there isn’t really a compelling case for using Strongarms. I’ve tried them out a bunch in solo push and come to the conclusion that you really need to get some defense from your bracer (APD, Mortick’s, Vambraces).

For serious groups, your job as a Frenzy Barb is as a RGK, or maybe finishing off an occasional elite, and the best setup for doing that is one of the very glassy RGK setups. I do suppose that the “European” RGK variant could do even more damage if you swapped out Mortick’s for Strongarms! I’ll think about adding that as a note in the RGK section.

For off-metas, if you’re liking the Strongarms, stick with them!

Ty for all the tips and frequent replies Rage. I was able to clear 124 yesterday with this being my current setup:

https://www.d3planner.com/222218900

Any tips what on what item would give me the biggest dmg-boost at this point?

Guess it would be an Amulett with 20% colddmg instead of 1000 Strength but …pretty unrealistic to find. Any rerolls i could do to increase dmg further?

Edit: 125 done. but thats about it

1 Like

Hey man, good job on the 125. Taking a look at your gear…

So regarding an amulet, even finding an ancient with something like 9% CHC / 90% CHD / 15% Cold would give you a little bit more damage than you have now (you’d drop about 7% dmg from Str, CHC, and CHD, but gain about 11% damage from the cold%). So keep your eyes open.

Also, it’s too late now, but you shouldn’t generally have AS on your Azurewrath. It doesn’t actually help you in terms of breakpoints, and adds no damage in your current setup.

An ideal AZ will have Cold%-CDR-LPH or Cold%-CDR-AD. Or, if you can’t make it to the 47% CDR breakpoint (if playing CoE variant, which you aren’t) based on other rolls on your gear, and so only need to hit the 29% breakpoint, it could have Cold%-AD-LPH. Anyway, like I said, it’s too late now, but that’s still a solid weapon.

Not much else with an obvious upgrade available. But, with your paragon and Augments, I’m pretty sure you’ve got a few more GRs in the tank. 126 for sure, maybe 127 too.

Good luck!